News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Post your chapter ideas here  (Read 103746 times)

Offline Admiral Dred

• Ork Boy
  • My personal chapter: Phalanxi Astartes
Re: Post your chapter ideas here
« Reply #300 on: November 14, 2011, 05:35:41 PM »
Styranimon, that may be a question for another thread.  This is for posting an idea for an existing chapter, but to answer your question..

It depends on what you mean by using both Codices.  Are you using rules and Characters and models from both?  If there is a bit of dabbling between books I am sure any opponent will love facing a fluffy army.  In the context of tournament play, you would be stressed to find one with even slight lenience to your wishes.  I would play with you, but to be honest my care for a "fair" game beyond the points level is nigh non-existent.
Sense just doesn't make sense, if you just happen to make sense of it all.
I use Calgar as terrain/objective.   8)
I'm only missing 4 teeth so I should be doing fairly well in Ork World.
When in doubt, C4. --- Jamie Hyneman

Offline Styranimon

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #301 on: November 15, 2011, 12:13:43 PM »
Thanks for your answer AD :)

I was thinking like this:
I play vanilla marines now and I got around 2500 points, and I really like BA too, but it feels kind of boring, or "waste of money to buy another couple of 20 marines and 3 Rhinos, just to paint them in a different colour. Maybe if I really like the hobby I wouldn't think it was boring to start a new army, but I think you understand what I mean.

Therefore, I thought about creating a chapter that could use rules for both. Not mixing the codexes up, but the opportunity to switch between the codexes when I want to. Maybe this sounds a bit lazy...

Anyway, I'll move this question to another thread.
If you get happy of small things, you've got much to be happy for!

Offline Admiral Dred

• Ork Boy
  • My personal chapter: Phalanxi Astartes
« Reply #302 on: November 16, 2011, 01:29:19 AM »
Form a specific rules set for this army, and before each battle, quickly brief it with your opponent unless its a tournament.  If they say yes, use it.  If not, use the codex that you feel like at the time.

Im fairly confident others will give you similar answers, but create another thread if you wish.
Sense just doesn't make sense, if you just happen to make sense of it all.
I use Calgar as terrain/objective.   8)
I'm only missing 4 teeth so I should be doing fairly well in Ork World.
When in doubt, C4. --- Jamie Hyneman

Offline Styranimon

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #303 on: November 17, 2011, 11:47:42 AM »
Yes, I meant to switch between the codexes between matches, not in tournaments, then I'll use the same codex during the whole tournament, of course :)
If you get happy of small things, you've got much to be happy for!

Offline Konyv

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #304 on: August 23, 2017, 06:59:42 PM »
Hello,

My goal here is to start broad and work my way in further for some stories. I have other Chapters and groups I want to work on in time as well, but there's no good in posting six threads at once. Ha. Below is my broad image of a Fan Chapter I want to work on as i get myself back into Warhammer 40k. I should also say that I did not create the A Celestial Suns and Magi Empyrean Chapters. I will post links to their work. Their work inspired me to make this chapter so I ran with it. :D
Please feel free to give any feed back as I do this. I'll be coming back to it from time to time as I progress with it.  :)

[edit] Linking back to the people who inspired this idea.
Magi Empyrean: 40 Facts & Lore on the Magi Empyrean Space Marine Fan Chapter Warhammer 40k -
Celestial Suns: 40 Facts and Lore on the 11th Legion, The Celestial Suns Warhammer 40k - YouTube

-----------------------

The Imperial Sun Chapter

Concept-
The Imperial Sun: A Celestial Suns successor chapter alongside the Magi Empyrean.

The Imperial Sun is a loyalist successor Chapter of the Celestial Suns, the 11th Legion. At the end of the Great Crusade two new chapters were to be founded from the proud geneseed of the 11th Legion, the Magi Empyrean and the Imperial Sun. Each has striven to be the salvation of their parent chapter. Named in part after the Astronomicon and the shining light of the Emperor the Imperial Suns are a fleet based chapter pulling prospective recruits from the scattered worlds and fleets under their protection. Highly mobile they work as multiple rapid response teams providing much needed support to the galactic south east against the many Xenos and traitor forces massed there.

