News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Plz rate this 1000pt army list still in work army list  (Read 1261 times)

Offline shmee shmee

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning
Plz rate this 1000pt army list still in work army list
« on: April 19, 2005, 02:33:48 PM »
HQ: Dracon /haemonculi
E: 8 wyches weapons  raider desintegrator
t:10warriors 2s. cannons  2 blasters
t:12 warriors 2s. cannons 2 shredders
t:10warriors 2 dark lances
FA: 5 hellions
HS: Talos
HS: Ravager desintegrator
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 02:11:38 PM by Grey Area »
it was harry...

Offline Scorn

• Supreme Archon of Commorragh | Nasty Sky Juice | Title (and/or) Whore |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar
Re: Plz rate this 100pt army list still in work army list
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 03:59:21 PM »
First the rules fo the forums prohibit us from posting the individual points cost of upgrades, instead you can simply state the total cost of the units.  A mod will probably be along soon to change this if you don't first.

Next the list comes in at 860 some odd points.  If you want this to be 1000 points you will have to add some stuff.

Onto the list itself.

HQ: Dracon /haemonculi
Your Dracon and Haemonculi both need weapons and wargear to be effective, right now they are completely useless. Standard equipment for a Dracon is agoniser, splinter pistol, combat drugs and shadowfield all told this will run you 106 points and be extremely effective.  The Haemonculi can stand to be dropped all together.

E: 8 wyches /weapons 16/ raider desintegrator
These look reasonable but you should really try to find the points for an agoniser armed Succubus, they are worth their weight in gold.

t:10warriors 2s. cannons  2 blasters
This looks alright, but it would be better off boosted to 13 men at the minimum.  Squads like these tend to take casualties.

t:12 warriors 2s. cannons 2 shredders
Shredders are generally considered useless for their points, exhange them for blasters and make the squad similar to the above one.

t:10warriors 2 dark lances
Just fine and dandy right here.  This is your traditional sniper squad, good for dropping tanks and the like.

FA: 5 hellions
I have yet to find a use for these guys.  Others swear by them.  Frankly up to you but in a small game not really worth it, you can find better uses for 90 points.

HS: Talos
Nothing wrong with a Talos.  You could have a reasonable assault element with Talos, Wyches and Lord working together, however they all move at different speeds presenting a problem.

HS: Ravager desintegrator
Generally the Ravager is best off with 3 Disintegrators or two if need be, one is seldom effective.  With the defensive weaponry rules you could fire 1 Dark Lance and 2 Disintegrators in sustained mode and keep moving. 

All summed together it looks like you're trying to do too much with this list, you have a little bit of everything but no focus at all. 

If you drop the Haemonculi, Hellions and Talos you could outfit your Lord, grab a Succubi for your Wyches re-arrange your Warrior Squads and grab a fourth squad with either dark lances or blasters and splinter cannons another Ravager.  You could then have a fire base with the sniper squads of Dark Lance armed Warriors and the Ravagers with a Flanking force of Wyches and the Lord.  The Splinter Cannons Warrior Squads would advance to medium range and fire away from there.  Everything will have a clearly defined role and you would be able to take on most armies with a chance of success.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 06:19:27 PM by Scorn »
Rejoice.  Despair. 
Fate does not care.
Each knotted mind entwined. 
Each soul another's bind.
And blind though we are led. 
In time we do know when, to cut a thread.
-Erfworld

Offline shmee shmee

Re: Plz rate this 100pt army list still in work army list
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 02:07:40 PM »
 What about reaver jet bikes
it was harry...

Offline shmee shmee

Re: Plz rate this 1000pt army list still in work army list
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 02:13:44 PM »
 I want a good assault army and I like talos a lotwhat is wrong with it
it was harry...

Offline Scorn

• Supreme Archon of Commorragh | Nasty Sky Juice | Title (and/or) Whore |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 12:51:14 AM »
What about reaver jet bikes

Reaver Jetbikes are good but need to have a role picked for them.  With 2 blasters in a 5-6 man squad they are effective tank hunters, in a small game they are not necessary.  Currently they are a little over-pointed due to everyone else getting a turbo boost ability, while we still pay for it.

I want a good assault army and I like talos a lotwhat is wrong with it
Nothing.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Talos by itself.  However, while the vast majority of the Dark Eldar army is extremely fast the Talos is slow, very slow.  If you want to use a Talos you have several options.  Take a Webway Portal and have him come out of it, not a great idea in 1000 points.  Use him as a deterrent from other people assaulting an otherwise shooty army.   Simply keep him together with everything else.  Maybe take several Warrior Squads with splinter cannons and blasters, a lord on foot, a large squad of Wyches on foot (as ArchonAlex currently suggests), and a Talos.   You would have to run them through cover a lot but it might work.  Frankly though, in small games if you want an assault army I don't find the Talos that effective, but I could be totally wrong.  Experiment with a couple lists if want to try and fit the Talos in.
Rejoice.  Despair. 
Fate does not care.
Each knotted mind entwined. 
Each soul another's bind.
And blind though we are led. 
In time we do know when, to cut a thread.
-Erfworld

Offline shmee shmee

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 02:05:39 AM »
 If I not to take a lord on foot how should I take in a raider or on a skyboard
it was harry...

Offline dawn of war

• Hellions forever
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 08:21:53 AM »
What would be the point in putting 2 models in a raider or do you mean jet bike definately use a jet bike if that is what you meant if you have a shadow field. But in a small scale game a skyboard is probably your best bet as long as you dart between parts of cover until you can back up another unit where the close combat does not look promicing.
Rule Britania three monkeys on a stick
one fell of and broke his..........

Offline Fenriz'XCI

• Fight the shooty things! Shoot the fighty things!
  • Armies: Para Sanguinus!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 03:31:22 PM »
skyboards are fun to have your archon on but the archon id say would be better of on a reaver.