News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dark Eldar/Eldar combos  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
  • Armies: Marines, Flesh Tearers, Dark Eldar, Guard, Tau
Dark Eldar/Eldar combos
« on: June 19, 2013, 09:07:55 AM »
I've noticed a few interesting combinations between Dark Eldar and Eldar allies.  This is just my two cents on what I see myself taking but I would love to hear other ideas/combinations.

1. Duke warlord with a squad of twenty warriors with two splinter cannons behind an aegis.  Throw in a farseer (the duke only starts with the unit, he jumps in with wyches or grotesques on turn 1) to make them twin linked.  A jetbike squad of three kept in reserve to grab last minute objectives.

2. Spiritseer with a wraithblade squad in a wave serpent.  The wave serpent can throw out a huge chunk of firepower.  You keep the wave serpent moving forward behind a few small squads of wyches on venoms and my deathstar unit: 4 grots with huskblade/soultrap archon.  Something should make it into assault and start cleaving through the enemy lines.  The wyches should be able to tarpit a unit long enough for the wraithblades to make into combat and finish them off.

3. A jetbike farseer joined to a unit of 6 jetbikes with two splinter cannons.  They move forward with my assault elements taking out weaker units, throwing prescience and other divination powers here and there, or using runes of fate to to weaken enemy units before they are assaulted.

I'm also toying with a Vaul's support battery with 3 vibro cannons.  They provide similar firepower to a ravager, are more survivable due to their high toughness, and can receive boosts from a spiritseer or farseer.
Smurf Hero Extrodinaire

Offline Galef

Re: Dark Eldar/Eldar combos
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 08:11:03 PM »
Baron + Shining Spears = a fast CC unit with Grenades, a 3+ jink and Hit & Run.

Spirit Seer + Haemonculus + 20 Kabalite Warriors w/ 2 Splinter cannons behind a Aegis = 2+ cover save FNP troops

There are tons more, but I'll just add these for now.
Glenn's GW model Blog: Glenn's GW Models

Current Armies:
Aeldari: Glenn's GW Minis: Eldar and Dark Eldar

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
  • Armies: Marines, Flesh Tearers, Dark Eldar, Guard, Tau
Re: Dark Eldar/Eldar combos
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 05:36:50 PM »
I tried out combo number 1 today in a pair of games.  I got the 4+ invulnerable save, guide, and prescience in the first game and prescience, fortune, and ignore cover in the second.  The ability to re-roll all hits and re-roll all saves made for an incredible unit.  They kept everything out of a 24" bubble and effectively controlled an entire quarter of the board sitting in ruins.

A friend of mine brought up an interesting combination.  4 grotesques joined with Karandas joined to a unit of 4 grotesques (or larger) with a liquifier gun.  They can outflank or infiltrate and flame or assault (if you go second). Fearless, FNP, stealth, and a high toughness. A difficult unit to shoot off the table and a will threaten most any unit in an assault.
Smurf Hero Extrodinaire