News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Any ideas on my firends army List?  (Read 1749 times)

Offline -Faeruithir-

Any ideas on my firends army List?
« on: January 20, 2005, 11:31:27 AM »
Ok, he is doing speed freeks and has a lot of knowledge on Orks and 4ok in general but he wants some ideas. Here it is:

H.Q
Big Mek Remus
Choppa
Kustom Force Field
Eavy armour
Bionik Bonce
Bionik Arm
Mekboy’s tools
3 Grot Orderlies

Wartruk
Rokkit Launcha
Grot Rigers

Troops
Tankbusta mob
8 Boyz

Wartruk
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates
Red Paint Job
Rokkit Launcha

Trukk Boyz
7 Boyz with Choppa and Slugga
1 Boy with a Big Shoota
1 Nob in Mega Armour with a Shoota and Mega boosta

Wartruk
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates
Red Paint Job
Big Shoota

Trukk Boyz
1 Boy with a Rokkit Launcha
1 Nob in Mega Armour with a Shoota and Mega boosta

Wartruk
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates
Red Paint Job
Big Shoota

Warbuggie and Wartrak Squadron
Warbuggie   
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates
Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha

Wartrak   
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates

Fast attack
Death Kopta Squadron
1 Death Kopta

Mek Kopta Squadron
1 Mek Boy in Death Kopta with Kustom Force field

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Battle Tank
Heavy Bolter
Heavy Flamers
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates
Read Paint Job
Turbo Booster

Offline Warboss Waaazag

• Da Kan't Stoppable.
Re: Any ideas on my firends army List?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 01:11:12 AM »
I have played a similar list to this. Its pretty decent as they go. If he's lucky, the 'russ will be shot at, loose its
turret and then get ignored for the rest of the game like mine did. I like the idea that the army is led by a big mek
instead of a warboss, you don't see that very often. Honestly, I'd ditch the big shoota and rokkit launchas in yer
trukk boy mobs. Swap them for burnas. You're going to be right close to them enemy anyway, take advantage
of the flame template. Besides you have plenty of big shootas and rokkits in the army already.
Proud Member of the 40konline Metal Club!

Fidelis Ultra Mortem an' stuff

Offline Razyus

• I wish things got done
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Takes a long time to build a cathedral of hate
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 12:44:28 PM »
I am the friend. Warpy over there made me sign up. Cheers for the advice, I quite like the weapons in the mobs but have yet to really test the army ( I have played 1 game so far against Warp Spider and Massacred his but off). I am playing 40K in 40 minutes tomorrow what do you think of this list:

Mek Kopta Squadron

Tankbusta mob
8 Boyz

Wartruk
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates
Red Paint Job
Rokkit Launcha

Trukk Boyz
1 Boy with a Big Shoota
1 Nob in 'Eavy armour with a choppa, Iron gob and slugga

Wartruk
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates
Red Paint Job
Big Shoota

Wartrak   
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates
skorcha

total 397

OR

Mek Kopta Squadron

Trukk Boyz
1 Boy with a Rokkit Launcha
1 Nob in ‘Eavy armour with an Iron Gob, Power claw and Slugga

Wartruk
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates
Red Paint Job
Big Shoota

Warbuggie and Wartrak Squadron
Warbuggie   
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates

Wartrak   
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates

Wartrak   
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates
skorcha

What sort of evil good for nothing bastard stares out a window, or ducks, or materialises during a bloody good game of cricket

Offline Frgsinwntr

• Sisters burn
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 03:11:16 PM »
i personally don't like to put armor plates on the wartrax or buggies.  they are fine on the trukks but i like to keep my buggies/trax cheap!
Chain swords are awesome.  The only way would be cooler is if they had tits and were on fire.

Offline Maggot Corpse

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 09:14:07 PM »
Well that first list looks pretty good.  I would sugest to obtain a different tank as the russ is alot of points.  I personaly go for the hellound as its cheap and can take down enamys very quickly.  I would like to know what your tactics are with this list.  The Big Mek may be a little more effective with a retinue.  I would sugest an ard boyz squad.  Drop the death kopta all together as it isnt going to do much all on its own.  It may be better to replace it with fighta bomerz raid.  The armour plates are really a toss up.  They can add up and make a dent in your points.  Yet i have had them save my ass a number of times.  Yet then again often they do nothing at all.  Considering the Trukk Boyz are the core front of your army i would sugest taking 10 man or 9 and a nob squads.  It just makes life better not only with the extra people but also for whaaaagh purposes.

As for your 40k in 40 min lists, the first one seems as if it could take down your opponents well.  Yet i would take ard boyz rather then tankbusta's.  That or a trukk squad.  You wont have to deal with anything with high armour in 40k in 40 min.  Also i again would ditch the kopta and take something a little more reliable.  The sae goes for the sewcond list.  Lastly you have to bump that trukk squads up to 10 men.

I think i could give a little more help if i knew who your common opponents will be and what tactics you plan to use.
     Volume 3: The Subliminal Versus

Offline Warboss Waaazag

• Da Kan't Stoppable.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 10:52:34 PM »
As far as 40k in 40m is concerned, I agree with the 'Corpse. Loose the mek in kopta, he's going to be yer first
casualty when you play. Never field something so useful, in so small a point army, in groups of one. You
immediately single him out as the "kill-me-first!" model. In small games you want to maximize your numbers.
The warbuggies and 'trax are a waste. They are more "kill-me-second" and "kill-me-third" models. You want
boyz in trukks or elites like skarboyz or ard boyz in trukks, or more trukk boyz. You need at least one burna in
yer army. Take advantage of other players' desire to outgun you with infantry and burn 'em alive. Or if they
take tanks, you can tear them open.

