News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Knuckles on Necrodermis campaign - campaign concluded, results pending  (Read 15099 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Is that through round 1, or round 1 and round 2 combined? Already you can start to see why my brain is broken...

Sorry, didn't mean to break your brain... If you need I have some prepaid pain boys that would be willing to operate for free. I have heard that a little squig mixed with grot brains and then stuffed into any cracks inside the skull will make you smarter.

On a slightly more serious note if you use peach tree software it does most of the accounting for you just add a person to the data base, then later when you want to add to their account you just click on their name and their account comes up. You can add a variety of accounts per person, and you can name them too. You may be surprised to find out that you have a toof account.

The only problem was exporting the report to this forum, so I save as a pdf then save the pdf as a jpeg and then upload the picture. While I have been relearning the software by experimentation (still can't find the book) I could assist you some if you wanted to learn it and use for yourself. (you will have to buy the software yourself as it requires a licence to use, especially if you ever connect to the internet) while not an expert I can navigate my way around it. (plus I learned it when I went back to school as it was part of my paralegal training) this way for any future events you may have planned you can easily keep the books.

If not, then you still take advantage of the prepaid pain boy deal.  ;D
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
I saw the Faction updates so thanks for that, I would also suggest that we link as many Batreps in there as we can (nice that you started the process and I will attempt to assist where/when I can).

For timings I was under the assumption that the weeks had overlap, so that round 1 is done, but round 2 is still on even though Round 3 has started. I will be doing a Round 3 game and Round 3 Bonus mission today hopefully so Batrep to follow and please wish me luck. I don't think that I can do round 2 bonus mission unless one of me chum's borrows me orks, as there are not that many Ork players in my local that can game at the same times as I game.

Side note: Anyway, My orks went up vs gutstikk last night for a bit of out of campaign playtest fun. No report or results as this was a playtest game; but it was fun to use them again. I do love Orks as well as Necrons.

Cheers.
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Yeah, the weeks do overlap, so you can still fight Round 2 games this week if able. Keep fighting!

@ Skeet - thanks, but I'm no orkountant :). I'll skip the peach tree myself, but at the end of the campaign, we'll have a few days to sort out the NP after the dust has settled. I promise I'm making the NP worth people's while :).

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Well I've been meaning to upload this, and it may as well serve as a reminder that the winner of Most Notorious will receive this...

(and since you wanted it moc, a pic from the top view

In weathering the piece it lost that total black monolithic evil-ness, but I think it looks cooler as is, granted the winner is free to repaint however they see fit.  I would advice the addition of Necron transfers to the 4 angled short sides, but being unable to find a Necron transfer sheet it is what it is.  After all whose going to complain about the whole 'hey I got this terrain piece for free and it isn't perfect.'

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
ALLLLLRIGHTYTHEN... Batrep for round 3, the orks have the tablet, now all we need is the generator
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206479.msg2526261#msg2526261
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
I am headed right over to check that out SKEETERGOD, but while your waiting for my reply go check how The Mighty Green Machine did vs Orkz that were Bluu in da Phaes in the round 2 game and campaign bonus mission. My camera died part way through; but this was actually one of the faster games I have ever had, and it shows that not all tactics work all the time.

I am also done my round 3 bonus game with the Tablet; but I am far from done the Batrep, so more to follow on Mon-Tue as I gid er dun. I am still trying to schedule a round 3 game as well, but for now lets hope that some other Necrons in Sector 3 get a game (Hopefully a Win) in.

Cheers, and Happy Gaming
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 07:36:47 PM by moc065 »

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: Knuckles on Necrodermis campaign - Round 2 ends, Round 3 continues!
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2010, 07:40:21 PM »
Round 2 is over, but round 3 continues for 1 more week. Get those campaign extras in - the objective markers, the campaign hero portraits, the fiction and the batreps, ASAP!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2010, 07:54:18 AM »
The fiction piece I am writing cannot technically be finished until the campaign is finished as it is a "running" story of the orks on the necron moon. So the question is: does it still count or do I have to make up the ending before the campaing ends?

Offline Azonalanthious

• Biker Nob | KoN Veteran
  • When in doubt, use more explosives.
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »
Round 2 game (sorry I didn't get the bat rep up sooner, but was played in round 2 timeframe):

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206545.0

Win for orks, tier 3.

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »
The fiction piece I am writing cannot technically be finished until the campaign is finished as it is a "running" story of the orks on the necron moon. So the question is: does it still count or do I have to make up the ending before the campaing ends?

It'll still count, of course - just be sure you do indeed finish it! [not that I've any worries in that department, lol]. If anyone else is facing similar constraints just let me know.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »
We needs a round 2 update for the factions.

I got my Round 3 bonus game done (capture the flag- err tablet). I am working on the Batrep, and working on another opponent in for my Round three game on its own.

