News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Carrion Empire Box Set, Skaven & Flesh Eater Battletomes!  (Read 5350 times)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Carrion Empire Box Set, Skaven & Flesh Eater Battletomes!
« on: February 3, 2019, 03:09:19 PM »
Pre-order Preview: Carrion Empire and Genestealer Cults - Warhammer Community

Hi guys, so the "What's Coming Next Week" Blog post on the Warhammer Community has gone live. Check out the link above! Looks like each faction is getting some really cool endless spells and terrain features! I should also note, that if you have the Clan Pestilens book, it seems that it will no longer be valid when the Skaven Battletome drops. Pestilens rules seem to be incorporated in this new battletome!

Discuss!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Re: Carrion Empire Box Set, Skaven & Flesh Eater Battletomes!
« Reply #1 on: February 3, 2019, 07:28:58 PM »
I’ve been thinking it over, and I think that the Skaven superbook is a great idea.  It puts them back to where they should be, without having to use their allied slots on other Skaven.  Plus it’s practical from a business point of view; now anytime they release a new Skaven model, it’s applicable to all Skaven players rather than just a few.  Just as long as what came before in the old tome and the GHB is carried on and maintained.

The FEC are looking good too.  I absolutely love the whole concept behind them, and it’s great to see them getting brought up to a modern standard.  It’s just a shame that I’ve had to listen to a lot of whining about that 1 FEC finescast mini rather than the new book.  ::)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #2 on: February 9, 2019, 06:28:21 AM »
More details on the Flesh-eater Courts can be found via these links:

Death Battletome: Flesh-eater Courts ? The Low-down - Warhammer Community

Flesh-eater Courts Preview: Endless Spells and the Charnel Throne - Warhammer

I'm not overly interested in Ghouls as a separate army, as I feel that they are really a small faction of the wider Death army.  If GW is going to maintain them as a separate force though, I think that they may have to think about a way of increasing the number of units.  The diversity is rather lacking, in my opinion, but maybe that's intended.  At least the spells look interesting and I'm sure that Flesh-eater Courts players will be pleased to receive an update.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2019, 06:33:05 AM by Irisado »
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #3 on: February 9, 2019, 08:59:14 AM »
They don't have much in the way of unit choices but in my opinion, in terms of fluff at least, they're one of the most interesting armies there are. 

FEC unit ideas?  The FEC could have dire wolf cavalry.  Or some sort of cavalry with wolves.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: February 9, 2019, 02:20:10 PM »
I agree with you, Irisado, the FEC could use some additional units. I'm not too interested in Death in general these days, but I appreciate the variety offered by the other ranges in that grand alliance. I do think the lore for the FEC is very unique and cool, though.

That Arch-regent though, looks absolutely amazing! And the Endless spells look great as well. Throne is great too.

Either way, I hope the battletome is great for those who do like FEC. Better Battletomes is never a bad thing!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!