Offline Maggot Corpse

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 11:31:56 PM »
Waaazag has a very good point with the burna's.  Yet i would disagree and stick with atleast one wartrakk to deal with rhinos, raiders and the likes. 

Offline Warboss Waaazag

• Da Kan't Stoppable.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 02:55:20 AM »
Yet i would disagree and stick with at least one wartrakk to deal with rhinos, raiders and the likes. 
I hadn't thought of that. Hmm, maybe you should stick with at least one wartrak/buggy. And red paint is
plenty upgrading. Believe me I know the temptation to pile on upgrades for vehicles, but my rule of thumb
is "1000 points or less: up to one upgrade", "1250 to 1850 up to two upgrades", "2000 to 2500 up to three",
and "2600 or more at least 1, but no more than all upgrades".
Remember that the extra inch allows you to add it to all the maximum  move distances
on the vehicles and shooting chart in the rulebook. As a fast vehicle you could move 13" and still fire yer
gun. On a 4'x4' table every inch counts.

Offline Razyus

• I wish things got done
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Takes a long time to build a cathedral of hate
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 01:00:40 PM »
I know the 40 minute lists are terrible, but I was in a rush my common opponents are:
Tau
'Nids
Necrons (loads)
Guard
Marines
Eldar
What sort of evil good for nothing bastard stares out a window, or ducks, or materialises during a bloody good game of cricket

Offline Warboss Waaazag

• Da Kan't Stoppable.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 04:03:14 PM »
They're not terrible.

Hmm, variety, that sucks. Uh, I mean, great! An efficiency dilema! You have 4 opponents with good saves (Marines,
Aspect Eldar, Necrons, and Tau). You need weapons that defeat these. You've got choices ta make.
Power klaws help, burnas help (in close combat), in a Kos you have few options that give you armor save negation.
You could go the "more-dice/more-potential-wounds/more-likely-they-fail-armor-saves route with lots of big shootas.
But you also have 'nid and IG foes. Skorchas for infantry. Burnas for infantry. Big shootas for infantry. Lobbas and kannons
on guntrukks for infantry. Rokkits, twin-rokkits on vehicles, burnas, zzap gunz, tankbusta bomz, kustom mega-blastas for
tanks and transports.

Offline SlipUp

• He's so mean he hates himself.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 04:23:45 PM »
Just get a load of burnas. They solve everything. Mass infantry? Prolly won't even get an armour save against those templates. Great armour saves? Count as power weapons in CC. Lots of tanks? 2d6 armour penetration. Can't go wrong with burnas.
"Pete may think that he won because he outmaneuvered me and pretty much controlled the game, but I just blame my skarboyz for being useless." - Alex Boyd, WD 285

With out the basilisk I would of lost, and for slipup's tips.

But mostly the basilisk.

Offline Warboss Waaazag

• Da Kan't Stoppable.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 12:11:16 AM »
Listen to Slipup. The burna is your friend.

Offline -Faeruithir-

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2005, 09:57:34 AM »
( I have played 1 game so far against Warp Spider and Massacred his but off).

Excuse me for being a noob and can i ask, how can u kill him w/ eldar? he's getting annoying by gloating!

Offline Warboss Waaazag

• Da Kan't Stoppable.
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2005, 12:50:19 AM »
You would have better luck asking that question on the Eldar forum. Your Panzee pals  ;D  would help yoo better'n us.

Offline SlipUp

• He's so mean he hates himself.
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2005, 02:24:37 AM »
Shining spears. Grab a unit full and charge the closest mob asap.  ;)
"Pete may think that he won because he outmaneuvered me and pretty much controlled the game, but I just blame my skarboyz for being useless." - Alex Boyd, WD 285

With out the basilisk I would of lost, and for slipup's tips.

But mostly the basilisk.

Offline Frgsinwntr

• Sisters burn
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2005, 09:57:12 AM »
transports are your top priority vs that speed freaks army.  An eldar HQ is one of the few that can absolutley eat an ork HQ in HtH if its tooled out with the right psychic stuff.  (seer councils are nasty!)

sorry i can't help ya out more i don't know much about the eldar army, i just know the seer councils hurt!
Chain swords are awesome.  The only way would be cooler is if they had tits and were on fire.

Offline Warboss Waaazag

• Da Kan't Stoppable.
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2005, 07:12:51 PM »
Da boss (dat's me) don't fear da panzeez, I jus' stomp 'em. I guess an eldar player might try to avoid a stompin'.
How, you ask? Stand and move out of range and FIRE. Take advantage of you superior firepower and don't be
afraid to overkill. Any ork boss worth his teef will appreciate the fireworks, the challenge and the fight.

Offline Maggot Corpse

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2005, 11:09:03 PM »
Yet if the eldar player decides to stand and shoot then all you gotta do is sit in your trukks and chase him.  You'll be able to catch up hope out and assult.  Or you could pistol snipe him from the trukks.  But thats not as messy (gotaa love choppas).

Offline -Faeruithir-

« Reply #18 on: February 2, 2005, 12:59:25 PM »
i suppose i could attempt to run... or then again i could go and hide in a corner from the nasty greenskins and shoot my heart out.