News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1,500pts. of Sisters  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Dracite Zorial

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1,500pts. of Sisters
« on: January 15, 2008, 01:12:52 PM »
Canoness- Cloak of St. Aspira, Litanies of Faith, Blessed Weapon, Rosarius= 145pts.

Palatine- Eviscerator, Rosarius= 85pts.

Vet. Sister Superior with Storm Bolter and 9 Battle Sisters- 2 with Storm Bolters= 144pts.

Vet. Sister Superior with Storm Bolter and 9 Battle Sisters- 2 with Storm Bolters= 144pts.

1 Sister Superior and 4 Dominions- 4 Flamers= 154pts.
Rhino with Smoke Launchers and Extra Armour= 58pts.

Exorcist- 135pts.

Exorcist- 135pts.

1,500pts.

What does everyone think about this list?

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Re: 1,500pts. of Sisters
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 01:58:43 PM »
Gah, not good army. But we have a thread with handy advice for new sisters players, I think it might be able to help you; Army Builds: Mechanized Sisters of Battle.

We're trying to compile it as a sort of advice/guidebook for playing sisters of battle, so if you don't mind we'd like to test it on you. ;D Have a look and see if it gives you some pointers, do give us any thoughts and feedback you have (doing it in this thread is fine if you want to keep it relevent to your army).
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Dracite Zorial

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 02:04:03 PM »
Alright! Thank you. I'll look it over and get back to you when I get the chance.

Offline Inquisitor Malak

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 06:37:23 PM »
Canoness- Cloak of St. Aspira, Litanies of Faith, Blessed Weapon, Rosarius= 145pts.

Bad config. Better one is below;

Canoness, blessed weapon, inferno pistol, jump pack, cloak, frags
Palatine- Eviscerator, Rosarius= 85pts.

Again, you don't have any mobility. Another replacement;

Canoness, eviserator, bolt pistol, jump pack, cloak

Gah, storm bolters! Chuck them all. Keep the VSS, but buy a heavy flamer and meltagun for each squad. You'll also want Rhinos (I would suggest dropping a squad), so they can get within range.

Terminate. Seraphim are pure win, never take Dominions when you can have them. Better use of points;

(2) 7 x Seraphim, 2 x twin-hand flamers, VSS w/ eviserator
Exorcist- 135pts.

Exorcist- 135pts.

Yay! Best choice you've made. Remember if you are finding you lack dakka, you can always add a cheap squad of Retributors w/ heavy bolters for S5 AP1 (with DG) love against Marines.
posted by Locarno;

Lamenters are supposed to use modified Blood Angels gene-seed (modified to take out the extreme angryness, but somehow replacing it with a defective karma gene)

Offline Wombats

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 08:40:53 PM »
If you're going two HQ's, go two Cannonesses, the extra 10 points buys you so much more value than 10 points :)

Hymirl's link has the goods on setting up your Battle Sisters squad. 

Playtest the Storm Bolters squads versus Flamers in Rhinos and you'll never look back. 

It will reduce your Battle Sister's body count to 75% but will make them kill several times more than the footsloggers would. 

Dominions look great...on paper.  With dimishing returns you can get most of their utility from a Seraphim squad who can also:

• Pull off Divine Guidance relaibly to torture space marine players
  • Be the only good close combat unit apart from your Cannonesses
  • Generally whack your opponent with a healthy chunk of Faith based cheese
Thought begets Doubt : Doubt begets Heresy
(Heresy begets you sent to bed with no dinner)

Offline Gornon

• Emperor's Quill | I... I just don't want to talk about it
  • Ancient
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 09:33:13 PM »
Also, Rhinos are nice VS armies like the nids where the nuns have to stand and shoot, as a charge is suicidal.  You only give up three shots at range for a highly mobile platform that can pick the nuns up and drive them away or move in between them and the oncoming nids, blocking LOS and preventing charges. 
"Lift not my head from bloody ground,
Bear not my body home,
For all the earth is Roman earth
And I shall die in Rome."
-G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad Of The White Horse

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-Carl von Clausewitz, Prussian Military Theorist

Background Board Poster of the Year, '09