News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Army List: Supplementing Sisters with Inquisitorial Elements  (Read 519 times)

Offline objectionator

• High five!
Army List: Supplementing Sisters with Inquisitorial Elements
« on: February 18, 2009, 02:27:30 PM »
I have had a lot of success with witchhunters as pure sisters in the previous edition, but have been very shy to include inquisitorial elements. Here is my attempt at a fully-mechanized 2000 point list that includes my inquisitor lord.

Could this list be competitive? Are the inquisitorial elements worthwhile? I was thinking that the Lord's unit would provide additional psychic power protection and some anti-horde capability while the storm troopers would be the troops unit that guards my deployment zone if there's an objective in it (bolstered by the holy exorcist and supported by their chimera, only peeking out with the special weapons so they get cover saves).

Canoness Adriana's Unit: 312 points
  • canoness with mastercrafted eviscerator, bolt pistol, Cloak of St. Aspria, Book of St. Lucius
  • retinue with 5 models: frag grenades, meltagun, heavy flamer, imagifer, veteran has power sword and bolt pistol
  • immolator with smoke launchers and searchlight
Celestians: 218 points
  • 5 models: frag grenades, 2 meltaguns, veteran has eviscerator and bolt pistol
  • immolator with twin linked multimelta, dozer blade, smoke launchers
Dominions: 213 points
  • 5 models: 4 meltaguns, veteran has plasma pistol and chainsword
  • immolator with smoke launchers and searchlight
Battle Sisters Squads I and II: 2 x 211 points
  • battle sisters unit with 10 models: flamer, heavy flamer, veteran has bolt pistol and chainsword
  • rhino with smoke launchers, searchlight, hunter killer missile
Battle Sisters Squad III: 208 points
  • battle sisters unit with 10 models: 2 meltaguns, veteran has bolt pistol and chainsword
  • rhino with smoke launchers, searchlight, extra storm bolter
Exorcist Tank with dozer blade, holy icon: 150 points

Inquisitor Lord Nova's Unit: 264 points
  • inquisitor lord with bolter/stake-crossbow, power sword, frag grenades, rosarius, hammerhand
  • retinue with 2 warriors with flamers, crusader, acolyte with brazier and carapace armor, sage, familiar
  • rhino with smoke launchers and searchlight
Inquisitorial Storm Troopers: 213 points
  • storm troopers x10 including 2 grenade launchers
  • chimera with turret multilaser, hull heavy bolter, dozer blade, smoke launchers

Options:
I think a lance strike or Callidus assassin would be a cool addition to this list, but can't seem to find the points. I have other special weapons available for both sisters and storm troopers, but no additional vehicles. I have an extra immolator turret. Books of St. Lucius are sparse because they are not modeled on the veteran superiors.

Offline -Dark Fire-

• Previously Spear of Khaine
Re: Army List: Supplementing Sisters with Inquisitorial Elements
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 03:27:20 PM »
If you want the Callidus, drop the Inquisitor Lord to an Inquisitor, lose the retinue, drop one trooper and give the storm troopers double plasma and get a sarge with combi-plasma, or plasma pistol. Then just give the Inquisitor combi-plasma/plasma pistol. Really cheap - only 60 points, and then you've got points for a Callidus and other equipment.
'There is no art more beautiful and diverse as the art of death.'

Laconfir of Biel-Tan

Offline Wombats

Re: Army List: Supplementing Sisters with Inquisitorial Elements
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:33:03 PM »
Anything Storm Troopers can do, Sisters can do better. 
Field them if you like the models, though. 

I'd second Cleansing Flame on downgrading the Inqy to an Elite. 
I field one nude or with an Inquisitorial Mandate. 

Anything you try and do with an Inquisitor Lord is likely to have few advantages over the Sisters equivalent. 

With the unit you have now, your Warriors may as well have Meltaguns as your Sister's flamers are Divine Guidanced. 

You probably want more flamers on the Sisters.  To give an idea I field Flamer/Heavy Flamer/Combi Flamer on 4 Battle Sisters in Rhinos and back that up with 2 Double Flamer/Brazier Seraphim squads.  And I would put more flamers in if I could.   

Also, in fifth edition only your Troops score. 
So the Celestians and Dominions may as well be Battle Sisters. 
If you are fielding 4 Meltaguns to take care of Termies, try out the all flamer loadout instead, its almost as effective and shreds hordes as well. 
Thought begets Doubt : Doubt begets Heresy
(Heresy begets you sent to bed with no dinner)