News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Combat Patrol  (Read 462 times)

Offline Badb Catha

• My way isn't very sportsmanlike...
Combat Patrol
« on: March 25, 2008, 09:21:34 PM »
I'm trying to find a 500 pt Combat Patrol list that I like.  Yesterday I played a game vs my Eldar buddy with:

30 Shoota Boyz, 3 Rokkits, Nob-PK-Bosspole (NPB)
5 Lootas
5 Lootas
4 Warbikers

Vs

10-12 Rangers in Two Squads
5-6 Scorpions
2 Warwalkers, Scatterlasers

He was able to kill the lootas pretty easily, and I put the bikes just too far out and then got some bad rolls and they went down.  I was left with just the footsloggers and the game was pretty much over.

I was thinking that if I just take two of the 30 boys squads it'd be much more durable, but I don't think it'd be that fun to play.  I thought about taking a more KOS approach:

12 Slugga Boys, NPB, Trukk with Rokkit, Red Paint Job
12 Slugga Boyz, NPB, Trukk with Red Paint Job
6 Warbikers, NPB

With the bikes as my only real anti-tank.  Dunno, I was wondering what other people have fielded.

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
Re: Combat Patrol
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 12:45:53 AM »
Well, you will need some very good antitank against his list.  Power Klaws are good - a Biker Nob could have one if you need the speed.  Trukks with some Boyz could be useful if it gets a Nob with PK into hand-to-hand with a tank or walker.

The Ork Advantage is that you can add almost anything to a 400 point army within the limits of Combat Patrol.  You can have some troops, some elites, AND something fast all in the same army.

The other good news is that your opponent won't likely have any REALLY good vehicles/walkers at this level.  But if he has anything and you can't handle it, it will be game over for the Orks!

Rokkitz are nice - any weapon with STR 7 and up will help you.  But make sure to have several of these - at least 3-5.  If you have 1, you'll probably just miss, but even 1 is better than none.

Your Boyz can mop up whatever is left!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:48:18 AM by Solorg »
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Mr.Vincent

Re: Combat Patrol
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 04:45:39 AM »
I always use Wartrakks,twin linked weapons are a real plus for BS2 Orks.
Need bacon