News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: StraightSilver's Macragge PDF.  (Read 35559 times)

Offline StraightSilver

Re: StraightSilver's Macragge PDF.
« Reply #40 on: February 5, 2010, 05:23:59 AM »
@ Try: Cool, I hadn't really thought about reposing the legs but now you mention it it seems so obvious! I suspect that they wouldn't be too difficult to do, and for some reason I always end up with absolutely loads of spare left over legs so I will give that a go this weekend. Do you have any pics of yours though, would love to see them?

@Sweord: Cheers, I will try to answer your question as best I can, although it's hard to pin down exactly how long it takes me to paint a figure as I tend to spread my painting out over long periods of inactivity! :)

The easy part to answer is how long I have been painting for.

I started painting 23 years ago, which now sounds like an age! I remember very fondly my first minis though, which were the original RTB01 beaky Mark VI Marines, and a box of the first ever metal Space Orks, which were great minis.

I bought these at Games Day, which then was held at London's Royal Horticultural Centre and was quite a small affair, but it was the year that Rogue Trader was released, and I fell in love with it that day and have never looked back!

I was then lucky enough to begin a long on-off career with Games Workshop which started in about 1989 but continued for about 10 years.

This I would say was the biggest influence on my painting, and I think it shows as I would say I paint very much in the GW style.

The great thing about working with so many different painters as I did then is that you can learn so much in a short space of time. I fully recommend getting together with other painters whenever you can and have painting days, which I still do as you can bounce ideas and techniques off each other, but you will also find yourselves pushing each other to the limit, which is only ever a good thing when it comes to painting.

I would say that my painting is still definitely getting better, and that you never stop learning. New products such as Foundation Paints and washes have dramatically sped up my painting, but they require a change in technique which takes a bit of practice.

And no doubt the greatest thing to happen to the world of painting is the internet! Forums such as this one, Warseer, Work In Progress, Cool Mini Or Not etc have meant that I can look at other people's work (which you can't do any more as WD rarely showcases other people's work and most of the other mini magazines are no longer in circulation), but then I can chat to them about how they went about painting their minis, and pick up tips along the way.

So in summary, although I have been painting for a very long time I don't think you ever stop learning, and I would say that you definitely evolve a certain style, but even this evolves over time and is not set in stone.

My plans for the future are to learn some newer, more advanced techniques such as NMM, Zenithal Highlighting, OSL to name a few, but also to increase the speed at which I paint so that I can get more projects finished.

Which leads nicely into your other question.

I would say that I probably spend about 5-10 hours per figure, but this time is coming down as new products are introduced. This army for example is taking roughly 3-5 hours per figure, which for Guard is a massive improvement.

This is mainly due to the Foundation Paints and washes. I used to use a minimum of 7 paint layers per figure to give me nice graduated layering, but this obviously takes ages. With washed and Foundation Paints I have got this down to 4 layers, which again makes a massive difference.

The biggest problem I have is that I find certain aspects of painting a bit dull, and have to force myself through them. I don't really start enjoying painting a figure until I get to the final highlight stages whch means that it feels a bit too much like "work" rather than a hobby if you know what I mean?

By cutting down on the painting stages though this is improving, and I am finding the motivation to paint easier to find.

However I find it best to just paint for maybe a couple of hour a night 3-4 days a week, and chuck in the odd all dayer once or twice a month otherwise I get bored, but I also have to unfortunately juggle work, girlfriend etc too which always gets in the way of my hobby!  ::)

Although I have been painting for ages though I still have yet to finish an army!!! The closest I have probabaly got is my Cadian IG army, which took 4 years to do and still is only about 90% finished.

I also have an ongoing Ultramarine and Black Templar army that need some attention, as well as my Macragge PDF.

The PDF will I hope be the first army I complete, and I plan to have them done my August this year, which means a 1500pt Guard army painted in 10 months, which for me is very fast.

Right now though I have set myself 250pts a month to paint, which I seem to be sticking to just about.

Sorry for the long post too btw, it's a slow day at work and I was feeling all nostalgic.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2010, 05:36:36 AM by Chris Parsons »
Dig in, and wait for winter.

