News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Knuckles on Necrodermis Campaign - Necron Side  (Read 7173 times)

Offline Foxfire

• Necron Lord of 40KO | KoN Veteran
  • Ancient
  • The picture is a werewolf
  • Armies: Necrons and Orks
Re: Knuckles on Necrodermis Campaign - Necron Side
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2010, 08:56:18 AM »
Is it acceptable to post mini-batreps in here?  If not, please remove this and I can rewrite via pm.  If so, I'll make it brief. 

Two games in sector 2/3 (1500 points), I'm more comfortable in sector 3, though, if I have to choose one.

First game: My Tyranid opponent heard of the horrors of the Nob biker list, and thought that he could take it down pretty easily.  We argued this for a while, but he was not concerned.  I wanted a campaign game, and didn't want to play the Ork biker list anyway, so I compromised and told him I'd play the most broken Necron list I could instead.  My 1500 point list was two units of Warriors, the Nightbringer, and three Monoliths. 
Sector: 3
Game type: Control Points
My opponent: Codex Tyranids
Result: Necron victory.
Highlights: Had I deployed more intelligently, using deepstrike for the Monoliths and starting the Nightbringer on the board, he would have had no chance whatsoever (the highest strength he took was 8 ), but because I began with the Monoliths on the table and everything else in reserve, it almost cost me the win.  I immobilized one of my Monoliths on my first turn of movement, he immobilized a second on his first turn of shooting.  The last got another turn or two of movement before he immobilized that too (we counted it up and he was rolling more than twice as many glances as he statistically should).  To be fair, he had loaded up on Hive Guard, which did improve his chances somewhat.  In the end, though, too much firepower was diverted to the Monoliths, and the  Nightbringer swept down, killed some Hive Guard, took three wounds from shooting (he made none of his invulnerable saves) and managed to consolidate onto his control point, contesting it while my Warriors held mine.  Game ended on turn 5, otherwise it would have been a draw.

Second game: Same opponent, but he agreed to play my Orks with a list I had written for them.  Unfortunately, my Orks are a bit more competitive than my Necrons at this point, and the list I gave him did pretty well.  At any rate, his army contained six Killa Kans, a Dreadnought, 60 Boyz with Power Klaw Nobs, a Mega Armor Boss in a trukk with 10 Boyz and a Powa Klaw Nob, a Big Mek w. KFF and 6 Wartrakks with twin-linked Rokkit Launchas.  My list utilized 9 Destroyers, 3 Heavy Destroyers, 20 Warriors, 10 Immortals and a Lord with Veil of Darkness and Resurrection Orb.  He agreed to play as my Orks provided I didn't play the same list I'd used against his Tyranids (I'd told him before that Orks had trouble with high-armor vehicles). 
Sector: 3
Game Type: Annihilation
My opponent: Codex Orks
Result: Ork victory
Highlights: Luck simply was not on my side in these games.  I won the last one from sheer ridiculousness of my list, but I had no such advantage in this game.  Nine of my Destroyers spent three turns trying to put down one unit of Killa Kans, and doing absolutely nothing for two of those turns, and killing one of them on the third turn.  A giant piece of terrain obscured my firing lanes, so I could only move my Destroyers in one direction, and not very efficiently at that.  By the end of the game, I had killed one mob down to its last Boy and Nob, but the outrageous terrain made finishing the job impossible (it's a big hill which is about six inches tall and three feet long), I immobilized his trukk but had no opportunity to divert fire again and wreck it, and for the life of me the dice simply would not permit me to put down his Kans.  By the end of the game I managed to knock out one of his Trakk squads, but he had claimed both of my Warriors squads (my plan to lure his horde to one extreme of the board while systematically using the Lord to move my Immortals and Warriors to the opposite side was crushed after veiling the Immortals, and then losing the Lord on his return trip to grab the Warriors...scattere d 12' off the table edge and then I rolled a 1 on mishap), as well as my Heavy Destroyers and he got credit for my Lord.  So, end of the game, he had 4 Kill Points and I had 1, but was on the verge of 3.  I don't guess there's anything I could have done, though: even with his Kustom Force Field obscuring all his vehicles, I still did nowhere near the expected damage, neutralizing my Destroyers for almost the entire game.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 08:59:51 AM by Foxfire »

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 09:45:06 AM »
Feel free to post the mini-batreps here if desired. What foxfire has is actually a fair bit more than you need when you go to report your results to your team leader.

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 10:04:47 AM »
Hey Firefox, nice mini-batreps.

Congrats on the win (in sector 3) and the fact that you actually did one of the Bonus missions is ... err... a bonus. I am not sure if your allowed to count 2 games for a Campaign 2 week session; but if you can then great. Make sure that you post your results to NecronCell2131 in a PM so he can forward the overall Necron results to the Organizer (Gutstikk).

I think I have a game lined up for Wed/Thurs vs IG, and this will be a new opponent for me so I have no idea how the game will go. We will be doing a standard mission from what I have decerned so far. He wants a 1500pts game and I have been doing 1700's so input to my list would be appreciated.

TMGM standard 1700pts list.

