News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 'Ard Boyz list.  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
'Ard Boyz list.
« on: July 25, 2011, 02:16:50 PM »
Still quite a few models short, but before I start I wanted to have the list checked.

HQ's
Cotaez

Ordo Xenos
-Psyker and F.Sword
-Digital
-Rad and Psyk Grenades
-Needle Pistol
-Power Armor

ELITES
Vindicaire

Venerable w/ TL heavy flamer, flamer instead of storm, psyflame and extra armor

TROOPS
Squad 1 and 2
-10 DCA
-2 Accolytes, (2 melta bombs, 1 meltagun)
Both in a LRC w/ Multi-melta

Squad 3 and 4
-7 Psykers
-1 Accolyte w/ metla bomb and meltagun

Squad 5
-2 Jokaero
-5 Accolyte w/ storm bolter and power armor (1 melta bomb)
In a Chimera w/ two heavy bolters

Squad 6
-8 DCA
-2 Crusader
-2 Accolyte (2 metlagun, 1 melta bomb)
Ride in a Stormraven w/ TL m.melta and TL las, extra armor.

HEAVY
Psyfleman Dread

Cotaez will ride with the gunline jokaero squad 5,  for a mobile base, but everything else is charge and assault.  The Xenos Inq will ride in Squad 1.  I'm not sure on some of the options.  Like the xtra armor on the dread and the raven.  I had the points left over so I went for it.  As for the meltaguns and melta bombs on all my troop squads, I want to be ready in case they are attacked by a vehicle.  I don't want to take the chance of my DCA's getting stuck in with a DCCW or some other fate.  Plus it gives me yet another chance to pop armor besides the Raven, the pskers, the jakaeros, or the LR multimeltas.

I have 2 fast attack slots and one elite slot open.  So if I can shave enough points I could go with another storm raven (A lot of shaving).  I thought of going two storm ravens for my squad's 1 and 2 instead of the LRC's, but I wanted the staying power over the firepower.  Plus I have the LRC's already and I don't feel like (have no conceivable monetary way) buying two more of them.

Offline High Grandmaster smithmyster666 of the Grey Knights

• Strike from the skies brothers!!!
Re: 'Ard Boyz list.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 05:29:24 PM »
not sure about the extra armour, i mean, you have fortitude, i dont see it as being really neccassary. for those points you could give the storm raven hurricane bolters, which will give it a lot of versatility.

other than that good luck, as i beleive a henchman army will need it
From the skies we rain, as the emperors fist we strike against our foes, until all blood be it alien, heretic or mutant is spilled. we will not rest until the galaxy is cleansed free of these monstrosities and we hold these worlds in the name of humanity and its immortal emperor.

Offline DutchSage

• Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »
Just two quick remarks:

1. Why not make the psyker squads 8 strong + 1 acolyte so you get the S10 template?

2. If you are going to put Coteaz with squad 5 I would recommend taking along 3 Servitors with Multi-melta's.

This is 50 additional points, I'd recommend shaving these by removing the Needle Pistol from the Xenos Inq and removing the Extra Armour.

- Goodluck
"Take my advice, I don't use it anyway"

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 09:16:48 AM »
just did a quick reread of the rules.  I had the xtra armor on the raven in case it turbo boosted and had a crew stunned.  I though that would wreck it, but it only wrecks on an immobilize so I'll drop the extra armor from there. As for fortitude, does that take up the movement phase? Or is it done at the beginning of the movement phase and if succesful I can move the model?  I'll drop it there if that's the case.  I need my LRC's moving forward so I don't want any pot shots slowing them down.

The psychers are really only to drop the AP to 1.  Sure an 8th would make it str 10, but I like what the 7 do.  I get 1 less str, and save 10 points.  Plus with the amount of las and multi meltas in the list plus the volume of meltagun/bombs I'm not sure that the str 10 is completely necessary over the str 9.  It shaves points. 

As for the needle pistol, it gives me an assault weapon to shoot prior to the charge other than the meltas and gives the Xenos an additional CC attack.  The Inq is low toughness and not eternal warrior.  He also has a ton of toys that make combat annoying.  I need to clean sweep his target in CC before they get attack backs.  His psykotropes will help, but it only takes one p.fist held to the end to finish him, and not that one attack makes that big of a difference, but it could. 

Having said all that, if I were to drop the armors, and the needler, then I have 60 points to burn.  I could easily add the two extra psychers but what do I do with the other points?

Also, why does a henchmen list need luck?  Ignoring that in a dice based game any army needs luck, but I see a list that has plenty of options as far as anti-mech, anti-armor and anti-infantry.  Is this actually a bad list to attempt at 'ard boyz?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 09:18:27 AM by Jack_Merridew »

Offline High Grandmaster smithmyster666 of the Grey Knights

• Strike from the skies brothers!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 11:21:09 AM »
yes, fortitude is done at the start of the movement phase and allows you to use the vehicle as if it had never received crew shaken or stunned. with ld10 its an easy pass so its no problem

your list will need luck as anti-transport weapons and AP5 weapons are in abundance, meaning when the tin cans go, the contents are going to get meat blasted. + with the amount of bolter grade weapons out there, your henchman are going to get killed pretty sharpish, which is why kamazov is such a useful combo alongside coatez.

with me personally playing the diametric opposite (paladin heavy GK) i find that the 2+ save makes a world of difference, as does the fact that they have 2 wounds keeps them going for a lot longer vs most firepower.

you should expect: transport/plas melta veteran heavy IG, storm raven spam BA, GK of many breeds (because our codex has a near limitless group of effective builds), thundercheese cavalry SW and Land raider spam BA. these seem to be the norm at the moment, ao making sure your list can deal with each of these accordingly would be the best thing to go for.
From the skies we rain, as the emperors fist we strike against our foes, until all blood be it alien, heretic or mutant is spilled. we will not rest until the galaxy is cleansed free of these monstrosities and we hold these worlds in the name of humanity and its immortal emperor.

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 11:37:01 AM »
I think I can handle most of that.  I can pop vet chimeras just as easy as they can pop mine, and I have the better unit inside I think with the DCA's.  As for ravenspam...well, Hopefully I'll go first or have coteaz help steal it.  Pop his birds before they can pillage my lines. 

My theory is that I don't have a deathstar, but I have three mini stars.  Both LRC's and the Raven.  Both with uber killy CC units inside.  I'm hoping that even at a loss of one the others or at least one other will be able to make the difference up.  As to thundercheeze, I worry about the runepriest definately, but the cav I think the DCA spam can handle it.  Especially if it's the Xenos squad that gets them with his psyko and rad grenades. 

I am worried about other GK lists, as Sanctuary will be just a pain to deal with, as well as other DCA squads to go against.  I'm actually really worried about Deldar as well since they go at a higher initiative and can week out my squad before the attack, and with thier 4++ on whiches to my 5++ it's in thier favor.