News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Shadowseer w/venom Q+ army list review  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Dead_Jester

• What's strategy?
Shadowseer w/venom Q+ army list review
« on: January 18, 2002, 10:13:42 AM »
can shadowseer use his misdirection ability while on a venom so it is harder to shoot at? just a wonderin

Also part 2, list modifications for 1k army?

134 pt for
Shadowseer: Dread Mask-30  Riveblades-15  
           Plasma pistol-15  
                       tangle foot grenades-4

170 pts for
solitaire:  Neural Disruptor-20   Dread Mask-30
      Phase field- 15      Riveblades-15

360 pts for
5 death jesters: 5 with Phase fields, 5 with brightlances

65 pts for
venom with shield

136 pts for
5 Harlequins:   1 with power weapon, 1 with kiss

146 pts
5 Harlequins: 1 with power weapon, 1 with kiss
           2 with plasma pistols

gonna use against white scars, person im playing doesnt have attack bikes though.  Thinking about making this my perm. marine list
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1011506400 »
"Mom, where do harlequins go when they die?"

Offline Arebennian

• Arebennian
Re: Shadowseer w/venom Q+ army list review
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2002, 07:45:10 PM »
Drop the sheild on the venom, if it gets hit it goes down. There is no point trying to change the inevitable. If they get a free shot at it, then you have put it in the wrong place. Get rid of it and you can afford an extra trouper

Against white scars, who will use alot of bikers, you will be about even in number, but be wounding on a 6. Power weapons are really wased here so use a Kiss. I think I did the math correctly and a kiss and a power weapon come out the same when attacking a normal marine. so when your faceing bikes, it's kisses, when your facing termi's power weapons

If your fighting marines, dread masks are usually a waste, caue you can't run them down. If you decide to take them anyway, assult, and if you are sure they will run,
([like it's a small squad, like bikers have] with a leadership of 8 on the bikers you automatically make it 7 with "Mask of fear" then if they take enough casulties it's down to 6, then if you outnumber him it's down to 5.)
you beat them in close but don't use you tangle foot granades, this is because in the movement phase you have phase fielded a Djester in behind them and you will get cross fire.

While the SSeer might be wysiwyg (I assume that from the weapons you gave him) he just doesn't have enough attacks to ensure a 6 being rolled. give him a HK, PB and another close in weapon and you can chose between power or wounding on 2

stick a Djester in the venom. Make the Sseer part of the troupe, making a total of 6 harlequins, and then the independent character is free for the djester. It makes the crossfire method I talked about easier to acheive.

Hope this helps
"Now thats grade A, top quality meat"

the_mighty_brain

Re: Shadowseer w/venom Q+ army list review
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2002, 10:41:29 AM »
personally I disagree. The venom makes a great solitaire delivery system and giving it a holofield will expand it's survivability considerabley.

Putting normal harlequins on it turns it into an insane deathtrap for anyone with less than 2 wounds.

Offline dark_wind

• It's all fun and games until someone loses an arm
Re:Shadowseer w/venom Q+ army list review
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2002, 02:03:29 PM »
yup..i agree with brain on this one...also i think maybe your troupe squads should be larger or have a leader...just a thought
"And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and...'skip a bit Brother...'"

-Monty Python and the Holy Grail

PROJECT 86 RULES!!!!!
                      http://project86.com/

the_mighty_brain

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2002, 07:20:03 PM »
wel leaders are nice if you have the points to spare. For leaders I recommend bio ammo and another power weapon or harlies kiss.

DeadSeraphim

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2002, 02:22:02 PM »
Um, since we're on the subject of using psychic powers from it (since you cn shoot from it), the question also arises about placing a Seer Council on one, since they can carry up to 7 models...