News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Revised Inquitor force  (Read 515 times)

Offline Sergant Alexi

• Its a funny world
Revised Inquitor force
« on: October 5, 2007, 03:09:43 PM »
Inquistor Lord
Power Sword
Psycannon Bolts
Storm Bolter

3 heavy bolter servitors

3 sages

Elites

3 deathcult assasints 120 pts
Callidus assasin         120 pts

Troops

Stormtroopers 10 with vetren Chimera with 2 heavy bolters and 2 grenade launchers 215
Stormtroopers 10 with vetren Chimera with 2 heavy bolters and 2 grenade launchers 215
Stormtroopers 10 with vetren Chimera with 2 heavy bolters and 2 meltas 215
Stormtroopers 10 with vetren Chimera with 2 heavy bolters and 2 meltas 215
Stormtroopers 10 with vetren Chimera with 2 heavy bolters and 2 plasmas 215
Gari Fireguard 12th Company
500 pts
W/D/L
-

Last Game
-

Offline Inquisitor Malak

Re: Revised Inquitor force
« Reply #1 on: October 5, 2007, 08:50:27 PM »
Couple of problems I can see;

You need more long-range anti-tank. I would suggest two Infantry Platoons, consisting of two Infantry squads with a lascannon each, and the Command squad with a lascannon. That then allows you to take a fire support LR; the tri-heavy bolter setup is the most effective, given the BS3 of the gunners. Autocannon Sentinels would also compliment your Stormtroopers well, providing some mobile anti-skimmer weaponry.

If you want lethal assaulters, I would suggest swapping out the Callidus for an Eversor. He can kill anything in close-combat and the Deathcultists will back him up against hordes (his only real weakness).

I would suggest turning your Inquisitor into a good static firebase type. In the following configuration, he'll help prevent your lascannon firebases from being swamped by hordes, while retaining a plasma cannon to deter Terminators and MeQ's;

Inquisitor Lord, psycannon, auspex
2 x heavy bolter servitors, plasma cannon servitor
2 x Sages, Mystic
(198 points)

I would make the Chimera teams cheaper. Given their crappy BS3, dual heavy flamers are more efficient (because you'll be closing to that range when you drop off the troops). You'll want smoke launchers (so you don't get lascannoned en route). Stormtroopers are at their best shooting, so to make them more flexible I would equip them with a meltagun and plasma gun each. Also, I would suggest making the teams small, so you don't lose 200 points when one Chimera gets railgunned. Something along these lines;

6 x IST's, meltagun, plasma gun
Chimera, heavy flamer, hull heavy flamer, smoke launchers
(168 points)

posted by Locarno;

Lamenters are supposed to use modified Blood Angels gene-seed (modified to take out the extreme angryness, but somehow replacing it with a defective karma gene)

Offline CaptainReindeer

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: October 6, 2007, 08:32:50 AM »
I agree with some of what's been said - you're seriously lacking in anti-tank, and the suggested Inquisitor configuration is better than what you have (personally I think the psycannon is too expensive for what you get, and I just give my inq a plain old bolter - but the psycannon is still perfectly workable option). Also, I agree that smaller IST squads work better...

I disagree on the assassins... It's just not effective to have that many points in non-scoring units - take either the Deathcults or a temple assassin (doesn't really matter which one, they're all pretty good), but not both.

Also, I disagree on the IST equipment - better not to mix plasmsa guns and meltaguns... They have different uses, and putting them both in one squad means there's always one that isn't being used efficiently. Better to keep the same type together. And Plasma and Melta are both generally better than GLs so replace the GLs...

Offline Sergant Alexi

• Its a funny world
« Reply #3 on: October 6, 2007, 10:08:30 AM »
As I spend a lot of points on non scoring units thats the reason for large squads so that squads will last a long time.  Heavy bolters are good anti tank if any chimera gets round the back of any tank.  Its safe to say its wasted.
Gari Fireguard 12th Company
500 pts
W/D/L
-

Last Game
-

Offline Major. Witham

• Major
  • 'Sound off like you got a pair!'
« Reply #4 on: October 6, 2007, 10:52:40 AM »
Chimeras getting rear armour hits on enemy tanks almost never happens and is a waste of a perfectly good Chimera. You also have to consider that your Chimeras should be either a) Laying down long range covering fire - something they cant do if they are desperately trying to outflank enemy tanks - or b) Transporting your troops to objectives - again not possible if you are trying to outflank the enemy tanks.

Dont bring a knife to a gun fight - invest in some decent anti-tank weaponry.

Space Marine allies are for my money the best solution. You could get guards, but this equates to purchasing 10 Guards simply to get yourself one lascannon. Five Marines with a lascannon will cost you only slightly more, but there are infinately more resistant than the guards and have a much better chance of hitting the target.

Likewise lascannon Sentinels are one solution, but for an extra 10pts you can get a Marine landspeeder with a multi-melta - its not open topped, if youre smart your opponant can only get glancing hits, youre a better shot, youre faster, and ultimately at 12" the multi-melta is a much better weapon than the lascannon.

Additionally marines allow you access to the Predator with its twin-linked lascannons and lascannon sponsons, or even the anti-tank Dreadnought.

Failing that consider the 5 man Storm Trooper squad with two meltas in a Rhino.   
"Sir! Looks like were surrounded!"

"Were Drop Troops soldier - Were supposed to be surrounded!"