Offline Artcore

• "It's such a fine line between stupid and clever"
    • My jazz combo: Starlight Jazz Trio
  • Armies: Ultra Marines
« Reply #41 on: February 5, 2010, 06:08:20 AM »
Nice post, Chris. Not too long at all :)

You say the new foundations and washes have changed and sped up your painting. Can you share some ways you use them for? Because I noticed you don't use the blue foundation paint for your ultra blue. Do you dilute your washes? Do you use washes to shade the 'white' clothes of your PDF Guard?

Another question: I recently bought the Ultra Brass Etch (wonderful stuff!) for my UltraMarines and the guy at the FW stand said you can either basecoat them and paint them, or attach them after finishing the model and only get them some shade. I see you chose the first option. Why?

Offline Markay

• Lieutenant Colonel | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #42 on: February 5, 2010, 06:24:33 AM »
Great stuff so far, really cool project. Loving the use of bits, greenstuffing and painting. It's like a complete package! ;)

The command models are looking particularly nice.

Offline StraightSilver

« Reply #43 on: February 5, 2010, 07:29:21 AM »
Cheers iMarkay, I am looking forward to painting the command squads, probabaly because I can spend more time on them as they are smaller units, but also because I enjoyed putting them together (when I wasn't screaming at the greenstuff or the brass etch that is!).

Hi Artcore, should mention I have been looking at your Ultras this week again too, and you have got loads done! They're looking ace as well.

Ok I'll talk about the brass etch first as that's easiest.

FW Brass Etch is fantastic, and has really meant that this project is a lot easier, but I won't lie using the stuff can sometimes be problematic on smaller figures like these.

On flat surfaces they are a dream, and will stick with no problem whatsoever, although sometimes this isn't a good thing. I often like to reposition things whilst the glue dries so that I can make sure things are straight or in the right place, but this is sometimes tricky as for some reason brass etch will stick to plastic almost instantly! You'll notice a couple of my aquillas aren't quite straight.....

I use superglue wiht a brush applicator, put a very thin layer on the model and then use tweezers to place the etch.

However I can't stress enough, dry fit first! In other words have a go at placing the etch before you glue it, to check it fits etc.

On curved surfaces though they can be a bit of a nightmare. I have found that gently bending them onto the model before gluing helps, but you may also find that you will need to bend it a bit more for a snug fit once you have glued it in place.

I haven't had any break on me yet, they do seem to be quite bendy.

I use the blunt end of a needle file to bend it in place on the model as my fingers are just too squishy! You have to be careful not to to scratch it though, although once painted you probably wouldn't notice.

And that brings me onto "too paint or not to paint".

I personally will always paint brass etch, but I know people who leave it as it is.

My reasons for this are that I won't always want them brass coloured (the Ultras Symbols as an example will often be white), but also because unpainted they will not cath the light in the same way as the rest of the model, and will need to be highlighted up to the same level.

But the other reason is that brass etch is made of brass, and brass discolours when in contact with air. It also discolours when touched, as the grease on your fingers leaves marks on the brass which then turns it dark brown, or the air will eventually cause verdigris over time.

Varnishing will prevent this, but matt varnish will spoil the lustre of the metal so I prefer to seal it with undercoat and then paint it.

The only place I would not paint brass etch is on a display base, as it looks more professional, and can be polished with brass polish to prevent discolouration.

Ok and then a little bit about Foundation Paints and Washes.

I should explain first that about 10 years ago I stopped using inks, full stop, and never went back.

The problem with inks is that they are unpredictabe, messy and dry with a semi gloss finish which was something I don't like. But it was more the unpredictable nature of them that put me off, hours of work could be spoilt by an ink wash going wrong.

Inks also needed flow mediums added to them and gravity to give the effect you wanted, meaning that figures had to be left in weird position to allow the ink to dry properly, and could take ages.

So I shunned inks and developed my layering and blending skills, meaning that I could achieve the same (sometimes better) effect without having to worry about the unpredictable and uncontrollable nature of washes.

I say this because this style of painting has defined the way I paint for a long time, and I had got a bit stuck in my ways.

This method would involve layering up layers of colour over a black undercoat, using progressively lighter shades to add depth, definition ad highlighting.

I use a black undercoat because I hate black lining on a white undercoat, so it is actually quicker in the long run.

However some colours, like blues, greens, greys would go over a black undercoat very easily, but lighter colours such a syellows, cream, white would take an age.

