News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: *rant* my life bloody sucks!  (Read 4242 times)

Offline JagCalle

• Sometimes I rule.
*rant* my life bloody sucks!
« on: May 2, 2004, 06:04:49 AM »
At the moment, I REALLY, REALLY hate my life. yes people, my life is crap right now. So, this is kinda an explanatory post, and a appology in advance to all those of you I might flame or generally piss off before I get through this crisis.

The employment front: Unemployed. Since I finished my military services about 4 weeks ago, I've sent about 30-40 job applications. still no word. my greatest hope is the job as a security guard, they said they'd call me, but thats what they all say right?

Apartment: yes, Im getting an apartment the 1st of june. problem is, I have no jobb, so HOW THE  *excplicit deleted content* am I going to pay the rent?

Friends: well, this is kinda ok, but, one of my friends broke the Code a couple of months back, and some of my other friends have been forced to stop me from beating the s*** outta said person three times now. (no, I don't like comments such as "I won", when talking about a girl im frikkin interested in)

Girls: I don't frikkin understand girls. currently there's one prospect, and a former prospect. maybe this should go into the guys and girls thread, but wtf. prospect 1. a girl that I've ranted about in the G'nG topic. I met her yesterday and talked to her, we cleared the air a bit, and I ssaid the strangest words," I don't care about love, I don't want to lose you as a friend", cause she's a wonderfull girl. Prospect 2, is one of my mates former girlfriend, who's started to call me. (yes, I've also gotten his approval). she called me 02,00 at night the night between friday and saturday. She wanted me to come meet her, that I did, we met a buddy of mine and we walked her to her car. problem is, she wen't on a date with some other guy yesterday? like, can she make her d**n mind up?

Any other questions about my pathetic life you want me to answer? come on, I dare you =I

Cya
-me
All you need in life is a beer, a fight and a girl.
(not necesarily in any given order)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: *rant* my life bloody sucks!
« Reply #1 on: May 2, 2004, 06:14:03 AM »
1. Life sucks - Get a helmet (Leary)

2. Grow up. Life ain't peaches. Deal with it.

3. You have a grand life. You have your health, money enough to eat, and noone is out to kill you. Moan when your life is bad. This is trivial.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline JagCalle

• Sometimes I rule.
« Reply #2 on: May 2, 2004, 06:42:07 AM »
You have your health, money enough to eat, and noone is out to kill you

Health: 2 broken bones in my left foot, that will never heal (according to the doctor that is). wich means I have an eternal limp. I also have 2 broken ribs since my last encounter with neu-nazis. oh, yes, im still recovering from lumonia that I caught during my military services.

Money enugh to eat: If I don't get a job within 3 weeks: no.

noone out to kill me: let's see, I've been death marked by the neu nazis in my hometown. so believe me, lots of people are out to get me.

*moans*

Cya
-me
« Last Edit: May 2, 2004, 04:11:40 PM by JagCalle »

Offline Draza

• Ancient
« Reply #3 on: May 2, 2004, 06:49:17 AM »
Check out the girls'n'guys thread.
Also check out the suicide thread. Don't want you doing anything stupid do we.

Don't worry, you'll get a job one day. If not, you might have to rejoin the army

Offline JagCalle

• Sometimes I rule.
« Reply #4 on: May 2, 2004, 06:57:42 AM »
Girls n' guys --> Check, wrote there before I came here.
Suicide --> heh, If I shot myself, my mates would bloody kill me  ;D

I would rejoin the military if I could, but due to my *feep*ing messed up foot, I can't.

cya
-me

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #5 on: May 2, 2004, 08:39:24 AM »
Health: 2 broken bones in my left foot, that will never heal (according to the doctor that is). wich means I have an eternal limp. I also have 2 broken ribs since my last encounter with neu-nazis. oh, yes, im still recovering from lumonia that I caught during my military services.

Money enugh to eat: If I don't get a job within 3 weeks: no.

noone out to kill me: let's see, I've been death marked by the neu nazis in my hometown. I've been threatened by 2 local gangs. ("immigrants" and roomani). so believe me, lots of people are out to get me.
    1. I have broken near 40 bones. A limp? You walk still. I know many who will never walk again.
    2. Social services.
    3. Hot air. Don't let it bother you and it won't.

Offline JagCalle

• Sometimes I rule.
« Reply #6 on: May 2, 2004, 08:46:09 AM »
alas, im to proud to go to the social services. besides, i'd get nada. because my parents both have jobs. though, refuse to have anything to do with my parents.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2004, 04:12:18 PM by JagCalle »

Offline XfinianX

• Down with Bad Music!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • My Heart Bleeds No Longer
« Reply #7 on: May 2, 2004, 09:41:04 PM »
Rasmus is right... grow up

you're acting so glass half empty - and NO girl will want you if you're depressed, and very few jobs like to HIRE an unhappy person (they prefer to do the demoralising themselves)

as for the job front, keep trying. it won't matter if you have to try for 1 or 100 more applications as long as it eventually gets you a job. It doesn't matter if it IS a security guard - at least that will put food in your mouth and pay your rent. From there (if you keep on track and don't get to "bogged down" - eg: relax and stop trying) you can try for other, better jobs until you get a job you actually like
subtle as a sledge hammer

Offline Colonel Tangerine

• Proliferate Capitalism
    • The Weekly
« Reply #8 on: May 2, 2004, 10:00:59 PM »
We all think our lives are sh*t. Grow up and deal with it. Do you want to compare lives? A lot of us have been through a amphetamine parrotload more then you have, and we keep going.

