News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: creating scarabs  (Read 3523 times)

Offline snakeman111

• Yo MAMA!!!
creating scarabs
« on: July 13, 2002, 12:10:01 PM »
When the tomb spyder is creating scarab swarms and it rolls a one does it get to take an armor save? This is what it says in the codex;
"Roll D6 for each swarm produced. On a 1, the spyder takes a wound as it is drained by the energy expenditure."
It doest however say take a wound with no armor save so i think that you would get a save. Just wana see whatcha all think.

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
Re:creating scarabs
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2002, 02:07:01 PM »
Nope...probally just a print error...but no armor save. Recieving an armor save in this case is just not logical in any way.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline high-avatar

• It has come for you
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2002, 02:42:31 PM »
I agree with Tobab how will some metal (even living metal) protect you from losing power?
Everything that has a begining must have an end, I see the end I see the Darkness spreading I see Death.

Offline Lecron

• I will consume all in my path
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2002, 10:15:18 PM »
Ok I figured the sam, no armour saves. But I was curious, how many swarms a turn can it make?

Master Archon

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2002, 09:01:31 PM »
1 i think but then again I do not play Necrons and do not have the codex.  But I am pretty sure they can only make 1 a turn.

Offline Lecron

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2002, 09:10:58 PM »
See I wasn't sure it says they can make a swarm, and that you roll a dice for each swarm created, which made to belive that they could make more then one a turn. Its just so confusing they way they word it. ???  :-\ ???

the_mighty_brain

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2002, 03:28:40 AM »
it's only 1, otherwise you could sit there and have loucky rolls and fill the table with your babies!

Offline Lecron

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2002, 10:02:06 AM »
That would be fun though, just tons of scarabs running around.

Offline warp_spider

• Where did I park my Wave Serpent?
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2002, 12:18:04 PM »
So, if it takes a wound does it do so creating the swarm or instead of creating it?

Callidus

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2002, 05:07:49 PM »
In the Codex it says:
"...Rol D6 fro each swar produced. On a 1, the Spyder takes a wound as it is drained by the energy expenditure."
This makes it seem that the swarm is still produced on a roll of a 1, and that you can make how ever many swarms you want in one turn. I dunno. It would seem a little unfair to the other player, becasue then you would have lots of scarab swarms for free. There are a lot of unclear sentences in this codex, along with many other codexes (codi?). Ask someone at a GW store, they seem to know the rules pretty well.

Offline Tycho

• BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • My 40k Site (still lots to to be done)
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2002, 06:10:49 PM »
the tombspider does not get any armour save if he roles a one
"The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!"

Offline SMiF

• ¬_¬ What are you going to do huh?
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2002, 01:35:03 AM »
I'm just thinking playing wise if you can create as many scarabs as you wish you'd have to buy a lot of warriors!  Since 1 box only have 4 scarab bases. :P

So if I were to make like 40...that's a lot of boxes I'll have to buy! :'(

But when you are creating scarabs from tomb spyders, do you have to add points to the game (ie. point restriction)?
SMiFSoNiaN

Offline snakeman111

• Yo MAMA!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2002, 05:04:05 PM »
You can only make one per tomb spyder and they dont count towards your points restrictions.

Offline Anubis

• Necron Wraiths are sooooooo cool!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2002, 03:34:29 AM »
I thought it read somewhere in the rulings of the Tombspider that it's "A" (= 1) "base" per turn, just before the assault phase.

Just my 2 cents. And a lot of people on the GW messageboard.

Cheers!