News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Waaagh Zognutz... Da Blood Axes, Zognutz Irongob's Divishun "Da Deff Swodrun  (Read 23727 times)

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
  • To er is 'umie, to WaaaaaaagH! is divine.
Hello good people of 40konline, I have been a purveyor of gaming forums for a long time and thought it was about time to sign up and get involved.

My first offering comes in the form of my Plog... Space Orks!

I'm a 14 year veteran. I can honestly say there are few armies I haven't played with... infact 2 [dont get picky with all of the different flavours of marines ;) saying that I've collected a fare few of those too] 'Nids and Eldar have never found their way into my life, but I have everything else under my belt.

And what a loose belt that became. So much so that I resolved to sell all of my gaming collections. Moving 3 times in 2 years was the catalyst. I only cared how much I had when it came to moving it all.

Allas I decided to keep one collection and I decide on a new one. One I've never even considered touching with one of those red measuring whippy sticks that end up making more sore legs than ranging measurements XD.

Orks :D

I've played 12 games now, won 9, lost 1, drawn 2. All the time tweaking and changing to suit my style of play. I have missed out... I love them. So satisfying and enjoyable to play and guaranteed laugh out loud randomness.

Now I chose the army but the clan chose me.... I found myself to be a Blood Axe mercenary Kommanda... then that is what they shall be.

Da Blood Axes;
Kommanda Zognutz Irongob's Deff Skwadrun

Zognutz [Zog: to hit/smash/destroy, nutz: below the belt/dishonourable]
Irongob [he has a massive iron gob...]

Without further adoo here is my practice ork to test out my colour scheme;

From my prototype, I will make the trousers grey/black urban cammo and change the torso clothing to black fabric and add some red body paint.

Found this picture which is as close to what I'm planning as I can find;

Note that this is not my ork, its a prize winner from "the-waaagh.com"

Here's the WIP of my warboss;

Hope you likey :D

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:47:38 AM by Zognutz »
Blood Axe Orks W/D/L - 12/3/1

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
I'm here, bellyaching that I dont pick up my paintbrushes and then....

It dawned on me that I've been playing around with plastic for a while....

....look see what I done ;D

[WIP 2 looted boomwagons & Deffrollawagon]

*EDIT* images have been updated [left boomwagon was the "top" one before editing]

Here's my whole 'support' section.

Got 2 boxes of lootas... GW have failed to impress me with a box of 4 lootas and a mek [just what long-range fire support needs... a short-mid range char?]

my koptas [da green baronz] have just had the cybork Nob buzzsaw arm transplanted.

I have summed up my irritation of only getting 4 lootas per box in the medium of conversion... nothing ground breaking, I just stuck all the special weapons I had knocking around together. They blend in with the rest quite well so that's enough for me.

look see :D

Offline KrMaH

• "FOR PONY!!!"
Must say I have enjoyed viewing your orks. They are good painted, your colorscheme looks good, and your conversions are amazing!
I hope you win many a honourable victory during your waaagh! And may gork and mork stay with you!
was it worth it?

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
Got him good and finished! Gonna repaint and base my finished Nob to fit the colour scheme I developed and then make a start on my Big Mek :).

so I present to you;

Zognutz Irongob - Kommanda ov Da Deff Skwodrun - Blood Axe mercenaries

« Last Edit: June 9, 2011, 11:07:28 AM by Zognutz »

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
yeah very nice.  Have you joined the Green Menace yet on the ork boards?  We could always use a guy with your "particular set of skills"...

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
Thanks mate, I have made my presence know on the WotW thread and hope to contribute :D

I've also Updated that first Nob of mine here...

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
smashed out my painboy today... got the day off work, woohoo!

crap phots atm, I'll take some betterones tomorrow whan I'm not drunk! ;)

EDIT*** better pics uploaded

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 02:35:29 AM by Zognutz »

Offline fireborn14

• Ork Boy
  • Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people
that Warboss looks zoggin amazing.