You'll get a job, and you'll get a girlfriend. All the girls I've ever felt anything for are dead or I can't see, but you have to keep faith. There's someone out there for you.

You live in a paradise many people would kill for. If you're too stubborn to make use of it, that's you fault.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

I miss EO.

Offline Commissar Fidel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: May 4, 2004, 02:47:32 AM »
We all think our lives are sh*t. Grow up and deal with it. Do you want to compare lives? A lot of us have been through a s***load more then you have, and we keep going.

You'll get a job, and you'll get a girlfriend. All the girls I've ever felt anything for are dead or I can't see, but you have to keep faith. There's someone out there for you.

You live in a paradise many people would kill for. If you're too stubborn to make use of it, that's you fault.

Rasmus is right... grow up

you're acting so glass half empty - and NO girl will want you if you're depressed, and very few jobs like to HIRE an unhappy person (they prefer to do the demoralising themselves)

as for the job front, keep trying. it won't matter if you have to try for 1 or 100 more applications as long as it eventually gets you a job. It doesn't matter if it IS a security guard - at least that will put food in your mouth and pay your rent. From there (if you keep on track and don't get to "bogged down" - eg: relax and stop trying) you can try for other, better jobs until you get a job you actually like

1. Life sucks - Get a helmet (Leary)

2. Grow up. Life ain't peaches. Deal with it.

3. You have a grand life. You have your health, money enough to eat, and noone is out to kill you. Moan when your life is bad. This is trivial.

this poor guy's life apparently sucks (there's a hint in the title) so why do you all insist on riding him when he posts to vent his frustration? if your life's sucked that bad and you posted about it on a site you had frequented for a while, and whose opinions you valued would you like them to tell you how it all isn't that bad read the post, it's bad

At the moment, I REALLY, REALLY hate my life. yes people, my life is crap right now. So, this is kinda an explanatory post, and a appology in advance to all those of you I might flame or generally piss off before I get through this crisis.

The employment front: Unemployed. Since I finished my military services about 4 weeks ago, I've sent about 30-40 job applications. still no word. my greatest hope is the job as a security guard, they said they'd call me, but thats what they all say right?

Apartment: yes, Im getting an apartment the 1st of june. problem is, I have no jobb, so HOW THE  *excplicit deleted content* am I going to pay the rent?

Friends: well, this is kinda ok, but, one of my friends broke the Code a couple of months back, and some of my other friends have been forced to stop me from beating the s*** outta said person three times now. (no, I don't like comments such as "I won", when talking about a girl im frikkin interested in)

Girls: I don't frikkin understand girls. currently there's one prospect, and a former prospect. maybe this should go into the guys and girls thread, but wtf. prospect 1. a girl that I've ranted about in the G'nG topic. I met her yesterday and talked to her, we cleared the air a bit, and I ssaid the strangest words," I don't care about love, I don't want to lose you as a friend", cause she's a wonderfull girl. Prospect 2, is one of my mates former girlfriend, who's started to call me. (yes, I've also gotten his approval). she called me 02,00 at night the night between friday and saturday. She wanted me to come meet her, that I did, we met a buddy of mine and we walked her to her car. problem is, she wen't on a date with some other guy yesterday? like, can she make her d**n mind up?

Any other questions about my pathetic life you want me to answer? come on, I dare you =I

/left]

your right your life sucks  but do give social services  try i used to work there and they can do a lot.

no offense intended to anyone

Fidel

Offline XfinianX

• Down with Bad Music!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • My Heart Bleeds No Longer
« Reply #10 on: May 4, 2004, 06:11:41 AM »
oh please  ::)

we all have it bad from time to time - but you learn to deal with it like and ADULT. Why should i spend the time sugar coating a response for someone i don't know, let alone care about.

The fact is, while his situation may not be enviable, theres a hell of a lot he could be doing to change it - not wasting his time whining to strangers about it on internet forums for attention being one of them. If he wanted sypmathy, he should speak to his real friends, not people he knows through a computer screen.
subtle as a sledge hammer

Offline Hive Tiamat

• I'm an arachnoid llama!
« Reply #11 on: May 4, 2004, 06:32:20 AM »
this poor guy's life apparently sucks (there's a hint in the title) so why do you all insist on riding him when he posts to vent his frustration? if your life's sucked that bad and you posted about it on a site you had frequented for a while, and whose opinions you valued would you like them to tell you how it all isn't that bad read the post, it's bad
Well, i agree that his life is pretty much messed up right now, but indulging in self-pity isn't going to help at all. The only thing that will help on a medium and long term is to deal with the actual problems.

aa

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #12 on: May 4, 2004, 06:35:59 AM »
Thank you Tiamat.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Dealing with your problems, however tough that might be, is actually the only way to get anything done. Whining, and hoping others will fix your problems (not in this case, but certainly in many others) is at best a short-term fix, but won't hold up in hte long run.

