News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The 9th Edition Aeldari Update Archive  (Read 4520 times)

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
Re: The 9th Edition Aeldari Update Archive
« Reply #20 on: January 3, 2022, 07:28:14 PM »
The poses of the Guardians remind me of the poses that were possible with the original metal and plastic Eldar Guardian boxed set from the days of Rogue Trader.  I think that they have done a very good job with those models.  My only possible gripe is that I can't say any female models in those images and there used to be female Guardian models in previous plastic boxed sets.  As it's only a sample though, this may well not be the case.

Check again Iri. There are at least 2 in the pictures provided. One manning the defense platform, and the other with the bare head/white hair that comes up first when you get to the pictures.

Very nice sculpts that may actually finally get me interested in buying some.

I'm just waiting for Aspect Warriors at this point though; updating plastic kits is cool and all, but updating finest is where they'll forcibly remove my wallet through my anus so that I can spend a literal crap-tonne of cash on the hobby.

Maugan Ra and the Avatar look promising from the tiny snippets we've seen.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #21 on: January 3, 2022, 07:53:46 PM »
The poses of the Guardians remind me of the poses that were possible with the original metal and plastic Eldar Guardian boxed set from the days of Rogue Trader.  I think that they have done a very good job with those models.  My only possible gripe is that I can't say any female models in those images and there used to be female Guardian models in previous plastic boxed sets.  As it's only a sample though, this may well not be the case.

There are female guardians in the pictures, so no worries on that part.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #22 on: January 3, 2022, 11:48:35 PM »
I like the look of the new guardians! The alternative weapon platform layout for the storm guardians looks interesting, I wonder if it will work like shimmershield does.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #23 on: January 4, 2022, 09:36:25 AM »
I like the look of the new guardians! The alternative weapon platform layout for the storm guardians looks interesting, I wonder if it will work like shimmershield does.

The article compared it to a wave serpent shield - basically does the same thing.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Lachdonin

• Warlock
  • Education is no substitute for Intelligence.
« Reply #24 on: January 5, 2022, 11:00:42 AM »

The article compared it to a wave serpent shield - basically does the same thing.

Having not read the Article, and only seen the picture, i'm glad I got that right. I was looking at it, trying to figure out what it could be, and was suddenly struck by how much it looked like the prow of the first Wave Serpent model. Talk about raising the dead with that aesthetic.
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #25 on: January 6, 2022, 04:49:56 AM »
Interesting! It does have that look. I'm excited to have a plastic storm guardian sprue in the same kit as defender guardians. I actually don't have any storm guardians that aren't conversions, so it will be nice to make a real storm guardians unit.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Lachdonin

• Warlock
  • Education is no substitute for Intelligence.
« Reply #26 on: January 6, 2022, 06:58:16 PM »
Interesting! It does have that look. I'm excited to have a plastic storm guardian sprue in the same kit as defender guardians. I actually don't have any storm guardians that aren't conversions, so it will be nice to make a real storm guardians unit.

If we're lucky, the arms will be mostly compatible with the standing Guardians, allowing longtime players to swap out some Guardians and make more extensive use of a few of the first kits. I know i still have 10-15 guardian bodies i've been slowing pairing arms on to make them into Storm Squad over the years, who could very quickly get finished if these new arms are compatible.
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2022, 01:55:11 PM »
More about the Autarch kit! I'm going to need like 2-3 of these guys for a war council

http://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/01/10/the-new-autarch-always-has-the-right-tool-for-the-job/

Options:
- Chainsword
- Starglaive
- Death Spinner
- Shuriken Pistol
- Reaper Launcher
- Fusion Gun
- Striking Scorpion mandiblasters
- Warp Spider Jump Generator
- Fully compatible with current Autarch with Swooping Hawk Wings

Hotlinked images removed.  Please refrain from hotlinking - Iris.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 04:07:38 PM by Irisado »

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2022, 02:31:27 PM »
Unreal amount of options for a modern kit, pretty exciting to see.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2022, 04:39:46 PM »
good to see the options from the legacy Autarch are back. It's also nice that there isn't any significant shift in aesthetic so far. The Autarch isn't very dynamic but with the number of wargear options you can see why. Give then likely $70 price tag it would be nice if they gave you two bodies per box.