While their sibling chapters study Necron and Eldar technology in hopes of finding a piece of xenos tech to revive the Emperor of Mankind the Imperial Sun Chapter has ever been confident that Imperial Technology forged by the Emperor’s genius will suffice. However, Imperial Engineers and Tech Priests seem unable to properly use the technologies they have. At their founding the Imperial Suns worked closely with the Adeptus Mechanicus scouring worlds for lost technology and all artifacts of humanities works believing that some grand artifact or STC would reveal how to awaken the Emperor. However after several millennia without true success a dark realization grew within the Chapter. They were chasing old knowledge that neither they nor the Mechanicus truly understood. Any effort to better understand their machines proved fruitless and as the Chapter sought to push this understanding they met resistance from their allies. Fearing accusations of heresy and deviation the chapter secluded itself to contemplate the future of their proud Chapter. In time their chapter Master and Librarians decreed that the greatest enemy to Humanity was itself and the Emperor could not be revived until this was resolved.

The Imperial Sun marines believe this is because humanity has lost some fundamental quality that enabled them to create wonders such as STCs, warp travel, and the glory of the Astronomicon. Despite millennia of work Humanity has yet to reach similar heights. For lack of a better term they call this lost quality invention, innovation, or progress. This dare not be spoken openly and such teachings are only shared with fully initiated Battle Brothers. Moreover, this view is actively heretical in the eyes of the Machine Cult and the Chapter tightly screens their prospective techmarines ensuring that those sent to learn on local Forge Worlds will be able to complete their training without drawing attention toward the Chapter at large.

In hopes of regaining these lost qualities the Battle Brothers look to a race that seems to embody them, the Tau. With constant invention and technological adaptation of a staggering rate proving to be their greatest strength examining and emulating them will enable the light of the Emperor’s glory to shine bright once more. Toward this goal the Imperial Suns engage the Tau on as many fronts as they can and regularly salvage both their technology and their people. Captured Tau citizens of any races are brutally interrogated gathering every scrap of knowledge they can give about language, philosophy, habits, daily life, and society.

Post Merge: August 23, 2017, 07:00:09 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

Fleet Ships:
The Imperial Sun Fleet is made up of five battle barges under their direct command and several support ships whose command is given to respected Chapter Serfs. As a rapid response chapter they often move separate from other fleets when travelling between systems, but have no qualms against Imperial Guard and Navy forces who wish to match their often blistering deployment times. Those who prove themselves able to keep up with the Chapter Fleet are given great honors in the eyes of the fleet and may be given an honor flag crafted by an Imperial Sun Chaplain. 

(Did not know posts merge. I am used to the first few posts on a thread like this being by the owner to break up the sections.)

Equipment:
Under the guidance of their Tech Marines and Librarians, Battle Brothers and chapter serfs commonly loot the various battlefields of the Imperium’s many wars of any Xeno tech.  Ion weapons, emp grenades, and even entire hammer head tanks have made their way under the careful scrutiny of imperial light. Samples are commonly kept and archived for later comparison and continued study, while duplicate finds are stripped, reverse engineered, and commonly repurposed as part of new chapter equipment. As difficult as duplicating xenos tech can be the greatest opponent for the Imperial Sun goal is often the culture of the Imperium itself. Their discoveries cannot be openly shared and much of their knowledge is sealed away.

Weapons:
Custom weapons rules: Imperial Suns Marines can reroll once for the Gets Hot trait on Plasma weapons. After years of study and looting it has become commonplace to see Imperial Sun marines with EMP and Photon Grenades which they often use to better capture Tau equipment and personnel.
Tactical  Marine Weapons:
Bolt Pistol, Meltagun, Plasma Gun, Hellgun,
Devastator Marine Weapons:
Heavy Bolter, Lascannon, Plasma Cannon, Multi-Melta, Soundstrike pattern Missile Launchers
Assault Marine Weapons:
Power swords and fists, Plasma and Bolt Pistols, Chainswords
Miscellaneous Weapons:
Photon Grenades, EMP Grenades, Combat Knife

Armor:

Color Scheme
Celestial Suns- White, gold, and red
Magi- bronze, white-silver trim, red fatigues
Imperial Sun- Deep Emerald, gold trim and aquila, black fatigues

Founding Armor
Battle Brothers from the Chapter’s founding wear standard pattern Astartes power armor

Post-Founding Armor
Today freshly initiated Battle Brothers are given a custom variant of the standard pattern Astartes power armor. Using stolen knowledge and salvaged materials the armors are modified to include Iridium reinforcements and an inner layer of heat and flame resistant molecular polythene. The Iridium reinforcing makes the armor sturdier and heavier often slowing the Space Marine if only marginally but also granting them a greater ability to weather the long range attacks of Tau Ion fire. Considering the inevitability of incoming fire the Chapter's Battle Brothers consider this a favorable trade off.

