News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2K Pure GKs  (Read 834 times)

Offline GiJedi

• The Force is strong with this one!
2K Pure GKs
« on: October 26, 2005, 02:54:10 AM »
Hi, I just regged here and I'd like to post one of my GK list for your perusal. I've been playing GKs since they came out and have put alot of time, effort and the Force knows, alot of money, LOL!! This list here is my latest of many, check it out and let me know what you think. BTW, I like to stay with the pure GKs, I really like the challenge and punishment I get for going against the odds, LOL.

HQ Grand Master@235
          Psycannon, Grimoire of True Names, Sacred Incense, Icon of the Just, Master Crafted Weapon(Force Weapon)

Troop 10 Grey Knights@325
          Psycannon x2

Psycannon x2

Psycannon x2

Troop 9 Grey Knights@250

Troop 9 Grey Knights@250

Heavy Support GK Dred@145
          Twin-Linked Las-Cannon, Blessed, Ex Armor

Heavy Support GK Dred@145
          Twin-Linked Las-Cannon, Blessed, Ex Armor

Total 51 models

And there ya have it. It did well on it's first trial run againt Blood Angels, I'll have to see how it go's against other armies.
"I am the Hammer"
"I am the tip of the spear"
"I am the gauntlet about His fist"
"I am His wrath!"
"I am am the bane of all deamonkind!!"
Any questions?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/GiJedi/MyArmy.jpg

Offline Findecano

Re: 2K Pure GKs
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 03:46:58 AM »
It looks ok, but you are going to need some tactics for it. what deepstrikes, for instance? Dreads die very easily, so i suggest getting some gk terminators,preferably some with thunderhammers. these can take down vehicles easily from the backside. but with so many the same units, you need to say what does what. How about some purgation squads?
Armies: Sons of Malice, Inquisitorial Black Ship force, Salamanders, Raven Guard.

Offline GiJedi

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 04:13:52 AM »
Well this list is my latest incarnation, I'm going for numbers with this list, I'm trying to even the odds up some against some of the more numerous armies out there. Basically my thought with this list, is the three main squads with the Psycannons lay down the fire and the Stormbolter only squads move up and around to cove the flanks, the dreads for tank killing, and the GM for support for the Psycannon squads. I tried the Purgation squad and was dissatisfied with the results. I also tried the Fa option too with 2 squads before and lost them both due to bad scatter. That was a really bad day for me, I always seem to have bad luck DSing, don't know why. I like the TH option idea for the Termies, tho don't they lose their SBs? Might try investigting the idea sometime tho, thanks.
"I am the Hammer"
"I am His wrath!"
Any questions?

Offline Findecano

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 04:30:40 AM »
yeah I never ds, unless I have an ist squad with transport/infiltrators with teleport homers. but if you aren't gonna ds I think you should give the GM and a gk squad/termis a land raider (crusader?) I don't think the troops will make it if everything walks. Just make sure you always walk your gk firebase. (giving them an effective 24' range)
Armies: Sons of Malice, Inquisitorial Black Ship force, Salamanders, Raven Guard.

Offline Demon16

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 12:04:30 AM »
I rather like this list, it's great in numbers, though I think you could use a LRC to drive up in with Teleport Homers so you wont' scatter like Findecano suggested

You could maybe use Orbital Stirkes, cause you you choose a really big Terrain piece, you haave a good chance of dropping it on them, and if not you force your enemy to only one side of the feild and you can focus all your fire hehe!
"Growing Old is Manatory...Growing Up is Optional"

Offline GiJedi

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 02:01:23 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, I currently only have a basic land raider (man does it look sweet) for my GKs, and I have used to some limited success. As far as focusing fire, I try to let the enemy come to me and when they get into SB range, I back start to back up if I can. whittle them down as much as i can by using my superior firepower and then try to charge. In theory, that is, heheh. I might have to ressurect my LR and give one of my troops a TH and then DS my termies in, but that is alot of points for so few models,what am I complining about, I play Grey Knights, of course I get few models on the board, LOL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I DS my termies in, all they can do is set there till the next turn. I'll have to run though the tactics on that one. I'd post a couple of pics, but I'm at a loss as to how to attach pics here.
"I am the Hammer"
"I am His wrath!"
Any questions?

Offline Black Sword

• Finish painting your last mini and you die...
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 03:26:31 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I DS my termies in, all they can do is set there till the next turn.
They can shoot as if they had moved (no heavies), but cannot assault.  They also come in all B2B, surrounding the first arriving unit (template bait).  I've had about 50-50 success with DS'ing a 4 termie squad.  I've never had one drift off the board (knock on wood), but they have been blown to pieces before they could move.  GK Termies scare the poop outta people.

I know some folks are big on even-numbers only for 4th edition rules, but I like your list.  Against a horde army, having at least one squad with Incinerators instead of psycannons (i LOVE psycannons!) might be helpful.  Of course, if you know you won't be facing any, you're good.
Chapter Master,
Ordo Pacificus chapter,

40K Fight Club

Offline GiJedi

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 03:41:50 AM »
I thought so, this is giving me a few new directions to go. If I don't try 'em, I won't know if they work for me. Thanks for the imput, I'll take any and all suggestions into consideration, being that these guys are one of the hardest armies to field any new idea's are appriciated. I'm glad this list being well recieved. Keep 'em coming! Once I get the Photo posting figured out, I'll give you all a look.
"I am the Hammer"
"I am His wrath!"
Any questions?