To give you an example of the way I used to paint if I were to paint my Macragge PDF's fatigues as they are now it would be a s follows:

Black Undercoat.
Paint fatigues Scorched Brown as this goes over black easily and forms a good base colour
Then a paint fatigues Bestial Brown over this.
50:50 mix of Bestial Brown:Snakebite Leather layered.
A layer of Snakebite Leather over this.
50:50 mix Snakebite Leather:Bleached Bone
Bleached Bone
Then highlight by ading Bleached Bone and Skull White

As you can see 7 layers of paint, carefully applied which takes ages.

Then GW released their washed and that all changed!!  ;D

GW washes are not inks, but in fact paint washes. This means that they dry matt, but are also much easier to control, need no flow mediums added, and can be mixed with other oaints to create glazes and new washes.

The only thing I have learnt the hard way though is that this means they dry like paints not like inks. Inks contain ethanol, and will evapourite completely over time leaving just the pigment on the model, meaning you can slap them on with no fear of obscuring detail.

Washes however don't do this, so if you slap them on they can dry and block out detail areas, so be aware of this.

However they are very easy to control and mean that you can add shading to a model in one wash, that removes several of the steps mentioned above.

The same fatigues are now painted as follows:

Black undercoat.
Paint fatigues Dheneb Stone
Apply thinned down wash of Gryphonne Sepia (just add water)
Paint fatigues Kommando Khaki
Layer with Bleached Bone
Glaze with 70:30 mix of Komando Khaki:Gryphonne Sepia (Glaze is just a very, very thinned down paint) to blend layering
Highlight with Bleached Bone, then add a bit Skull White to the Bleached Bone to add final highlights.

OK so it's still 7 layers, but the Dheneb Stone I slap on with a tank brush (no really! ;)), and the washes take seconds.

This method has drastically sped up my painting.

And the only reason Ihaven't used the Foundation Paints on the blue is that they were not available when I started my Ultramarines, so I used Regal Blue as a Base Colour for them which is quite different from Mordian Blue.

Because I want my Macragge PDF to tie in with my Ultras I have stuck to the same scheme, but if I was starting from scratch again I would have used the Foundation Paints.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2010, 08:46:21 AM by Chris Parsons »

Offline Artcore

« Reply #44 on: February 5, 2010, 07:54:08 AM »
Thanks for all the tips Chris.

About the Brass Etch: I plan to use the bigger 'plates' with text on them on my tanks. Don't you think the text might 'disappear' when you paint it with 4+ layers? I'm a bit afraid to loose detail because it's so detailed (?) if you know what I mean.
I already noticed the Brass Etch is very hard to re-position once the parts and glue touch... weird stuff.

For my Ultra's I've used Mordian Blue for most of my models but actually it's not dark enough for a foundation color. So I used Black Wash for recesses and Blue Wash on the whole blue area and then going to Ultramarines Blue. But now I'm trying to start with 50/50 Regal/Ultra, apply Black Wash in recesses and then build it up to pure Ultra; then highlight with Ultra/White. Hope it works, I'll post the results.

You're right about the old inks; they sucked! It's good to hear that a long time painter like you still switches his methods and techniques. Lots of people find something that works and then act like it's the word of God :)

Offline StraightSilver

« Reply #45 on: February 5, 2010, 09:13:14 AM »
Hi Artcore,

I know the plates you mean, they are lovely, I've been saving them up until now for my Command Vehicles.

I do agree that the detail on the Brass Etch is very fine, and you do need to be careful not to obscure it.

On Vehicles I plan to put them on towards the end of painting.

This is because my vehicles get a couple of layers of heavy drybrushing which I think you are right, will destroy the lettering.

I would put them on before the final highlighting, so that any mistakes with glue can be retouched with the base colour.

To be honest, if you just wanted them to look gold I would paint them very carefully in a thin layer of Mithril Silver, go over this with a thin layer of Burnshed Gold and then apply a thinned down wash of either Ogryn Flesh or Gryphone Sepia, depending on how red you want you gold.

The wash will pick out the lettering nicely, and you can then highlight around it if you need to. But I do agree, the detailing is very fine, so definitely thin layers of paint.

And your new method for Ultras will definitely work, as it's almost identical to the way I paint mine.

