News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Knuckles on Necrodermis - Ork Campaign Command Central  (Read 14058 times)

Offline Azonalanthious

• Biker Nob | KoN Veteran
  • When in doubt, use more explosives.
Re: Knuckles on Necrodermis - Ork Campaign Command Central
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 07:34:53 AM »
Go ahead and toss me into tier 3 it looks like, no one really wanted to play lower point values when I chatted with them tonight.  :-\  Which means that for reasons no one can define, I'll end up playing 1 or 2 games at our normal 2000 and then everyone will decide to switch to 1000 for no reason at all after I've picked my tier, forcing me to change midstream.  But that's life.  :D

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 03:15:26 PM »
Tier 3 here, have a game lined up for monday, Taking pics and writing it up.  I'll have an army list up asap.

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 05:45:36 PM »
Go ahead and toss me into tier 3 it looks like, no one really wanted to play lower point values when I chatted with them tonight.  :-\  Which means that for reasons no one can define, I'll end up playing 1 or 2 games at our normal 2000 and then everyone will decide to switch to 1000 for no reason at all after I've picked my tier, forcing me to change midstream.  But that's life.  :D

I'm sure it's not such a big deal to get swapped to sector 3 as needed. If you're cleaning up, the point expenditure could be well worth it.

edit:
Campaign is now open and the first match's bonus round has been posted. Get fighting!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 07:35:56 AM by Gutstikk »

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 07:42:24 PM »
Is Everybody IN?!  The Waaagh is about to begin.

...er, it already started? (I was gone at a Convention.)  Well than be sure to play dem games, and also PM me the results whether they be positive or negative.  Also has no one really has 100% vision of the boards as a whole be sure to put a post here or PM me if you put up a Bat Rep, put up a Hero Portrait, build up an Ancient Tablet (details on exactly what it is will be forth comming I promise!), plopping together some Campaign Fiction of your warband's (or of Warlord Anakron's) exploits against those Necrons.

Besides earning teef for the WotW, participating in these extra parts of the campaign earn you Notoriety Points, and the player with the most NP will receive a special One of a Kind Terrain piece built by me (check the main KoN thread for a couple pics).

Peace and I'll see ya out there
~OD

(Post Script for anyone that cares: The new user pic is a photo of my face as it appeared on the big screen of LA's Million Dollar Theater when they premiered a documentary of the Rocky Horror Picture Show that is one of the extras on the new Blu Ray, so yea!  I finally have gotten my 15 seconds of fame)
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 05:15:14 PM »
Here is my battle I just had last night.   A solid win for the orks...

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=205865.0

Does it count if I play the bonus mission on Friday as well???

Good luck guys....

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #25 on: October 1, 2010, 09:39:41 AM »
Here is my battle I just had last night.   A solid win for the orks...

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=205865.0

Does it count if I play the bonus mission on Friday as well???

Good luck guys....

Great Batrep (o' and 2 teef) I will be going to play a bonus game this Saturday and she who must be obeyed has to work so I will be able to "borrow" the camera and hopefully get back and download the photos before she gets home... ???
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #26 on: October 2, 2010, 02:35:24 AM »
Okay guys Round 1 is shaping up nicely, but there's still a lot of players on our team who haven't logged a game in with me.  Come on guys, you don't want those daff silver zombie Necrons beating us at our own game!

In all seriousness if you can't get a match in this week, that's cool and all, but it does make you chances at winning the Notoriety prize all the more distant.  And while I have no qualms with sending this deluxe hand painted Necron Obelisk terrain piece to Moc (who's already got an early Notoriety point lead), don't you think YOU might like to have it?

As for my game a bat-rep will be written.  I got all my notes and everything from it (sadly no pictures this time around), it was a fairly close match, and one that had me sweating more than once.  However my opponent made a few mistakes, and in the game of 40k (or war) any tiny mistake can lead to disaster (as it did for his Panzee Eldar).

The Highlights: Mega Nobz running up to a Wraithlord (I mean they're MegaNobz its not like they have monogyro wheels they're supposed to be slow!), a unit of Sluggas waaaghing straight up the table from reserve to avenge my Kannons (those poor poor grots never stood a chance against the Warp Spiders), and the Rokkit Koptas shooting out the last wound on the 2nd Wraithlord right as they came on the board.

My opponents biggest mistake (other than being nice and re-wrote his list without vehicles which he really didn't have to do) was that he was too conservative with his Jetbikes.  On turn 2 when things turned pretty nasty for me he could have sent those Jets into an assault which could have taken out my Meganobz before they really did anything, but instead they were hiding behind terrain. 

But I will again note that this was a very close game, and I am looking forward to playing against him again (he wants to try the bonus mission with his Iyanden in the 'hot-box' center deployment sometime this coming week).