Snipers on jetbikes... I'm not sure what the point is, a single shot more over a windrider doesn't seem warranted and it doesn't seem to fill a roll that we were missing. good looking sculpts though. I wounder what else they are going to put on the back of those bikes, maybe we will get a new aspect similar to the harlies close combat bikes.

keen to see what the new avatar model looks like.

no squatting rangers, thats just heresy, that was the coolest model for the rangers :)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2022, 03:48:57 PM »
New Dark reaper model incoming

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/01/17/revamped-rearmed-and-extra-grim-aeldari-dark-reapers-are-back-in-plastic/?utm_source=CUSTOMERS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GW_17th_January_Aeldari_&utm_content=&utm_term=

The first Exarch forehead is too high looks terrible, sooo going to fill that in. The second head with the hood looks like something a goblin would wear.. A hood without being part of a robe/cape just look dumb, but then this look design doesn't fit the eldar at all.

Other than that they are basically the same, which again is nice, they will still fit in with the older kits.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2022, 05:02:14 PM »
New Dark reaper model incoming

http://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/01/17/revamped-rearmed-and-extra-grim-aeldari-dark-reapers-are-back-in-plastic/?utm_source=CUSTOMERS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GW_17th_January_Aeldari_&utm_content=&utm_term=

The first Exarch forehead is too high looks terrible, sooo going to fill that in. The second head with the hood looks like something a goblin would wear.. A hood without being part of a robe/cape just look dumb, but then this look design doesn't fit the eldar at all.

Other than that they are basically the same, which again is nice, they will still fit in with the older kits.

I think we're in agreement - I like the standard reaper helms - though the detailing on the faces looks a bit weird - it'll probably grow on me when I see it in person. I don't like either of the Exarch heads though - and will -probably use the Ynnari one.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2022, 06:36:21 PM »
They look good to me.  They are very similar to previous designs and I don't find the Exarch's head to be strange.  I am very pleased to see the plastic range of Aspect Warriors being expanded.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2022, 06:43:16 PM »
They look good to me.  They are very similar to previous designs and I don't find the Exarch's head to be strange.  I am very pleased to see the plastic range of Aspect Warriors being expanded.

I think all craftworlds player are happy with that too - myself included. I know the Exarch's helm is a callback to the previous model before our current set of finecast dark reapers, but it's more preference for me. Definitely not looking a gift horse in the mouth lol - I'll be buying a few squads of the Dark Reapers  :).

It looks like we're going to get some reveals for a seer type model next week according the subtle hint at the end of the article.

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2022, 07:37:30 PM »
I'm actually surprised they're as conservative as they are, as I figured they'd see the Dark Reaper faces as a bit... flat. I'd expected them to sculpt out the masks to be more like actual skulls, but nope!

On another note, I actually really like the hood. XD

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2022, 06:07:30 PM »
These don't do it for me as much as the other previewed minis. A think that they are very static poses (I know that Reapers are a static unit, but they've managed to include some dynamism in other ranges).

I like the fact that all the Exarch weapons are present and look good and easily defined on first glance. I also wish there was a decent reason to play a Shuri Cannon over the other options, as it looks cool.

I do really quite like the bare-headed option too.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

• Ancient
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2022, 10:16:59 AM »
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2022, 01:01:02 PM »
I agree.  In fact, I would venture to say that this is the best model for the Avatar that GW has ever produced.  If I were still playing, I would definitely buy this, as it would make an amazing centrepiece for any Eldar army.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2022, 01:01:40 PM »
He looks great!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2022, 01:42:11 PM »
I'm absolutely in love with the new Avatar!

From what I gleamed through the images.

Traditional head, Helmet-less Aelven head, and a more Classical Age Greek style head

Sword, axe, and spear versions of the Wailing Doom as well.

Couldn't be happier and more than I expected!