News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The best DE unit or troop  (Read 3135 times)

Offline Dracite_familiar

• The Kabal is here, the Kabal is everywhere
Re: The best DE unit or troop
« Reply #20 on: June 1, 2005, 01:03:09 AM »
Personally I like the wyches.

A-combat drugs

B-wych weapons

C-doge, +4 invulnerable save

They have almost evreything.  You get them into close combat with a raider and your all set. 
D is for lots of things

Offline Aesir Yggdrasil

• The Twisted Haemonculus
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Serious as a hemophiliac in a razor blade factory.
« Reply #21 on: June 1, 2005, 01:39:58 AM »
I love the Talos. So much fun to build, paint and feild. To bad it's not as effective as it could be.
The real hero of the list is the Raider/Warrior Squad. Nothing better in any codex for that point value.
People ask how come I play such a twisted army. I reply that I have the heart of a young boy; in a jar right next to his brain.

Now with Extra Lung!

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's your emperor now?
    • Vengeance of the Fallen [Dutch]
« Reply #22 on: June 1, 2005, 06:17:31 AM »
I agree the talos should be a CC monster. . .Well he fulfills this role quit well BUT if you compare it to our cousins 'big bad ass CC monster' the WL you will see that WITHOUT its weapons its only 75 pts has 3S more 1T and 2 standard flamers. (better then our wildfire IMO) The talos should have some tweaking ATM. Probably giving him a decent gun and the ability to shoot @ what you want.

Offline rkyb01

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: June 1, 2005, 11:07:36 PM »
I love the talos, but I think a Haemy wepon makes more sense on a talos than the stupid wildfire... an acid spraying flame weapon makes so much more sense than a D6 shot splinter canon.

Best unit is the raider squad. Can shoot, assault, high leadership, fast, and amazingly cheap with a great tank hunting weapon.

Offline Aesir Yggdrasil

• The Twisted Haemonculus
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Serious as a hemophiliac in a razor blade factory.
« Reply #24 on: June 2, 2005, 01:20:48 AM »
You people don't like wildfire!? But it's so much FUN! Roll 6 dice, then allocate the hits to the closest models, rolling to wound one at a time! Sure it's no sniper, and not really effective, but it's sure as hell fun!!
People ask how come I play such a twisted army. I reply that I have the heart of a young boy; in a jar right next to his brain.

Now with Extra Lung!

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's your emperor now?
    • Vengeance of the Fallen [Dutch]
« Reply #25 on: June 2, 2005, 03:54:50 AM »
Not really the talos is possessed as far as I know chaos also has possessed vehicles but those shoot normal!. So it does not make that much sense possessed is possessed no exceptions :p. I agree with rkyb01 a hamie weapon would make more sense then the splintercannon.

Offline JaedenKaal

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Archon, Kabal of the Black Contagion
« Reply #26 on: June 3, 2005, 01:28:28 AM »
I love the talos, but I think a Haemy wepon makes more sense on a talos than the stupid wildfire... an acid spraying flame weapon makes so much more sense than a D6 shot splinter canon.

The talos sting fires 6 times, not 1d6 times.
Scream, mon-keigh!  Scream for your emperor!  He cannot hear your cries, cannot save you from eternal torment at the hands of my haemonculi!  Which reminds me...  I need new bedsheets...

Offline rkyb01

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: June 3, 2005, 03:43:32 PM »
Correct, it gets D6 attacks in assault. Sorry for any confusion.

Despite the wierdness of the rules, I love talos. The randomness of them make them very frustrating, and frequently inefficient. But man do they scare people. And I love watching a player send his entire army's firepower against it, ignoring the raiders.

Offline trafytraf

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #28 on: June 3, 2005, 03:47:53 PM »
The Talos is not possessed.  It's driven by the pain of the tortured body of the prisoner that's encased in it's hull.