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
The swivel syringe hand replacement is by far the coolest mod I've seen in months!  It screams ork in ways that if an ork could scream ork he would.  And the paint job doesn't suck to boot. 

I would hate to face an army like yours because I would be too distracted looking at all the wicked little things you've done to make your guys unique. 

Offline KrMaH

• "FOR PONY!!!"
I would hate to face an army like yours because I would be too distracted looking at all the wicked little things you've done to make your guys unique.

agreed!
i would be sad to kill those awesome looking things... just the thought of releasing my death company dread on them is... sad...
anyways, as said earlier, awesome paintjob!
really love your greenskin... i wish i have the honour of defeating them one day! :D
was it worth it?

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy

agreed!
i would be sad to kill those awesome looking things... just the thought of releasing my death company dread on them is... sad...
anyways, as said earlier, awesome paintjob!
really love your greenskin... i wish i have the honour of defeating them one day! :D

Funnily enough, my Nobz squad have never entered combat with a death company dead with 2 blood talons without making it go pop...
blood fists on the other hand I wouldn't like to tangle with [instant kill and all that].

Really glad you like them guys :D

here's the WIP on my next offering to the Nobz skwod.

Can't wait to get them finished [I'm doing a tank next >:] WAAAAGH!]

Offline KrMaH

• "FOR PONY!!!"
Funnily enough, my Nobz squad have never entered combat with a death company dead with 2 blood talons without making it go pop...
blood fists on the other hand I wouldn't like to tangle with [instant kill and all that].

did you play against it with its official rules? when they ignore armour saves and reroll to wound? as well as getting extra attacks for every wound caused? :P
was it worth it?

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
yeah, against boys its like a duracel killing machine but the odds don't favour it with 5++'s and needing 4's to hit.

They only do really do 3-4 wounds a round on average, not enough to kill a nob [usually wounding most of them though] then there's the klaw returns [8 @ ST8 (9 if they charge) and 5 hitting on 3's @ ST10].

**Math-hammer

Dread charges;
5 attacks needing 4's to hit = 2.5 hits
2's to wound with a re-roll [lets consider thats all successfully wounded] = 2.5
5++ save = 1.5 wounds

1.5 further attacks = 0.75 hits
practically auto wounding claws :D = 0.75 wounds
5++ save resulting in a less than 50% [0.45] of a further wound.... and that's not being exact. With exact workings [I can't be bothered working it out exactly] it would be slightly less.

I'm not saying that that is what I think will happen, it's what I've found after playing blood angles on a weekly basis... the only unit in my entire army that I am happy to receive a charge from one of those is my Nobz!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 12:26:49 PM by Zognutz »

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
vI've started painting the whole squad, production line style to save a bit of time [not skimping on the effort though ;)]

Here's the rest of Zognutz's squad;

And I've just ordered all the platicard I'll need to build my first Fighta >:]

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Loving all the pics and great conversions :D

What paints do you uses to get you ork skin colour, its alot lighter than mine and I like it.

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
I use a combination of camo green, badab black and bleach bone... nothing complicated [like me ;)]

my paints havent left the cupboard this week because I've made a start on something thats exciting me quite alot.....

....you'll understand why when you see these paper mock ups;

it's a bit ramshackle... but hey! we're orks and I've learnt a few things my doing a card dry run before I make the real thing with plasticard! 'citing! :D

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
tah!

Started on the fighta properly now.

What you can see is the fuselage and both wings.
Once they are constructed and skinned, I'm going to start panelling it with 10/1000" plasticard.

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Looking good, what have you used for the main body?

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
The above picture is made from 10/1000" plasticard, it's quite pliable and bends without snapping... to get the shape right.

I've now skinned it with 30/1000" plasticard for rigidity and added the canopy, fin and intake grill.

I'm dead pleased how this is panning out... just centre fuselage, tailplane and engine block to do :D

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
Just thought I'd leave today's offering,

I've built the right hand centre fuselage out and fitted the right hand main plane.

aslo fitted the nose mounted twinlinked big shoota, slapped on some panels and started to rivet the nose.

the orc is there for scale... hope you likey