I paint them Regal Blue.

Then apply Badab Black into the deepest recesses, such as armour joints etc.

I then paint them straight Ultramarines Blue all over, leaving some of the darker colour still in the recesses.

I then glaze the deepest recesses with Regal Blue, which tones down the black and blends the Ultramarine and Regal Blue in the recesses together.

I then touch up any messy areas with thinned down Ultramarines BLue, and then highlight by adding Skull White to Ultramarines Blue.

It sounds really weird, but using this method your Marines will look way too light until you start mixing Skull White into the Ultramarines Blue for the highlighting. Highlighting them actually makes the armour look a darker, deeper blue for some reason.

And as for changing techniques, although I do tend to stick with "what I know" a lot of the time, I guess the only way to learn and improve is to try new things. As mini painting gets more and more popular, which it seems to be more and more products are coming onto the market, and I think you have to try them out and work with them, they certainly can make life a lot easier.

I have to say though that there is a lot of trial and error involved with new things, so I often practice first on spare bits, but I also probably spend just as much time painting figures in my head as I do actual minis. I think for ages about how I will approach certain areas, and in what order too.

Good luck with the new method on the Ultras, I'll keep an eye on your blog.  :)
« Last Edit: February 5, 2010, 09:20:46 AM by Chris Parsons »

Offline Artcore

« Reply #46 on: February 5, 2010, 11:20:39 AM »
To be honest, if you just wanted them to look gold I would paint them very carefully in a thin layer of Mithril Silver, go over this with a thin layer of Burnshed Gold

Why first silver and then gold? Normally we start with darker tones right?

And your new method for Ultras will definitely work, as it's almost identical to the way I paint mine.

Guess who gave me that idea? :)

I also probably spend just as much time painting figures in my head as I do actual minis.

I have the same on a different area: jazz music. Lying awake for hours at night thinking how that phrase could be better or how that tune would work with a certain band... funny stuff.

Thanks for all the tips and keep on painting!  8)

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #47 on: February 6, 2010, 10:43:02 AM »
@ Try: Cool, I hadn't really thought about reposing the legs but now you mention it it seems so obvious! I suspect that they wouldn't be too difficult to do, and for some reason I always end up with absolutely loads of spare left over legs so I will give that a go this weekend. Do you have any pics of yours though, would love to see them?

As requested, some pictures of my not yet finished stormies (showing running poses):

I hope you can 'suck some honey' from these. The conversion isn't too difficult. You just have to be patient and precise but I'm certain you'll be able to do it.

:)
« Last Edit: February 6, 2010, 11:50:12 AM by good ol' tryanotherone »
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Sweord

« Reply #48 on: February 6, 2010, 01:36:32 PM »
The biggest problem I have is that I find certain aspects of painting a bit dull, and have to force myself through them. I don't really start enjoying painting a figure until I get to the final highlight stages which means that it feels a bit too much like "work" rather than a hobby if you know what I mean?

I know, I enjoy painting so much, but sometimes trying to get half a squad of twenty Orks done in one night gets boring, I've started to slow down my painting, and do them in steps, so it's less boring, and I look forward to painting them each night.

Sorry for the long post too btw, it's a slow day at work and I was feeling all nostalgic.

Like Artcore said, it's not too long.  :D That was actually a very informative answer, so I don't care how long it is.  :)

Offline StraightSilver

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2010, 07:23:52 AM »
Hi guys,

Well I know this thread has been very quiet, but I wanted to just let everyone know that this project is still up and running, albeit rather slowly.

I have some more painting to show you, but as ever it is still very much work in progress.

I wanted to get my HQ painted up for a couple of reasons. One because I really enjoyed putting them together, and two because then with 1 HQ and 2 Troops I would have a playable army.

The plan is to get the HQ finished and then go back and finish off everything else before doing any more.

That's the plan of course, but we all know what they say about plans....

Anyway, here's some new pics, please excuse the quality of the photos, I have cahnged the settings somehow on the camera and can't seem to put them back! Doh!!

Colonel Iron Hand Straken:

I had to take his shotgun off (it kept faling off anyway!) to paint him, but it is nearly ready to get put back on which will balance him out a bit more.

Still a fair bit left to do, but he is getting there. Also used him for the first time in a game last week, and he rocked!!

