News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Awaken the machine...which machine?  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Awaken the machine...which machine?
« on: July 31, 2014, 04:36:30 PM »
Which vehicles would you use our tech priest's new power on?  Me personally, I'd use them on our fliers.  I think that would see the best use of it.

Offline ranger_scout

• For the Emperor and the Imperium!
Re: Awaken the machine...which machine?
« Reply #1 on: August 4, 2014, 07:18:11 PM »
It is not that great in that use as you cant rely on being in range with a flyer.

Russes are good as you can fire ordinance at full BS then fire the HB or las cannon if your spending the points.  Same thing for the arty guys getting your extra shots from secondary guns.   It is good but I don't think that useful. 

Depending on the player/wording it would be good on the deathstirke to let it fire turn 1 or 2 or after it moved.

Offline Dangerousdave0042

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Blood Angels and Tyranids
« Reply #2 on: August 5, 2014, 10:52:52 AM »
There's a previous rules discussion on the forum.

POTMS does not enable you to autofire the Deathstrike, fire it after moving or fire it on turn one.
Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should.

Offline LoH

• MODEL ALL THE PAINTS!
    • SIUC Strategic Games Society
  • Armies: IG,SW,SoB,Chaos Cultist,ImpFist 5C,INQ
« Reply #3 on: August 5, 2014, 02:50:26 PM »
It is not that great in that use as you cant rely on being in range with a flyer.

Russes are good as you can fire ordinance at full BS then fire the HB or las cannon if your spending the points.  Same thing for the arty guys getting your extra shots from secondary guns.   It is good but I don't think that useful. 

Depending on the player/wording it would be good on the deathstirke to let it fire turn 1 or 2 or after it moved.

The'll be in range if they're riding along. It'd give you the ability to spread Vendetta lascannon fire a bit in either mode or get all 3 lascannons to full BS in Hover mode.
PAINT ALL THE MODELS!

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #4 on: August 7, 2014, 04:24:52 PM »
The'll be in range if they're riding along. It'd give you the ability to spread Vendetta lascannon fire a bit in either mode or get all 3 lascannons to full BS in Hover mode.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  Putting one into a vendetta to help redirect those lascannons (with the bonus of possibly fixing any damage dealt to it).  With their reduced transport capacity vendettas probably won't be carrying any squads into combat anyway so it's not like the techie is taking up valuable space.