News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Sisters of Battle  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Praetor

Sisters of Battle
« on: April 2, 2002, 03:00:11 PM »
I'm looking for a new army to play. I have already a Tau army looking for a new  army that is different then the Tau. I was looking at the SOB for something new and different.  
What do all of you think about the sisters of battle ?

???

Death_on_demand

Re:Sisters of Battle
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2002, 03:48:03 PM »
do you have Eldar yet? maybe tyranids, anything but Imperium.

Offline Don't Yell at mE!

« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2002, 03:51:48 PM »
the SOB's are a fun army to play...if you know how to play them...

they may have power armor, but their style of play is very different than space marines, and you'll find yourself gunning down your opponent all the time, just as if you were to play Tau.

your best bet for a new army that's different from Tau is the Orks, but, you might not have the patience to build a good ork army.  Eldar would be nice, too.  

Offline Prince of the laughing god

« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2002, 04:00:43 PM »
The sisters are a pretty difficult army to play. They have little in the way of armour, or anti armour. Their HTH effectiveness is dependant upon their characters, faith points, and the abbility to take a significant chunk out of the enemy before they get into hth, because of their low point cost and good survivability they can lay down a lot of fire with bolters, heavy bolter, and flamers.
They are an expensive army to purchase because of a complete lack of plastics.

The sisters are a fairly flexable army that doesn't have a lot of variety.

If you want an army that is the complete oppisite of tau then the tyranids are the army of choice, because of the nids reliance on hth combat rather than the tau who utilize shooting.

If you would like an army with more options but retaining tactical flexability then Eldar, Codex marines, Chaos Marines, or even necrons would be a better choice then the sisters, especially if you haven't been playing for long time.

I chose Chaos for my 2nd army. The variety of units and the background was what attracted me. No one has more units availible to them then a chaos general.
This confusion is my illusion

Offline Rommel151

• It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney
« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2002, 05:19:25 PM »
They can be a good deal of fun, if you put them together right.

If you are serious about them check the Trading board for my listing.