Offline CODEXsc

• Sybarite
« Reply #13 on: May 4, 2004, 08:39:05 AM »
I found out that life really does suck also but i have learned to deal with it. Live day by day the best you can. My life has changed though since i have accepted god into my life. Maby this will be a good idea for you also but i am not going to preach about going a church. Just an idea.

Offline JagCalle

• Sometimes I rule.
« Reply #14 on: May 4, 2004, 08:48:47 AM »
Well, I posted here, basicly, to get this amphetamine parrotload of crap of my chest.

and, to get advice from people I respect.

so far, I must thank Tiamat, fidel, XfinianX and draza (oh, and to Codexsc to some extent ;D) for giving sound and encouraging advice. I appreciate it.

As to Rasmus, you basicly just had to tell me to grow up once. if you have no better advice than that, you can hold your silence. telling me to grow up once is ok. 3+ is just annoying.

Cya
-me

ps. keep the encouraging stuff coming. I need it.

I'd write more now, but I have to pick up my mates lil sis at school and drive her to the hospital, she injured her foot and they called me just now... cya later bro's.

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #15 on: May 4, 2004, 09:48:25 AM »
Weh weh.

Rasmus has summed it up.

Now I shall add my patronisation:
DAAAARRRLLLLLIIIIIN G! Are you gonna have a cry?
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline The Bladesinger

• Foul-mouthed Monkeigh - BANNED
  • Real eyes realize real lies
    • Project Starfall
« Reply #16 on: May 4, 2004, 10:06:51 AM »
General advice and words of wisdom from me:

Life sucks, if you can't  do anything about it, wuit be-atching.

amphetamine parrot happens, get over it.

If things aren't working for you in the place you are, try someplace else.

BANNED for excessive use of foul language.

Offline Peh POOT

• Spammer: Forum Idiot
  • Spamming Mon Keigh
« Reply #17 on: May 6, 2004, 04:35:41 PM »
I got ya beat...
Mob/wannabes/Union wants me dead (long story)
Car thief broke into my car and its illegal for me to say paralyze them without being sued yet they can steal from me and only get a misdermeanor
My boss won't give me a raise even though she speaks nothing but praises about me and shes shafted me one to many times.

BUT HEY I DON'T THINK MY LIFE SUCKS THAT MUCH. ITS NOT GREAT BUT STILL YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THE POSITIVE THINGS rather then the bad.

1st off your still have all your legs, feet, hands, etc etc.
2nd you can find a job it just might take awhile
3rd you can always make new friends
4th never trust anyone
5th girls well I could say theres more fish in the sea but if shes special to you then I say beat the sh!t outta the person that treats her like property
6th try for a loan or even ask your relatives/friends or whoever for a small one
7th if your running out of food try Ramen noodles their like 15 cents a pack. (TASTE LIKE CRAP THOUGH)
8th take lifes punches and give a few back to it.

Things will get better, and I hope you get the girl.  ;D
He who will destroy the evil MODS.

Offline JagCalle

• Sometimes I rule.
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2004, 05:52:52 AM »
Thanks, Your Lord and Master FOAMY.  You don't really have me beat, but hey. thanks for the advice=)

1st off your still have all your legs, feet, hands, etc etc.
-Well, basicly this would be, "you still have one foot, all your legs, hands etc..."
=)

5th girls well I could say theres more fish in the sea but if shes special to you then I say beat the sh!t outta the person that treats her like property

Believe me, if my mates hadn't stoped me, he'd been frikkin dead by now... and until  Those guys at the security guard company returns my jobb application, im lying low.. (I won't get the job, or I can EVER work as a sec. guard if I have a charge at the police)...

noodles though, are a great advice =), been living on 'em for a week now.

I've ditched my feelings for the girl. I had a chance at her last saturday, then my brain kickstarted for the first time in a month.. I just told her to *meep off*, who the 'ell does she think she is?

Then I had a little "fun" with girl on my avatar, and im back out in the game again  8)

Cya
-me

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #19 on: May 7, 2004, 06:45:44 AM »
Note to one's self, never give a member of EO/40K.ca a job in Social Services, or Councilling.
For one thing don't ram it down his throat that "Life sucks, get over it!". Now whose the grown up, at least try and show him some avaliable options instead of pissing him off and throwing him into (or deeper into) a state of depression.

Also CODEXsc said it best, "Life life day by day the best you can" if someone else is saying you can do better, challange them to show you how, and always take any oppurtunity that crosses your path. So got to Social Serivces get yourself a benefit untill you land on your feet again.