News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: First Daemonhunters list please rate  (Read 464 times)

Offline Lord Scoot

First Daemonhunters list please rate
« on: October 14, 2007, 01:38:28 PM »
Please rate my first list. My main opponent is my chaos playing brother (likes to use mass daemons) and our house rules stop us from using any tanks at 500pts, transport or otherwise.

The only models I currently have are one of the Grey Knights squads, the Lord and the mystic
Comments and criticism are welcome

Inquisitor Lord - Bolt pistol, psycannon rounds, artificator armour, daemonhammer
3x Plasma gun warriors
mystic
Acolyte
(thinking of giving the Lord, shoulder mounted pyscannon instead, but am unsure how to model it, I used a converted empire warrior priest)

2x Grey Knights
Justcar, 4x grey knights, incinerator

500pts, exactly I think

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Re: First Daemonhunters list please rate
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 09:16:23 PM »
Don't give the Lord a Psycannon unless you also give him Terminator armor- in which case he becomes a mobile firing platform (and has the best armor he can get fairly cheap).  Since they're on foot anyway, this is a good thing.  With his current kit out, I would give him a Storm Bolter (he's better at shooting than close combat, anyway).

Once you get more models, and possibly a Storm Trooper squad, I would put two Incinerators in one squad and make it a Teleport Attack squad.  I like to have squads on foot just take all Storm Bolters as it keeps them cheap and both heavy weapons are a bad trade-off: you lose the Nemesis Force Weapon and one attack just to get a pricey weapon upgrade that can't shoot as far as the Storm Bolters when you move. 

Since these are the models you have, there aren't many composition choices available to you.  I would give any one of the squads Sacred Incense to help slay Daemons before they can strike you.  Also, it's not hard to convert a Familiar out of extra skulls and spare bits- make one and put it in your Inquisitor Lord unit (if you can do this, put the Incense in one of the Grey Knight squads).  If you have extra points, give every squad leader a Targeter- that way your whole army can better coordinate the limited number of shooting squads that it has. 

Also, might I suggest the Combat Patrol rules for small games?  It gives great limitations to characters, vehicles, ordnance, etc.  You could increase the point limit from 400 to 500 and lift the restriction on 3 wound models (or take an Elite Inquisitor rather than an HQ Inquisitor). 
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.