Psychic Powers:
The Imperial Suns favor a more passive use of their psyker abilities, however, still possess the same love of fire and lightning born from their parent chapter. Like their related chapters almost every battle brother possess latent psychic potential. Librarians wade into battle as towering fonts of active psychic power wielding powers such as Solar Flare, Sunburst, and Electro Shield as well as Chapter Specific powers meant to break enemy morale and formations. Those not bearing the rank of Librarian practice tight control of their powers and only use passive abilities designed to enable those near the marine to ignore wounds, reduce pain, and maintain moral.

Tactics:

Battle-
Though the prospect of capturing lone Pathfinders seems a tempting target the balance between difficulty of surprising these recon units and loot gained from them falls heavy against the value of capturing one. Largely the Suns prefer to target the stronger Hunter Cadres as their point of assault and capture. By shattering these cadres on the battlefield the Suns ensure the Tau forces are more scattered, confused, and thus more easily routed. As a Naval based Chapter they prefer the use of orbital support, drop pods, and rapid deployment whenever possible. Fighting alongside Imperial or Planetary Forces they are unafraid to fling themselves from one battle to another in quick succession providing overwhelming force before redeploying to yet another zone. As well active counter-intelligence such as purposely leaked transmissions, misleading troop deployments, and extra secretly empty troop transports create the image that the Battle Brother are never where they truly are. With this they hope to keep their foes constantly off balance and uncertain of where to expect the next attack.

In response to common tau tactics the Suns have adapted their strategies to best counter them. Among the Fire Caste the Mont Ka, or the killing blow, aims to disrupt and slow enemy forces by striking at their leadership or a pivotal point of the advance. The Suns counter this by ensuring each unit under their command has a goal which is individually useful. From the highest Librarian to the lowest Imperial Guard company each goal brings the Xeno and the traitor closer to defeat.
Alongside this the Qu Yone, or the patient hunter, is an ambush tactic relying up reinforcements being too slow to arrive in time. These Battle Brothers place their most armored and slowest forces such as Dreadnaughts and terminators as the spear tip of all battle plans. The faster forces are then free to maneuver to whichever front needs them with a frightening speed.

Social-
Much to the disdain of the Chapter the philosophy of the Greater Good has corrupted many Imperial Citizens and its allure cannot be simply ignored. The Imperial Suns work to reward and embolden the loyal by taking on more interactive and visibly beneficial roles outside of battle. For though every citizen knows the servants of the Emperor fight on many fronts to protect them it is impossible for the average citizen to comprehend something as incomprehensible as the uncountable billions under the care of the Imperium. As such the Suns and the Chapter Serfs produce, keep, and distribute stockpiles of simple weapons, medicine, food, and other supplies to be given out on the worlds and migrante fleets they protect. Apothecaries give advice on how to remain well, Chaplains give blessings and sermons, Sergeants and Captains listen to and guide planetary leaders, and TechMarines make gentle the Machine Spirits.

Spiritual Beliefs:
Over ten thousand years worship of the sun and fire has evolved into a veneration of the Astronomicon, light, and the glory of human potential. Like most Space Marines the Imperial Sun Battle Brothers do not worship the Emperor as a god, but instead revere him as the source and embodiment of humanity's greatness.

Objective pre-revelation and the ascension of the Tau:
To free humanity from the Xeno and the Traitor. To restore the light of the Emperor through his works.
Objective post-revelation and the ascension of the Tau:
To advance human knowledge by examining the Xeno. To restore the light of invention. To restore the Emperor.

Chapter Motto: By the Emperor's Light! No Glory, save Honor!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:32:57 PM by Konyv »

Offline Friar76

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #305 on: June 25, 2021, 11:17:14 AM »
Name: Borromean Knights
Symbol: The insignia will be a black and white knight head, with red pauldron trim on a cobalt blue background.
Chapter Traits: Born Heroes and Tactical withdrawal, allowing them to continuosly charge back in and out of combat.
Homeworld: The world Ostara.
Background: An Ultramarine successor chapter, they saved their home world Ostara from a demonic invasion led by a corrupted hero of the Imperium. His chosen name was Lord Malleus, but his firstborn name was --REDACTED--. The forces that tried to stop them were all but spent, with 2 true brothers facing off against Malleus at the apex of the final battle for Hive Primus. The captain survived (barely), but his brother, a chaplain, suffered grievous wounds, becoming interred in a dreadnought.

The dreadnought still serves the chapter, and was the sole survivor of the chapter when they faced Malleus in the 41st Millenium. Their homeworld was finally taken by the Forces of Chaos as it lay in the path of the Cicatrix Maledictum. Rumour has it the former Captain, then chapter master, joined the final battle leading an army of the LOTD.

Now almost entirely a primaris chapter, only the 2nd company makes up the first born marines left along with the relic Contemptor Dreadnought Invictus. The rest are Primaris reinforcements.