Anyway I've rambled on long enough
Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #27 on: October 2, 2010, 07:15:26 PM »
I just played a long game with lettheharvestbegin you can see it here.
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206011.msg2520325#msg2520325

That will be 4 points for the ork side, (sneaky playing a double bonus game huh?)

Also I must have not seen it because it is in plain sight or something are we supposed to PM anybody for these battles or just post a link in this thread?

Thanks and enjoy the read and the pictures.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline incredibleskulk

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
  • I think, therefore I win
« Reply #28 on: October 3, 2010, 02:11:33 AM »
Had a 2k pt game against BA today. I would like to use it for the campaign.

I do not have photos, but there should be a YouTube video report posted in the next day or two that I will provide a link to. My gaming group has a YouTube channel called 2 Smoking Bolters.

My Orks:

2 big meks with PK, KFF, cybork

14 lootas

4 squads of 30 boyz with nob, PK, EA.

7 warbikers, nob, PK.

3 squads of 3 kans with rokkits.

His Blood Angels:

1 Librarian
1 Librarian Furioso

3 flamestorm cannon baal predators

4X 5 man assault squads in razorbacks with assault cannons, sgt with power weapon

1 vindicator
2 baal pred with lascannons

We roll for game type and its seize ground with 4 objectives. For deployment we roll spearhead.

I lose the roll off for first turn.

My opponent deploys a massive tank formation and my worries begin, how am I going to kill that many tanks with an ork army?

I deploy my entire army in my tiny little corner, placing lootas in terrain and kans in the front. I place my meks to ensure good coverage from the KFF.  The warbikers are hiding behind a bastion near middle of the table.

Scouts:

He scouts his flamestorm cannons 18" towards a boyz squad.

Top 1:

I fail to seize initiative. He moves his flamestorm preds into position, moves his tank formation, advances his libby dread, and swings out his vindi towards my flank.  He proceeds to murder 17 of 30 boyz with his flamestorm cannons and fails to damage the kans with them. He fires his assault cannons from two razorbacks reducing my boyz mob to 9 and a mek so i am no longer fearless, however i pass the ld check. he fires his remaining tanks and razorbacks at my kans and manages to kill one.

Bottom 1:

I advance my remaining boyz towards the flamestorm preds, advance two boyz mobs forward, advance the other kans forward, and swing a boyz mob upwards towards an objective. i fail to do any damage with my kans rokkits, the lootas destroy one razorback and one of the 5 marines dies, they fail a pinning test. i cause a stunned result on one razorback with the dakka guns from my warbikers. i assault his flamestorm preds with my 9 boyz+ mek and my 3 kans, wrecking one, immobilizing one, and stunning another.

Top 2:

He backs his formation of tanks up, hides his 4 marines behind another bastion where an objective is placed, and advances his libby dread again. his libby dread uses a psychic attack to make my warbikers take a ld test at -2, i fail and they fall off the board. He then shoots his immobilized flamestorm pred at my small boyz mob, causing a wound on every model, leaving the nob and mek with one remaining wound each. He then attempts to fire all of his assault cannons and lascannon preds that are able to shoot at my kans, finding he has moved some out of range, and the ones he manages to score hits against are in kff cover and i make epic saves for no damage at all. He fires his vindi at my three kans at top of table, scatters 6 inches and gets 4 boyz and one kan, 3 boyz die and the kan lives from the KFF save.

Bottom 2:

I advance all boyz mobz, 2 forwards, and one towards an objective at the top of the board, and the mek and nob advance towards his flamestorm pred. 3 kans to join the other two kans at the bottom of the table, i fail to do any damage with rokkits. My kans on the other side of the board also fail to hit with rokkits. i assault his immobilized flamestorm pred with 5 kans and finish the deal, then assault with nob and mek on his other flamestorm, failing to roll a single 6 with 8 attacks.

Top 3:

He backs off his flamestorm pred and positions it to hit the mek and nob. he swings his tank formation back to the middle of the field and backwards and brings his libby dread towards the mek and nob. he unloads into the mek and nob with lascannons and flamestorm pred, killing only the nob. He then autocannons my kans from his razorbacks and again i make ridiculous saves on them. the vindi advances towards my boyz near the top objective and kills 5 of them. he assaults my mek with his libby dread and fails to wound him, my mek immobilizes him in return.

Bottom 3:

I advance my 5 kans upwards toward his tank formation and libby dread. I advance the two central boyz squads forward towards two objectives, and advance the kans up high towards his vindicator. My lootas stun his flamestorm pred,  my kans destroy his demolisher cannon with rokkits up high, and i shoot at one of the razorbacks but fail to hit with the three kans down low. the two kan squad joins the mek against his libby dread, the three other kans down low fail to reach his razorback due to a bad terrain test roll. i destroy one arm off his libby dread, but lose my mek.

