News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: can sum1 help me?  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Lord_Dante

• add me to msn, asmodai_@hotmail.com
can sum1 help me?
« on: August 21, 2002, 08:06:31 PM »
yeah umm... i wanna make a necron army...im just a beginner so yeah, anyone got any suggestions of a good necron army?

thanks in advance

~~ lord_dante~~
you will all suffer pain at the hands of the scars of the reaper, successor chapter of the white scars

Offline necron99_2point0

• No one can stop Mr. Roboto!
Re:can sum1 help me?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2002, 09:59:18 PM »
Welcome to our ancient race!

For starters I would recomend picking up 2-3 boxes of warriors. They provide a great backbone and the scarabs that come also with the boxes would be another great choice. From there pick up a squad or two that tickles your fancy like destoyers and tomb spiders. I would recomend to stay away from the C'Tan and the big pyramid of death for higher point games. When I get some more battles under my belt I will be making a Tactica : Necrons. Good luck and above all, have fun!

Necron 99 2.0

Offline SledgeHammer

• Listen to Papa bear's message.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2002, 05:36:46 PM »
Let me tell you some about Necrons. This army is based on ranged fire. Necron Warriors, 24" Gauss Rifle, 12" Rapid fire. This army is so dam hard to kill. Just get a Necron Lord. Then, when you'r warriors "dies", on 4+, they rebuild them selfes (jump up). The Destroyers, Kill tanks with out any problem. Wraiths, really good in close combat. and so on. Get the codex, thats a tip for all Begginers!. Let me tell you about my Army.

--- HQ ---

2 Necron Lords.  Booth with Resurection Orbs. One with Staff of Light, and one with War Schyth (spelling  :-X )

Now, i have  60 Necron warriors.
A lot of scarabs.
3 Wraiths.

This is about 1200p. Now, i've only been playing for a couple of weeks, but still. This is one great army.

Use'em like this. Scarabs, 4" infront of all necron Warriors. This makes it impossible to shoot/charge the Warriors. They have to shoot at the scarabs first, 3 wounds   ::)       And then, try to move, cover to cover with the Wraiths. Do NOT get'em in Line of sight. They only have one wound, so take it carefull. Now, just advance forward with the Scarabs, followed by all your warriors. This is one great, hard and really irretating army to beat. Really funny! Try it! This costs like 180$.
Necron is the cheapest army in the game. So its really smart playing with'em. Have really fun!
"Give me a hundred Space Marines.
Or failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Offline Enygma

• No one can figure out the Enygma
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2002, 06:05:02 PM »
The Idea of screening with scarabs is good, but i generally screen with my tomb spiders.  It's kinda expensive sometimes, but i just have tomb spiders build scarab sworms and then when they get shot at, i allocate the hits to the numerous scarab swarms that have 3 wounds each.  

It works really well, especially when you wanna screen lotsa warriors and pariahs from being smashed.  (I always give my tomb spyders particle projectors too.) even though they have BS2, an AP 3 weapon is still good.
TEXTDiamond
Heh heh heh.

Offline SledgeHammer

• Listen to Papa bear's message.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2002, 12:48:40 PM »
The Idea of screening with scarabs is good, but i generally screen with my tomb spiders.  It's kinda expensive sometimes, but i just have tomb spiders build scarab sworms and then when they get shot at, i allocate the hits to the numerous scarab swarms that have 3 wounds each.  

It works really well, especially when you wanna screen lotsa warriors and pariahs from being smashed.  (I always give my tomb spyders particle projectors too.) even though they have BS2, an AP 3 weapon is still good.
TEXTDiamond

TombSpyders is about 16$ each. But ok, if you have alot of money. Its not a big deal. Dammet....why not me....
"Give me a hundred Space Marines.
Or failing that, give me a thousand other troops."