(300) 1 Deceiver
(200) 1 D-Lord, GoF, Phyl, PS, Scythe.
(252) 7 Pariah --- considering trimming down to 5 for the 1500pts game.
(180) 10 Warriors
(180) 10 Warriors
(060) 5 Scarab Swarms
(123) 3 Wraiths --- considering trimming down to only one unit or two nunits of 2 for the 1500pts game.
(123) 3 Wraiths
(165) 3 Tomb Spiders --- considering trimming one out if needed for 1500tps game.
(110) 2 Tomb Spiders

1693pts, 2SU's, 13KP's, PO = 6/27 with 45 Figures

Anyway, those are my initial ideas; but feel free to advise as I pretty well can do any figures in the Necron list.

Cheers

SupREME-10
Necrontyr Lord
TMGM Necron Cell 100111

Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Foxfire

• Ancient
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 10:15:06 AM »
Hmm...granted, your play style is much different than my own, Moc, so I'm not sure whether or not I could advise you in how to trim your list in a way that will still work for you.  Just in general, though, I find my Pariahs never survive against opponents with appreciable shooting (I know already that you and Gutstikk have had different luck on this count), and Wraiths are the most feared unit in my army when playing against IG. 

I'd suggest keeping all the Wraiths you've got and taking the points out of Pariahs and Tomb Spyders.  My C'tan don't usually do much against Guard, but I feel like the Deceiver's a big part of your list and he could be useful in consuming bucketloads of firepower (especially nasty given the faster elements of your force which he'll need to choose between...my IG opponent always targets Wraiths first, if your opponent does the same it's more or less a free ticket upfield for your Deceiver...the same is true in reverse, obviously).  You might also consider either giving those Scarabs Disruption Fields, or dropping them in favor of more Wraiths, but again, we have different play styles and I'm not sure I'm the best guy to be critiquing here.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 12:35:57 PM »
I hear you and that is why I was asking for ideas. I too have come to notice that many players in my area are becoming particularly anti-Wraith or anything fast in my lists.

With that in mind, here is where I am at.

TMGM standard 1700pts list.

(300) 1 Deceiver
(180) 5 Pariah
(180) 10 Warriors
(180) 10 Warriors
(048) 4 Scarab Swarms
(123) 3 Wraiths
(123) 3 Wraiths
(165) 3 Tomb Spiders

1499pts, 2SU's, 11KP's, PO = 6/27 with 40 Figures

I actually like the feel of your suggested list, but I have a few other ideas still as the Wraiths seam to get picked off easily enough as well as the Pariah/Tomb Spiders vs IG. Speed might be the key though as some of those IG tend to not do so well in CC; but you still need to get to the slippery little buggers, and Wraiths are great in that regard.

I will deffinately consider your idea; but I am also considering something that marries both our ideas; like this list.

(300) 1 Deceiver
(180) 5 Pariah
(180) 10 Warriors
(180) 10 Warriors
(072) 6 Scarab Swarms
(082) 2 Wraiths
(082) 2 Wraiths
(110) 2 Tomb Spiders
(110) 2 Tomb Spiders

1496pts, 2SU's, 12KP's, PO = 6/25 with 41 Figures

man I wish Wraiths came in a larger squad size as I have some wonderfull ideas for larger squads of Wraiths.

Cheers

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 04:38:54 PM »
I'm fairly certain I wont really be sticking with any sort of standard list while I game. However, it'll always be some variation of a 1500pts. I have played a   few games last thursday, if that helps the cause. I am stoked to get in games with my new monolith.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 04:39:56 PM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 07:31:16 AM »
The mono is a option, especially for that Kill Box mission as you would want 3-4 Warrior squads and 2 Mono's might be used to protect them a little.

I might run a 1850 pt list with:
Lord
4 Warrior squads of 10
2 Destroyer squads of 5
2 Mono's

Its not very tactical; but for that Kill Box mission it might actually survive and do something.

Cheers

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010, 04:22:31 PM »
Here's what I'd go for:
-Lord, veil,orb
-Monoltih, in reserves
-10 warriors
-10 warriors, led by Lord
-10 warriors, held in reserves arriving via portal

It's only half a list at the 2k pts range and with the addition of tomb spyders you needn't actually sacrifice anything. Any warriors killed early on will probably end up combining with the secondary unit or once they drop, warping via spyder to the secondary unit. The monolith is just a reserves delay mechanism for unit 3. The lord with the orb is there to get the warriors away from the biggest threat, forcing the opponent to remain honest with their deployment zone. Also, your own board edge is safe, so it's quite realistic to expect to be able to 'retreat' for a turn or two into safety, if you've a speedbump in the army.

No doom and gloom :). I might even try it with my regular army just to see if I could pull it off.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2010, 10:58:45 AM »
My first campaign game is done

1750pts of TMGM vs IG 29 Sep 2010

And I have an opponent next Thursday for the bonus Kill Box mission. I will need luck to win that one, thats for sure.

Cheers

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #29 on: October 2, 2010, 07:12:05 PM »
The second fight has been finished
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206011.msg2520325#msg2520325

I am posting this here as I know that lettheharvestbegin is such a rabid poster that he might get to this before the campaign is over, so I will just save him a step or two.

