1 (3.3%)
Evil Suns
5 (16.7%)
Deathskulls
7 (23.3%)
Blood Axes
5 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Favourite Ork Clans  (Read 2702 times)

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
Favourite Ork Clans
« on: August 1, 2002, 07:25:33 PM »
And do you have an army of your favourite clan and what's in it?

Offline Kal

Re:Favourite Ork Clans
« Reply #1 on: August 2, 2002, 04:18:58 AM »
Goffs all the way, I have the beginnings of my clan and the base is 2 20 strong mobs of slugga boyz (including Nob and 3 heavy weapons), a small tank busta mob and my warlord with his five Nobs (gonna expand this)...

Kal

Offline wellard

• Master Gunner
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: August 2, 2002, 04:24:05 AM »
don't have an ork army(yet!!)

favorite "clans"

are
1st freebooter pieratz
2nd rebel grotz
3rd goffic rockerz and DA Madboyz!!!

ok i know they aren't real clans but i think they should come under that tittle.

wellard
They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning.

We will remember them

Offline Warlord Fragskull

• A'nuva wound, a'nuva battle
« Reply #3 on: August 2, 2002, 08:18:37 AM »
Bad Moons. What's not to love about their extra Heavy Support when taking Nazdreg. They are cunning and sneaky too, you can have 1 Elites or troops choice deepstrike or infiltrate with Nazdreg in the army.
Of course no clans get their special rules without the clan leader, who is a special character.
Everybody has a little green in them.

"Wez nev'a gonna stopz. Wez jus' keeps onz goin'z."
-Warlord Fragskull to Grishsnik right before wiping out an entire Imperial armored company during the Seige of Helsreach (Third War of Armageddon).

Offline Kal

« Reply #4 on: August 6, 2002, 12:45:32 PM »
Bad thing about Bad Moons with the special rules is that you can only take 1 slugga boyz mob and these guys should form the heart and soul of any Ork army (IMO), though the deep striking elite is nice.....

Offline Kal

« Reply #5 on: August 6, 2002, 12:47:23 PM »
Also, (IMO), orks have strength is numbers and if you go giving all this fancy equipment to everybody, the actual numbers in the army falls which I do recoken is a good thing...

Kal

Offline Warlord Fragskull

• A'nuva wound, a'nuva battle
« Reply #6 on: August 6, 2002, 08:52:52 PM »
It's funnyif you deep strike a full 20 ork mob of either skarboyz or flash gitz into a enemy emplacement.
The skarboyz start a huge assault rumble. And flash gitz, upgraded to more dakka, will rip through any force because of the sheer volume of fire. Who cares about accuracy, just as long as you can fire a whole lot!
Goffs can be good but they can't get normally good ork things, such as the war trukks (which can bring your boyz to the enemy so much faster, extremely useful for a Goff army). tHe Goffs can get much for shooting units, so they can lack as tank hunters. But you can say the same to Bad Moons about assault units.
Everybody has a little green in them.

"Wez nev'a gonna stopz. Wez jus' keeps onz goin'z."
-Warlord Fragskull to Grishsnik right before wiping out an entire Imperial armored company during the Seige of Helsreach (Third War of Armageddon).

Offline Kraf

• A Beautiful Sickness
« Reply #7 on: September 2, 2002, 08:48:02 PM »
Snakebites. Feral orks  rock harder than most orks, and orks rock. so they rock HARD! i had a very hard time picking between orks and IG fer my next army. rest assured though, orks r next on my list...
)@)
IF THEY BLEED, WE CAN KILL THEM

Hellbard Kraf, former Chosen of Nurgle, and escaped slave of the Imperium.

Offline Imperial Sardaukar

« Reply #8 on: September 5, 2002, 03:01:54 AM »
Freebooters.....pla in and simple....
Clan affiliations? Not for me....i see the Orks pillaging, maiming and destroying with no real other thoughts but having a damn good time doing it. They simply follow the biggest Ork into battle, whomever has earned that right, regardless of what clan they are in. They just wanna fight, and Freebooters are the best for that.

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #9 on: September 5, 2002, 09:31:33 AM »
Slugga Boyz aren't the main Troops in a BAD MOON army it's Shoota Boyz, followed by the little tooled up mobs

Offline Kal

« Reply #10 on: September 8, 2002, 06:35:57 AM »
You see, that for me just doesnt work - Slugga boyz all the way!!!  ;D

Kal

Offline ddtedie

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2002, 11:40:49 PM »
My Ork Warband is Goff all the way. Heck, old Ghazghul is an old Goff trooper,and you can't get any better than that. Just my opinion though.

Warboss Ruzgob

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2002, 07:36:27 PM »
FERAL!!!!!!!! I belive feral are the best. I mean how many orks do you kbow that have BS 3 and psykers. I mean the boar boyz rock and so to the trappas. But what for they excell in(CC), they lack in firepower. You can only take lobbas as big guns and no bikes!!!! However they have the all mighty, powerfull squigoth so they make up for it.

I love 'em but if I didn't play 'em I would most definatly play da speed freaks but lots 'o people play 'em so me not sure if thats da way I'd go.  ;D

Offline sply

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: October 2, 2002, 02:44:17 PM »
SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEED FOREVER!

WE IS DA WAY,

WE GO FASTA DAN DA GOFFS

WE KIK 'UMIE ASS SO WOCH WOUT BLUDSKULX

WE IS DA WAY

WE IS DA SPEEEEEEEEEED FREEKS