News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necrons Dynasties  (Read 2220 times)

Offline lperez0817

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Necrons Dynasties
« on: February 22, 2022, 02:16:53 PM »
I have 2400 point army of Necrons prime in black, but I am not sure what colors to choose. I do not wish to be locked in to a Dynasty. I am not sure if it matters.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Necrons Dynasties
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 02:37:38 PM »
I have 2400 point army of Necrons prime in black, but I am not sure what colors to choose. I do not wish to be locked in to a Dynasty. I am not sure if it matters.

Hi Iperez,

Color scheme usually doesn't matter on the tabletop - most people will say play what you'd like. There are some purist players out there who will say that if you paint a color scheme, then it should represent the faction who has those colors - but it's rare that no one would play or give you too much grief about it.

You can always google necron armies and paint tutorials that cover custom schemes on youtube - maybe they might give you some inspiration  :).

Welcome to the forum by the way!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 12:30:17 AM »
My 2 cents. Ive been collecting and painting and playing for 3 decades or so. The one thing you need to think of is that you spent the money to collect your models so paint them the way you want. Mine are blue with gold and silver. I play them as any dynasty i feel like playing. As stated by my friend Myen'Tal, there are some who take this to seriously but i believe the vast majority of people just want to play and show off their armies. So just have fun playing and painting yours. Hope this helps. 8)
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 06:16:39 PM »
It's all up to you. The original GW team was wise enough to leave the door open for people to be creative, I love the Eldar lore, but didn't really connect with the any of the major craftworlds, so I was pumped that I could make my own. For my Necrons, I happened like Sautekh, so it was an easy way to go, but I'm not locked into having to play them as that Dynasty as there is no rule that the colours need to match.

Here's a bunch of different colour schemes for some inspiration.
Necron Paint Schemes (9 Color Motifs and Ideas) - Tangible Day

open up a space in the Projects Blog area on the forums, we all get a kick out of seeing an army progress :)

Offline lperez0817

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 08:40:43 PM »
Thanks

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 06:11:47 AM »
As they said above build a bunch of them buy a few paints that look like what you could do, and do 3/5 test model of more if you need. Trust me, you futur self is going to love you for trying and testing the colors you want on it. Because there is nothing more disappointing and hobby killing than painting a squad, and looking at it with a feeling like you messed up and you don't like it.

So take the time to test :D nécrons are really cool models so take your time.

Also, welcome to the forum :D
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member