News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A Fan Made SOB Data Sheet  (Read 739 times)

Offline ravenklath

• Wych
  • For The Life Of Me I Cannot Forgive Thee
A Fan Made SOB Data Sheet
« on: February 10, 2009, 07:34:20 PM »
This is from an Anonymous user on BOLS

Units:
1x Canoness with Jetpack
4x 10 Seraphim Squads
0-1 Saint Celestine

Assets:
• Strategic Redeployment
• Flank March

Special Rules:
• This is a faithful formation and produces an extra faith point.

• This formation allows for each Seraphim Squad to equip an extra special weapon

• Cleansing Flame
Seraphim can combine their flamers together to produce the strength and heat of a heavy flamer instead of firing their flamers separately. One other Seraphim can add her flamer to make it twin-linked.

• Cleansing Circle
In battle if 4 or more seraphim squads surround an enemy unit (must be within 6” of another squad) they can at a cost of 1 faith point can use their flamers to produce a cleansing circle of fire which engulfs every enemy within cleansing their souls and releasing them from their tainted bodies.

Range Str Ap Notes
Varies 8 2 No invul Saves

• Sacrificial Burning
If all else fails in their fight with the enemy one or more of the sisters will sacrifice themselves in order to release the full power of their faith and hatred. This sacrifice does not go in vain as the bright light from her engulfing body absorbs any enemy leaving no trace of their existence. (Note this can only be used on in battle as of fear of failing the emperor)

Range Str Ap Notes
6” X X No Armour/invulnerable Saves
(Hits and wounds on a 2+, amount of wounds depends on about of sacrifices “1 wound per sacrifice”)

It looks pretty good to me what do you guys think?

Quote from: RabidNurgling
  Besides, every time they come out with a new metal model, I punch a kitten.
quote author=Eidolon  Your music sucks, youre obnoxious, this coming from a guy with gaga as his avatar.

Dark Eldar 5th ED Record 4-1-1

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
Re: A Fan Made SOB Data Sheet
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 07:59:49 PM »
No armour or invulnerables on both abilities seems a bit overpowered, even for Apocalypse.

Offline ravenklath

• Wych
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 08:26:40 PM »
thats the only problem i had with it as well however i think the second one should allow invul saves though you are sacraficing basically you own model i think thats why the OP had no allowed either type of save. It may need to be edited to where feel no pain can be applied in this situation.

quote author=Eidolon  Your music sucks, youre obnoxious, this coming from a guy with gaga as his avatar.

Offline Draza

• Ancient
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 09:12:19 PM »
*Requires too many squads of Seraphim. A minimum og three squads of Seraphim would make the datasheet more usuable.

*Too many extra special rules. Many of them too complicated and too overpowered. I doubt all of that would fit onto an Apocalypse page (you'd need at least 2 pages)

*Apocalypse is all about keeping it simple and fun. Being able to assault after deep striking would be one such ability.

Modifications I would make this this datasheet

Units:
1 St.Celestine
1+ Canoness with jump pack
3+ Seraphim squads [with flamers]

Asssets:
Strategic redeployment

Special Rules

This is a faithful formation and produces an extra faith point.

• This formation allows for each Seraphim Squad to equip an extra special weapon

Cleansing fire
*As above

Angel assault
*Deep strike the Saint. Place Seraphim/Canoness units within 12" without scatter after determing the placements

Offline ravenklath

• Wych
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 09:23:56 PM »
I actually like this version draza it seems a little more balanced. perhaps even give the cannoness the hit and run special rule as it reads in the wh codex so they work better together