Top 4:

He backs his razorback up onto the rear objective and slightly backs up his formation. he unloads into my 3 kans with all of his tanks except vindi, and finally kills the three kans who no longer receive cover from the dead mek. However i still have 5 remaining. He rams my kans up top with his weaponless vindi, i death or glory him and immobilize the vindi and he returns the favor, wrecking one kan. in assault i rip the other arm off his libby dread, but am still locked.

Bottom 4:

I call my waaaagh! My boyz reach his 4 marines on his objective, and he surrenders assuming 30 boyz and a mek will (and should easily) massacre his 4 marines, and my 30 boyz on the other side are within range to score next turn easily.

Afterthoughts:

The combination of kans and KFF can be brutal on a good day of dice results, nearly impossible to kill if you can keep the 4's coming.

Spearhead sucks for orks, nothing like pinning a giant mob of boyz into a small area and making them walk the entire freaking board.

Flamestorm cannons are pretty much broken, i watched three of them kill over 1k points of marines and orks in two games, laying waste to anything falling underneath their template.

Libby dreads are very situational, great for making low ld units fall back and off the edge, especially units that throw 3d6 for the fallback move.

Boyz will be boyz, and good luck killing 120 of them buddy.

Razorback spam is very effective, but not for a long time as they begin to fall like, well, rhinos.

Footslogging across the board makes it impossible to contest or even reach the far back end of the table to contest, thats what the warbikers were for, but we know what happened with them.

TL dakka guns are a lot more useful then i imagined, pretty much TL heavy bolters with a lower ap value, but TL.

I made a few positioning mistakes with my meks, but got away with it due to lucky placement of kans behind terrain and a wrecked pred, granting me the much needed cover saves against mass razorback/tank spam.
The key to victory is the ratio of quantity divided by the ratio of quality multiplied by the points of an army, then times zero, minus how bad you roll dice on average.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #29 on: October 3, 2010, 08:42:35 AM »
Sounds like a blast, I know the kan wall is an effective army build and have seen one in action a few times so I know it can be hard to beat.

Yes I agree the baal flamer pred is just sick...  Too bad we aren't allowed to loot vehicles like before as I would have at least one by now.

O', and two teef to your account. Good job.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #30 on: October 3, 2010, 10:08:40 AM »
Finished the objective marker for the final battle you can see it here
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=205300.msg2517927#msg2517927

Let me know what you think, thanks

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #31 on: October 3, 2010, 10:52:44 AM »
Round 2 has opened. Due to the nature of this campaign, you can still get missions for Round 1 in and have them counted till the end of the week, when Round 3 starts.

Also note that I haven't heard anything about redeployment, so the current sector deployment has been left untouched. Let me know if I need to update this!

I'd like to receive an interim report for Round 1 from your team commander, just to make certain that when it comes time to report the full results for Round 1, it is done correctly!

Offline incredibleskulk

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
  • I think, therefore I win
« Reply #32 on: October 3, 2010, 11:30:02 AM »
here is the link to the video report:

Blood Angels V.S Orks

edit: hmmmm it auto posted the video instead of the link...
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 11:32:12 AM by incredibleskulk »
The key to victory is the ratio of quantity divided by the ratio of quality multiplied by the points of an army, then times zero, minus how bad you roll dice on average.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #33 on: October 3, 2010, 08:46:37 PM »
I got the bonus mission Interrupted in on Friday vs a really cool Tau player.   We had a lot of fun even though we played at his place and he only had fantasy Terrain because he hosted a huge event in Orlando and left his 40k terrain at his brother's house. (beautiful terrain though as you will eventually see in the pics)

Battle report to follow but I achieved the bonus objective with 4 troops choices still remaining including one of the orginal that started in the Kill box.. not to mention the Mad Dok who started with the ard boyz in the kill box....  talk about a dog that got off his leash.....  I think I might want to call this campaign the diary of a Mad Dok......

battle report to follow shortly.......

Updated... and here it is...   
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206051.msg2520801#msg2520801
« Last Edit: October 4, 2010, 02:29:17 AM by angel of death 007 »

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #34 on: October 3, 2010, 10:16:36 PM »
Good work angel.  I'm going to have to check with Gutstikk on if this battle will also count towards the campaign, as I don't know if he's going to allow multiple games to be counted in the same round, but I'll be a buzzer squig if that doesn't count towards your NP (as it should!).  And I'm glad to hear how the Mad Dok is working out!