Astartes Fleet Liaison Officer Lt. Varras:

So of course Space Marines don't have access to the Imperial Navy thanks to the Horus Heresy, which means that it's unlikely their own PDF forces would get Navy support either. However the Adeptus Astartes do maintain their own Strike Cruisers, so I felt if I wanted to field an Officer of the Fleet then I shouldn't use the Imperial navy model, but something more Marine like.

Thankfully I still have my old Battle for Macragge set so I have used Lt. Varras, and I am quite pleased tbh. Still not finished, but close.

Chaplain Caustus Dan Glokta:

The next fluff problem came with Priests. I obviously cannot expect support from the Ecclesiarchy, as Space Marines do not recognise the Emperor as a God, it would be unlikely that they would encourage their subjects to either. That isn't to say that they wouldn't allow it, just that their fighting forces probably follow something closer to their Astartes Brethren.

However Priests in an IG army are too tempting not to take, so I decided that I would assign Chaplains to my army instead.

These "counts as" Priests follow similar design themes to SM Chaplains, such as skulls, bones etc, as well as dressing in predominantly black.

A cookie for anyone that gets the name reference for this chap too, the scarred up toothless face is a clue!

Hardened Veteran Test:

Ok so the Command Squad has hardened Vets rather than standard Guardsmen, which gave me an opportunity to try out my colour scheme idea.

According to the Codex Astartes Veterans are drawn from the 1st Company and have white helmets and a white stripe on their right shoulder guard so...

He's obviously not finished yet, but you get the idea. I can only say this - I NEVER WANT TO PAINT WHITE AGAIN!! Although it has turned out pretty much how I wanted it to painting the white helmet and chest eagle was a pain in the backside, and took far too long to do.

I only had to paint 4 vets for this squad, and only 3 of them are wearing helmets, but they took long enough! I am not looking forward to painting 20 Vets for the army later on. I may have to leave a fair few of them bare headed.

Command Squad so far:

Well that's it so far. I am getting there, slower than most but to be honest pretty quickly for me. I have done 40 figs and a tank in 5 months, which isn't too bad. Admittedly none of them are 100% finished, but they're not far off.

I will post finished pics of everything soon hopefully, and next month I only have 1 model to paint. Straken's Vendetta, which should be fun.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:42:29 AM by Chris Parsons »

Offline Raukov

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2010, 10:19:54 AM »
Looks sweet man. Digging the Vets. Does the Chaplain have a handle on the side of his eviscorator for his other hand to grab? Could get pretty messy if he didn't

Offline lijah_cuu

• Best Painted Hellhound; Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2010, 02:22:30 PM »
The Chaplain is for the Joe Abercrombie books!

Stunning work as always mate!!

Offline StraightSilver

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 05:32:40 AM »
Cheers Raukov, the Chaplain's Eviscerator doesn't actually have a handle (although the model had one so I could have left it), but he doesn't need it 'cos he likes it messy!!  ;D

And lijah_cuu I will give you a cookie on Saturday!! My Chaplain is indeed based on the character Glokta from the Book of the First Law by Joe Abercrombie!

I saw that scarred up bald head with only one tooth on the flagellant sprue and thought it was too much like Glokta's description to pass up on it!

I think the only problem with naming my chaplain/priest Glokta is that he not only has to wee sitting down, but also can't get up stairs!! So maybe I should halve all my difficult terrain rolls for him, unless the ruin he is entering has a chair in it!  ;D

Offline kototama

• There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2010, 03:48:36 PM »
And lijah_cuu I will give you a cookie on Saturday!! My Chaplain is indeed based on the character Glokta from the Book of the First Law by Joe Abercrombie!

So what have you got lined up for the bloody-nine? the FW ogryn throttling the DKK guardsman comes to mind......hmm....I can imagine Jezel as a commissar as well, maybe Bayaz as an astropath...

Offline Semaj_14

• "I don't need Luck, I have Flamers!"
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
Lookin amazing as always. Ive got a friend who paints better than everyone I know personally and He absolutely hates painting white. =P
"Through the Fires of battle Unto the Anvil of war!"

"When In doubt Just add More Melta!"

Offline StraightSilver

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2010, 09:15:47 AM »
Hi Guys,

Well it's been a while, and I have to admit to my usual slackness!

