News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Are Inquisitors Human?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Farseer Bob-Namawochet

• Farseer Bob-Namawochet
Are Inquisitors Human?
« on: October 28, 2005, 12:58:10 PM »
I'm not sure if Inquisitors are human or Space marine, please help! I'm confused  ???!
Thanks!

Farseer Bob-Namawochet
Eldrad has seen the stars stained with your blood and it pleases him, and ME!

Offline taphos

Re: Are Inquisitors Human?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 01:14:47 PM »
Im pretty sure they're human, as without some wargear/armor they have a relatively low armor save.
"This is because complex concepts (a blood god that doesn't advocate mindless slaughter?) don't sell all that well to emo kids and wannabe punks, the people who seem most prone to playing Chaos." - Drongol (warseer)

Offline Farseer Bob-Namawochet

• Farseer Bob-Namawochet
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 01:22:50 PM »
Thanks!
Eldrad has seen the stars stained with your blood and it pleases him, and ME!

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 05:39:07 PM »
Yes, inquisitors are human. Just look at their stat line. Low S and T, average WS, BS, I and A. Hardly Marine material.

And Muppet, if you took away a marine's power armour, he still wouldn't get an armour save. So you can't really judget it by that.

Eller
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline ColonelLindsay

• Praise be to the God-Emperor
    • The Battle for Thralanx
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 07:13:18 PM »
inquisitors are regular/normal humans*. they sometimes manage to gain access to power amour but not always. It would be an extremely** rare thing for a space marine to become an inquisitor and impossible for vice versa as space marines are inducted at around the age of 10-12, and inquisitors don't finish there training till at least 20***-25 even 30 years old.

* Some are psykers though. In fact quite a lot are.
** Really, Really Extremely. Space Marines are Space Marines to the end.
*** Eisenhorn and Ravenor being examples of early finished trainees at the age of 20.
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/thralanx
"GW store managers aren't known to be reliable sources..." - Irandura
Hey, I'm finally a Full Member again!!!
"The only good use of pride is swallowing it." - mrspungebob
98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Offline Irandrura

• Only mildly annoying
  • Ancient
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 08:34:28 PM »
and impossible for vice versa as space marines are inducted at around the age of 10-12, and inquisitors don't finish there training till at least 20***-25 even 30 years old

Not all Space Marines are taken at such a young age - there's evidence that a man can become a Space Marine at any age. The Space Wolves in particular like to recruit adults. The Dark Angels too - before the destruction of Caliban, they recruited from the knights of the Order, presumably adult, including Luther himself.

My guess is that the Codex Astartes states that recruits should be taken young, and that's why the more orthodox Chapters do it.

So it is possible for a 30 year old to become a Space Marine. That said, it would be extremely rare for an Inquisitor to become one, if not completely impossible. What Chapter would agree to implant any of their precious progenoid into an Inquisitor?
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 12:52:03 AM »
Not all Space Marines are taken at such a young age - there's evidence that a man can become a Space Marine at any age. The Space Wolves in particular like to recruit adults. The Dark Angels too - before the destruction of Caliban, they recruited from the knights of the Order, presumably adult, including Luther himself.

My guess is that the Codex Astartes states that recruits should be taken young, and that's why the more orthodox Chapters do it.

So it is possible for a 30 year old to become a Space Marine. That said, it would be extremely rare for an Inquisitor to become one, if not completely impossible. What Chapter would agree to implant any of their precious progenoid into an Inquisitor?
The problem with recruiting older people for the Marines is that it is a lot more risky, and takes longer per marine. When they are just teenagers, the implants merely accelerate a current growth spurt, and convince the body to do all the wacky stuff it does. When the implantation is tried on an older person, the organs have to start a whole new period of growth, rather than using an existing one. This means that the implantation process would take longer, and have a much higher chance of causing mutations.

As far as I know, the Space Wolves don't recruit at an older age compared to normal chapters. Some chapters might recruit from older people if numbers are very low, and younger recruits are unavailable, but if they can help it, a chapter will try and get their recruits from teenagers.

Eller
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline Vlex

• Ach! Ze Germans are coming!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 01:35:33 PM »
So what you're saying is that what the marine's goes through with all the modification really just boils down to Hyper-puberty?  :D

Good for larks and lashings of the old ultra-violence!

Offline ColonelLindsay

• Praise be to the God-Emperor
    • The Battle for Thralanx
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 02:03:04 PM »
hyper-puberty to a extent. it's more that it's like learning, it's easier to teach someone something when they have never learned something in the first place. but harder to UN-learn something later on. i hope that made sense. ;D
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/thralanx
"GW store managers aren't known to be reliable sources..." - Irandura
Hey, I'm finally a Full Member again!!!
"The only good use of pride is swallowing it." - mrspungebob
98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Offline Findecano

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 02:36:26 PM »
hey, this might be considered thread hijacking, but oh well...
Just look at their stat line. Low S and T, average WS, BS, I and A

just for a discussion, take a look at page 10 of the dh codex. that man does not look like the same t s and i as an average guardsman. he looks like someone who has been pumped up using either geneseed technology or the 41st milennia equivalent of steroids. I hope in the next codex/update, inquisitors will have an upgrade making them s4 t3.
Armies: Sons of Malice, Inquisitorial Black Ship force, Salamanders, Raven Guard.

Offline Homun

• My flying carnifex rocks!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 06:04:35 PM »
Yup they are human...Just not in personaility. They can can for the annilation of a planet after all...Scary power, plus they generally scare the hell out of most civies. There they the Nazis of the Imperium lol
10,000+ points of space marines
3,000 points of stinky nurgle
2,000 points of nids
2,000 points of necron

Offline Irandrura

• Only mildly annoying
  • Ancient
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 06:24:24 AM »
The problem with recruiting older people for the Marines is that it is a lot more risky, and takes longer per marine. When they are just teenagers, the implants merely accelerate a current growth spurt, and convince the body to do all the wacky stuff it does. When the implantation is tried on an older person, the organs have to start a whole new period of growth, rather than using an existing one. This means that the implantation process would take longer, and have a much higher chance of causing mutations.

Agreed - there has to be some reason young children are preferred, after all!

As far as I know, the Space Wolves don't recruit at an older age compared to normal chapters. Some chapters might recruit from older people if numbers are very low, and younger recruits are unavailable, but if they can help it, a chapter will try and get their recruits from teenagers.

The Space Wolves make a point of selecting brave warriors fallen in battle. I somehow doubt that 11-year olds are on the field of battle...
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.