News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dread's Anything and everything  (Read 56904 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Dread's Corsair army
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 01:34:38 PM »
Wow excellent, excellent stuff Dread. That Knight with turqouise plating is freaking INCREDIBLE. Such an eye-catching execution on that paint job and the posing is really menacing. The Magos is really nice too, ultra clean execution and super nice weathering on the robes.

Also love the bits my man. Those 2nd ed Eldar bits are my favorite bits of all time.

Anyways great stuff man, awesome to see the new army. Keep it up Dread I love it.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2016, 12:51:02 AM »
Not a lot to update but here is some progress pictures.

"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2016, 07:08:03 AM »
Rockin man. The checkers on the sword are awesome. Love the bright vivid colors they relly really pop while still remaining grimdark. Do you use the purple as the base for the Warplock Bronze?

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2016, 10:42:02 AM »
Nope, just lighter shades of purple. The trim will be silver but the w bronze might look better trim wise. Thanks
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2016, 03:17:46 AM »
I really like the highlight effect on the top one, it looks so natural, somehow. I can't ait to see the other one painted like that too. It looks great!
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2016, 09:15:10 AM »
You've done a really good paint job on the knight.  :)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2016, 05:38:53 PM »
Here's a little update...

I've also been going back to my eldar some. Its always nice that they , GW, gives us so many extras in the kits that sometimes you just wonder what to do with them. Some people ebay or trade but I just hold on to them. Then I get a spark and reserct some old falcon models and get out the mold putty and resin and the next thing ya know, another prism and night spinner.

Also finally bought a void raven kit. Check this, mine that I converted years ago is 7n primer.

Until next time, happy gaming!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2016, 07:18:32 AM »
Damn thats a beastly cohort of Knights man. Like the weathering a lot. Although I think it would be sweet if bases could use some wreckage or debris of some sort. The new red and black Knight is looking particularly imposing.

Thats a huge mess of bikes you got there too! I really need to get a couple more bike kits so I can finish some of my units. I never buy enough at the outset.

The Void Raven thing is really crazy too. I like the longer lances on your converted one a lot more. They gave them stubby little lances on the VR and the Crimson Hunter and I really hate it. While the Void Raven is WAY over priced its actually a pretty decent unit IMO.

Anyway great stuff man and keep rolling with those Eldar!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #28 on: May 2, 2016, 08:03:47 PM »
Thanks as always. Even tho we don't play age of sukmar, I still have a small gaming group that still plays 8th ed fantasy. I still love the models and own several armies. Lately we started a campaign which got my juices flowing so started my conversion for my vamp lord on aabyessal terror. Here's the beginnings.

« Last Edit: May 2, 2016, 08:05:41 PM by Dread »

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #29 on: May 3, 2016, 05:01:26 AM »
I've been looking at how the people behind the Ninth Age have updated Warhammer to see whether it has been made more streamlined.  The army book for Vampire Counts looks quite promising, but I still need to read the core rules.

Speaking of things looking promising, your conversion looks as though it's going to be very good.  I also like the idea of using the female Vampire Lord model in this conversion, as most vampires riding monsters or steeds have tended to be male, based on GW's previous preference for male vampire models.  As a result, this has the potential to be a more original approach.  I'm looking forward to see how this progresses.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #30 on: May 3, 2016, 05:39:08 PM »
Thanks Irisado. We've been talking about 9th age too. Have it downloaded but haven't read much yet.

So here they are as of right now. My conundrum is how to put them on the base. Should I use a coat hanger and drill holes? Use the long tail and Attach it to the side of one of the pedastals? Any suggestions are welcome. I have to do it tomorrow night because she will be in a battle Thursday night.

Also, I have all of the fulcrums from the storm of magic just collecting dust, so great fantasy base material. The new fantasy stuff only comes with round bases so thank goodness I have build your own movement tray left oversaw to use to make what I needed.

A little touch on the base.

And Morganna...

Don't worry, she is magnetized for easy painting.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2016, 05:47:29 PM by Dread »

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 3, 2016, 05:46:32 PM »
I was going to say that you would have a challenge on your hands with the painting until I read your last comment :D.  I'd say that using the long tail to attach it to the side would look rather dramatic, but I'm not expert when it comes to modelling, so I don't know how easy that would be to accomplish.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #32 on: May 3, 2016, 05:55:34 PM »
It would be fairly easy and since the actual model is made to balance on the tail, well you know. However, the altered nid wings make it a bit heavier. I really don't want a black pole jutting up from the base so may go with the tail. Gonna ponder it and finish the rest tonight. I am so amped about this one, been in my head for awhile now. Good to finally get it happening even if it slows my paint and conversion work on corsairs and knights.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2016, 05:57:31 PM by Dread »

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #33 on: May 4, 2016, 07:20:26 AM »
Wow, I don't know what it is... but its legendary! One of these days I'm going to get a fantasy army going the models are just too insane. Fantastic stuff Dread, very ambitious. Can't wait to see it finished!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #34 on: May 4, 2016, 04:43:44 PM »
Thanks. The break down is the Vampires Mortarch kit with hive tyrant wings, bits from the ghouls kit, her body and head is from the coven throne kit and a fulcrum for the base. Its a good thing to hang on to left overs, I have so much from both games, but you know that already. So now i have to get my tired butt in the hobby room and finish the build part. 8)

So I got my butt in there and here is the outcome. Whatcha think?

« Last Edit: May 4, 2016, 07:29:37 PM by Dread »

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 5, 2016, 04:55:13 AM »
That looks really imposing and impressive.  I think that balancing the model on the tail has worked out extremely well.  The coat hanger wire would have looked out of place, so you've definitely made the right decision.

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #36 on: May 6, 2016, 05:00:12 AM »
I cannot but agree. This stuff is awesomesauce!
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #37 on: May 6, 2016, 06:55:32 AM »
Looking awesome buddy. I think you nailed it! What are you gonna do for basing?

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #38 on: May 7, 2016, 12:30:36 AM »
Thanks guys! This is the long and thought out one.

As for the basing, I plan on gravel and stones with some tall grass growing in different spots. Out side the little cave entrance with the ghoul will be variuos bones from his prey and some bloody flesh looking deposits. May even be some other things but I don't want it to get to busy.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2016, 12:03:50 PM »