I had a great start to the year, 5-6 months of fairly solid painting and then for whatever reason I simply stopped. It might be "painting fatigue", or just real life issues which have caused this.

I find I have to really push myself to paint, bizarrely I love the end result but hate the actual painting side of things. Plus at the start of the year I had motivation to paint as I was taking part in a tale of four gamers style challenge, which once again I failed to finish.

However the project isn't dead by any means, and this week I have been assembling the rest of the army ready for painting.

Unfortunately I have lost the charger for the camera, so don't have many pics to upload, but hope to sort this out over the weekend.

So I have assembled a few things which I haven't posted pics of yet.

First up is my Manticore.

Guilliman pattern Manticore

Firing Position

Travel Position

I have to confess that this was completed a little while ago but I hadn't gotten around to putting up any photos. I typically finished this about two weeks before the new GW one came out, but to be honest I think this one fits in better with the rest of my army, even though I do love the new one.

I also have started on Straken's Vendetta.

These are also prety old photos. So old in fact that I have almost painted the Vendetta now, but as mentioned haven't had a camera to get any photos. I do have a couple of shots of it in action though.

Not the best photos ever, also some painful memories of Straken and his Vendetta getting toasted by scarab swarms! :)

Although it doesn't look like I have done a great deal I have assembled two more Chimeras, making the army so far fully mechanised, and I have started on my first squad of melta vets.

After that I have to assemble another squad of vets and two Valkyries and the army is all assembled. I have all of next week off work and 2 weeks in October so I reckon the army should be finished by the end of the year.

That's 1500pts of Guard painted in 12 months, which might sound slow but considering it took me 4 years (!!) to paint the same amount of cadians I don't think I have done too bad.

As always cheers for looking, C and C always appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:32:30 AM by Chris Parsons »

Offline lijah_cuu

• Best Painted Hellhound; Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2010, 04:38:32 AM »
Good work fella!!
I finally got round to picking up a paintbrush again last night and for once, didn't make a complete mess of it!!! Im about 80% done on the 3rd chimera and still have the final heavy weapons team and the junior officer to finish off .

My forgeworld order turned up yesterday which is pretty good as I only ordered it the day before and thats with just the normal postage! The Valdor looks like it will hardly need any fiddling with and the termies and LR doors just needed a little bit of flash removal. Odd thing - The termies were made in China and look more like 'normal' gw plastic than resin.
I also sat down and put the LR together last night - will pop some pics up later and im just trying to get hold of some combi plasmas and meltas from ebay before I put the termies together.

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2010, 04:21:28 PM »
Wow one of the best IG army I've ever seen, a lot of conversions, paintjob is flawless.

Love the Iron hand Staken, kind of simple but catches a lot of attention, the model is truly awesome. The vetarans are so amazing, I mean they're pretty normal soldiers, but they look exceptional.

I could continue talking like this, but in short: I see a lot of exceptional models, th entire army is pure eyecandy, I would probably feel bad about killing them lol. (meaning they have to get off the battlfield : (, I might let you win for the pure sake of seeing these guys kick ass)
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline StraightSilver

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2011, 10:50:17 AM »
Hi everybody,

well once again I have been very slack at keeping this plog up to date, so apologies for that.

Cheers for all the positive comments though, I am still soldiering on though, pardon the pun.

I have been working on the PDF though, although not as much as I had hoped to.

Here is the army so far, up to 1500pts just about.

And then some more work on the Manticore:

Unfortunately I have yet to completely finish anything, mainly because I have been getting everything assembled and base coated so I can game with them.

However I am slowly going back through and finishing units now. I hope to have the army finished by April as I want to take it to Throne of Skulls.

Cheers for looking, I have some more pics to show but didn't want to overload everybody. :)

Offline Fugitive

• Major, Best Painted Sentinel
  • Tuseday is soylent green day.
    • my portfolio
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2011, 11:36:42 AM »
Wow, I thought you didn't have any more of the old style chimeras. Looks great. The army seems to be coming along nicely.

Now a couple of questions:

What's the tank in the top left corner of the first pic? Any close ups?
Have you painted the guys with reposed legs yet? I'm curious to see how those turned out as well as the Creed conversion.

Keep up the great work. Slow and steady wins the day.  :P

I survived the "CoC Crackdown".