As for the rest of you all, to save my own PM box (and yours as well) note that if you didn't get a game in yet for Round 1 its not too late!  Round 1 will officially close in a couple days.  And like Gutstikk said Round 2 officially started today, so lets be ready to continue the Waaaagh into the heart of those metal monstrosities!

Round 2's bonus mission is titled Hiding Something?[url] (click to see the mission).

Peace
~OD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #35 on: October 4, 2010, 02:31:53 AM »
Good work angel.  I'm going to have to check with Gutstikk on if this battle will also count towards the campaign, as I don't know if he's going to allow multiple games to be counted in the same round, but I'll be a buzzer squig if that doesn't count towards your NP (as it should!).  And I'm glad to hear how the Mad Dok is working out!

From the way I understood it after asking the question that you can play a regular mission and a bonus mission per campaign week.  That is just how I understood it.  If I am wrong I apologize.  Check out that last battle report of mine and see what happens after u let the dog off his leash  :)

Offline Azonalanthious

« Reply #36 on: October 5, 2010, 01:18:04 AM »

As for the rest of you all, to save my own PM box (and yours as well) note that if you didn't get a game in yet for Round 1 its not too late!  Round 1 will officially close in a couple days.  And like Gutstikk said Round 2 officially started today, so lets be ready to continue the Waaaagh into the heart of those metal monstrosities!

Round 2's bonus mission is titled Hiding Something?[url] (click to see the mission).

Peace
~OD

*tug* *tug* Let me know on this too - managed to get two games in tonight (neither bonus mission games) and if only one regular game counts, then I'm gonna report the one I won (one win, one loss).  :D  Probably do bat reps for both, though not tonight.

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #37 on: October 5, 2010, 03:19:13 AM »
Well Gutstikk's official word on the matter is...

Quoted from Gutstikk
No double-credit can be earned in a single sector. You'd have to do the following:
-Player has match
-Player then gets moved from current sector after match [costing a CP]
-Player then fights in an additional sector

You could easily earn quite a few points in a single sector off a single match, especially if it qualifies as a bonus mission match. And you could have a scenario where you do some damage control like so:
-player A in sector 1 loses
-player B in sector 2 loses
-player A moves to sector 2, wins
-player B moves to sector 1, wins

Of course, at that point you're spending 2 CP to gain 2 CP, so it might be a moot point there. In fact, the only time it'd make sense is moving a player to an empty sector for a second round, hoping they win and therefore grab three points at the cost of 1 point.

If a player's first match wasn't a bonus mission, but they then want to play the bonus mission as a second match, they can grab the bonus but the game itself, if fought in the same sector, doesn't really count for anything else.

So to answer the question of 'can we get credit for multiple games per round' is yes and no.

Yes you will get the NP and earn the Ork team a CP if no one else played a Bonus Mission, but it won't count as an official campaign game unless you change sectors, which as already pointed out would cost us a valuable CP.

*tug* *tug* Let me know on this too - managed to get two games in tonight (neither bonus mission games) and if only one regular game counts, then I'm gonna report the one I won (one win, one loss).  :D  Probably do bat reps for both, though not tonight.
Well Azonalanthious the hope is that players participating in the event would tell their opponent that their game is for an online competition, specifically that instead of being a mere one off game that the outcome effects a campaign with players across the world.  That being said if you win or lose that game, it is the one which counts.  Of course we operate on the Honor's System.

Peace
~OD

Offline Azonalanthious

« Reply #38 on: October 5, 2010, 04:06:48 AM »
My local group all knows I'm doing an online campaign (and given that we have three ork players, I've been trying to recruit).  But since I wasn't sure if both games would count, I couldn't tell them if both would count. :/ If I was to pick which game would have counted before playing them I WOULD have picked the wolves (mostly because the guy playing the tyranids has a reputation for bringing the most competative, cut-throat tournament list possible in what is otherwise a very friendly, laid back group -- to the point that the guy who usually hosts flatly refuses to play him anymore).  BUT - we normally only play one game on game night and if that had been the case it would have been the 'nid game - we finished early so managed to squeeze in a second, but that's uncommon.  So... I guess I don't know what I should report.  Your the team lead - I'll dump it on you and report whichever you say to.  :D

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #39 on: October 5, 2010, 09:07:01 AM »
Dang...

Of course the bonus scenario would have to be civil waaagh, the other ork players at my local are also hunters and hunting season just opened so I won't be seeing them for a few weeks. I guess I will have to offer someone a few of my orks so I can play a civil waagh. Or maybe I can mug lettheharvestbegin and take half of his necrons, er, wait... then he would get the points.... what a conundrum, and a cruel twist of fate.....

Can I instead loan him an ork and he adds it to his army as a traitor (kinda like the dark angels do for fallen)?