News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 MASS  (Read 478 times)

Offline albhedpsycho

1500 MASS
« on: November 17, 2003, 07:45:23 PM »
Kabal of the Mindless Masses(or hoarde,throng, rabble, riffraff, ring, riot, scum, set, swarm,... something along those lines) 

OK This Army is in the Works

The idea is mostly numbers. Now some may say looking at this "Oh THE WREAK OF CHEESE," but i say no the wreak of DARK ELDAR!

HQ (12%)

Dracon w\ posioned,shadow,pistol Pts 66

Hamey x3 w\ 3 scissor hands, 2 stinger, 1 destructor pts 115

(I am disputing with my self if I should put a few on jet bikes)

Troops (68%)

10 man raider squad w\ syb, blaster
syb w\posioned blades, terror flex
NOW THAT squad 6X= 996 points

Heavy (14%)

Talos 100

Ravager 105

comes out to 1457 points

I didnt count the models yet. I still need some raiders and the ravager though.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 08:13:52 PM by albhedpsycho »

Offline Purple Area

• Ancient
Re: 1500 MASS
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 10:53:22 PM »
Um, drop 2 of the haemies, drop the Talos (it doesn't fit in an all-raider, ravager list, at all), grab another Ravager, make both ravagers have 3 dissies, and change the sybarites in the warrior squads to have a single agonizer, and your all set.  And grab the dracon an agonizer too, he needs an ignorning saves type weapon.

Uh, other than that, your list is still kind of weak, just because 6 warrior assault squads, while cool, really can crumble against a solid line, like marines and such, so you could have some problems with this list still.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 10:54:53 PM by Waffle in the Night »
http://rangerofalaitoc.proboards25.com/index.cgi

Highschool:  Too many characters and not enough plot.

If she can't take a joke, f*** her.
~ Tucker Max

When reason fails, go for volume
~ Calvin

Offline CrimsonShadow

• Cheerleader!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Lord Captain Cheerleader of DOOM!!!
Re: 1500 MASS
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 10:00:27 AM »
At 1500 points splurge, and take an Archon.  Put him/her on a jetbike or skyboard for mobility, and don't forget the combat drugs!  I suggest you read the post sticky'd at the top of this forum for beginning army lists.  You can find a link in Kei'Ariq's signature if "at the top" is not self explanatory.    ;D  Just to start, add 3 dissies to your ravager, and those raider squads should look something like this:

9-10 warriors (9 works out better pointswise for Ld test)
splinter cannon
blaster
sybarite
agoniser/sp (sybarite already has the pistol so don't spend the extra point)
raider

That should be your basic squad.  If you want to add fexes, add them to the raiders, as horrorfexes only cost you 5 points, and you don't lose the darklance.  You just have to pick which one you want to shoot.  It gives your raiders something else to do, and gives you an extra weapon to lose if need be. 

That should help you start.  Good luck!

That is all.

CrimsonShadow

"Some people will tell you that slow is good...and it may be, on some days...but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...."
~ Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

We are not human beings.  We are human doings.