My Necron terrain spot should gets some updates (start with pics) on Wednesday or Thursday, and I did a major insert into my Campaigh fictional spot today to include my first 3 games so far... more to follow of course, oh and my Hero page got some updates as well.

I looked through SKEETERGODS terrain piece -- well done  bros, and I am liking all of the Hero Shots and Fiction so far.

Cheers

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2010, 10:17:34 PM »
Heroes and Fiction are good, we could use a bit more terrain if possible :).

Update for today failed, real life and all. This week has been bloody hell so far. With luck I'll manage to sneak something in for Wednesday.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2010, 11:58:15 AM »
Round 3 bonus game is in the bag.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206570.0

Check it out there, and I am working on the round 3 standard mission game still and it should go on Wed-Thu-Fri as opponents are starting to respond to my plea for a game.

Cheers

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2010, 08:44:45 PM »
Results for round 2 have been posted here:
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=205138.msg2508945#msg2508945

Also check to be sure all your batreps show up in the archive here:
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=205138.msg2508944#msg2508944

And, for the summary:
Orks have 21 CP at the close of round 2
Necrons have 19 CP at the close of round 2

Top 3 Most Notorious Orks:
22np Skeetergod
12np OD from TV
11np Hekkastor

26np  moc065
11np Killersquid
  8np Firefox

Most of the lead is due to the extra activities - campaign hero portraits, fiction submissions, ancient tablet objective markers, and last but not least, the batreps. Even if you can't get games in you can close the gap with an entry into the extra categories. Keep up the good work everyone!

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2010, 11:09:19 PM »
Sector 3 bonus game, secure the tablet...

orks win vs space marines at 2000 pts.
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206665.0

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: Knuckles on Necrodermis campaign - the campaign concludes!
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2010, 09:35:37 PM »
The campaign has now concluded. It'll be a couple days before I sort all of this out. Make certain you have your final round reported to your captain and finish up all extra activities [like fiction pieces] by Monday night, so it's ready for me Tuesday morning!

Thanks to all who participated and made this event a blast to run! I'll be filling the goody bag soon.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2010, 08:21:57 AM »
I had another game that I posted yesterday but forgot to put the link here, so here is the link
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206722.msg2528998#msg2528998

Also I have a game scheduled with 1500 points of necrons vs my stompa. I will post it anyway as it is the conclusion to my story, just haven't played it yet.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2010, 08:36:37 AM »
The Campaign is concluded. What !

Campaign Schedule:
For the sake of expediency, and because we've never tried to run an online campaign this swiftly, the campaign schedule for Brutes against Bots will be slated as follows:

September 12th - Campaign Signup opens
September 26th - Campaign Begins!
Round 1       Begins September 26th       Ends October 9th       Bonus Mission - Interrupted...
Round 2       Begins October 3rd       Ends October 16th       Bonus Mission - Hiding Something?
Round 3       Begins October 10th       Ends October 23rd       Bonus Mission - Secure the Tablet!
Round 4       Begins October 17th       Ends October 30th       None (but you can still play "IT'S THEM!!!")
October 30th - Campaign Hero Portraits, Fiction Articles and Batreps must all be submitted by the end of the day [GMT-5]

Am I deluded or did I miss something.

I did do my round 4 game on Friday and I reported it to you in basics; but why are we ending early, shouldn't the others get a chance to finish up round 4 ?

Anyway, I will get my 2 Batreps done ASAP (today) and fire you the links, Updates on the terrain piece are done (all pics inserted), and my Hero Page is decent (needs a few tweeks to include last couple battles) so I will do what I can with the ending of my story today as well, as I now have a lot of work to shove into 1 day instead of this week.

Cheers.

PS... First Batrep for Roudn 3 is done, Here is the linky and I appologize for the shortness; but I do think that I got most of the data in there.

PPS... Working on second report still. OK its done too, here is the linky
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:46:57 AM by moc065 »

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2010, 03:18:43 AM »
I played the bonus round "It's them" but played it as a grudge match against Tau since I have no necron opponents in my area.  You can claim it as a regular game or as a bonus one. 

Orks won with a battle report here:
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206806.0

So if orks win and we get a living metal Stompa can we have an Apocalpyse game and use it as kind of a follow up to the campaign?  I know my current opponent said he would like to see that considering all the FW ork stuff I got. 

I just think it would be cool to see a few Apocalypse games played considering the idea of the game. 

Offline prot

• Infinity Circuit | KoN Veteran
  • Prot ZA113
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2010, 09:24:03 AM »
I really wish I had seen this sooner... is it too late to get a game in, win or lose, for the final week?

It looks like you guys had great participation. It's really hard to find anything of this nature involving Necrons, so good on you for pulling this off. I think Orks have been a total nemesis of mine so it seems fitting.

Hopefully we see something like this again in the not too distant future!!! Good job guys. It's been fun following this so far. (Also enjoying the background that jump started the campaign!)