Thanks for a great game, and make sure to give lettheharvestbegin 4 campaign points for the necrons.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #30 on: October 3, 2010, 10:52:03 AM »
Round 2 has opened. Due to the nature of this campaign, you can still get missions for Round 1 in and have them counted till the end of the week, when Round 3 starts.

Also note that I haven't heard anything about redeployment, so the current sector deployment has been left untouched. Let me know if I need to update this!

I'd like to receive an interim report for Round 1 from your team commander, just to make certain that when it comes time to report the full results for Round 1, it is done correctly!

Offline NecronCell2131

• KoN Veteran
  • Mindshackle Scarabs Abuser
  • Armies: Necrons, Vampire counts
« Reply #31 on: October 4, 2010, 03:18:00 AM »
Fellow Necron lords i have sent this update for your software concerning the Necrodermis protocol.

We have had Victories and defeats against the wretched spawn of the old ones, Damned Krorks deserve nothing but the purge of our gauss weaponry! We will see every greenskinned body destroyed for there feeble attempts to posess our technologyLord Techron peters off with barely audablesmelly green mushrooms..

Update download complete.
 File opened.

Moc065, Firefox, Doopsie, have all Played games for the campaign with Moc and killersquid playing some preliminaries due to a mixed up date for the campaign.

Killersquid and Moc065 both started a section in the Hero's Portrait link to gain extra points for the team.

Moc065 has a game for Wednesday. Davinders game is tuesday.

Check the main campaign thread for the new bonus mission.

All reports have to be PM'ed to me no later than Midnight Oct 9th otherwise Gutstikk wont renew my subscription to Girls Gone Flayed  :'(

End.

« Last Edit: October 4, 2010, 10:51:32 AM by moc065 »
My Tesseract Labyrinth Collection:
 1xDreadknight
 Enemies Doored by Monolith:
 1xBlack templars dreadnought,1xChaos lord,1xEmperors champion,1xDante,1xBelial,4xMelta guns that failed to kill it,1xWolf lord,1xStraken

Offline Foxfire

• Ancient
« Reply #32 on: October 4, 2010, 08:56:14 AM »
Oh...forgive me for the lack of private message, but I also wrote a fiction piece in the fiction section...so far it only involves the Orks opposing my Necrons, though, so I don't know that it counts?

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #33 on: October 8, 2010, 04:59:42 PM »
Thanks for the update, and obviously lettheharvestbegin also had a game, as SKEETERGOD posted the batrep and named him in it as the oponent. And this one was a game, a bonus for Bonus mission round 1, and a bonus for Bonus mission vs Orks themselves. lettheharvestbegin should still go into the Batrep and make comments and fire a PM to you to make things clear as a bell; but he most certainly had the game and used it to score major points.

I think Firefox's fiction should count, and I too will be entering a fictional piece in regard to TMGM, as well as a terrain tutorial on Necron Obelisk building (I will be doing 3-5 to use as Mission Objective markers).

Cheers and decent start; but we need more game to score in all 3 sectors as well as the bonus and notoriour points that might be grabbed up.

Another Battle done.

Bonus Mission 1 -- Interupted 2000pts TMGM vs Space Wolves -- 7 Oct 2010.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #34 on: October 9, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »
The latest fight between me and lettheharvestbegin
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206252.msg2523415#msg2523415

Good thing I have to fight the IG next week as he is starting to get good at fighting orks
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Davinder

• KoN Veteran
  • Is there nothing Gauss technology can't do
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2010, 01:24:08 PM »
Had my first game for the Campaign on Tuesday and have only just got around to doing the Battle Report.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206275.0

Necrons Vs (Kr)orks 1750pts using the Interrupted Bonus Mission.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2010, 09:40:18 AM »
Necrons vs Orks for round 2 + bonus mission http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206459.0

Cheers, and I am off to read some more of the other reports.

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 09:58:11 AM »
And anyone who's had trouble with Nob Bike Squads in 5th ed with their Necrons really must read that report. I've added it to the stickies - and actually, I'll probably add most of the campaign matches to the stickies as well if nobody minds being Immortalized.

Speaking of which, as an aside from the campaign - everyone remember to shoot me PMs if your posting batreps. I'll take the link and add it in so we get a very nice collection of Necron battle reports growing.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 12:06:49 PM »
I got the round 3 bonus mission done.

moc065 - bonus mission 3, "Secure the Tablet"

I am still scheduling for the round 3 game; but I will need luck as the expected opponent is a crafty one.

Cheers

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2010, 02:47:24 PM »
Your friendly KoN Ork Faction leader here, just to do a tad bit of gloating on how we’ve taken the lead.

Now are you gonna stand for that?!

I should hope not, get out there and krump some Orkzies!  More than just that, while Skeetergod has a heavy lead on the Notoriety Points you can krump him if you not only play games, but put out some Campaign Fiction, a Tablet marker, and a Hero Portrait.  After all the NP winner is gonna get this Necron Terrain piece:

You don’t want some lousy Korork to have it!

Peace
~OD

Post Script: If offended, just remember that this is my way of getting you Necrons pumped to play.
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard