News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Wracks or Striking scorpions?  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Gammal

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Wracks or Striking scorpions?
« on: September 26, 2013, 05:56:18 AM »
Hello guys! I have a bit of a problem here, and I was looking for some usefull insight!

So I'm currently playing an Iyanden themed Eldar army, "HEY WHY ARE POSTING THE THE Dark ELDAR FORUMS!" Calm down :)
The thing is, I'm currently playing around with using DE as allies for my Eldar list, it seems fluffy and fun since Iyanden have a low number of warriors, and through harlequin's they have found allies in a warband of Dark Eldar, thats it for fluff!

Here comes the thing I'm contemplating:

Option one!
Take DE as allies, put two 9man squads of wracks in raiders with a homunculus in each, throw up a Webwayportal and teleport in my slow footslogging Eldar units.
Two nice CC units with FnP and Furious Charge!
This gives me some cool speed to an otherwise slow army, also brings another 20 models to the fray, which is a lot for an Iyanden army!
Yes the FAQ says allies cant use webway, but that only applies if DE is the main attachment, and I also have talked to my gaming group about this, so no need for a discussion.

Option two.

Striking scorpions!
This also gives me a dedicated CC unit, much like the wracks, I trade high toughness, low save, and FNP for low toughness with a higher save
These guys will inflitrate and give me some "speed" in the army, they will also free up a few points seeing a I didn´t have to take more HQ´s, but the overall number of models will drop, especially if I take an exarch with the claw.
One more downside of this is that it also leaves many of my slower units stranded and footslogging, and they might not be able to even get in to position before the scorpions are wiped out.
Its worth noting that I do not have anything that wants to be in CC except my wraithlords, but without the portal I didn´t really expect them to get there.

What do you think?
What would you do?
See any major things that might convince me taking one unit over the other?

Also, taking both is not really an option, I just cant make it work with the points :)

Thanks for your help guys!

[mod]I've remove the excessive stats to comply with the forum rules and GW legal's requirements - Iris.[/mod]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:57:42 AM by Irisado »

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Wracks or Striking scorpions?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 12:03:49 PM »
Having looked at the list you propose in the Eldar boards, the problem with fielding Wracks in Raiders is that they're a very soft, and high priority target.  In view of nearly all your other units being slow moving, they're likely to be singled out and blown from the sky very quickly, so I don't think that they're an especially good fit for the type of army you're looking to integrate them into as allies.

On that basis, I would say that the decision is somewhat made for you, unless of course you prefer the Wracks for personal reasons.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente