News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Wolfspear 4th Jarldom  (Read 7770 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Wolfspear 4th Jarldom
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2021, 09:10:51 AM »
Thanks folks! I'm having fun working on these!

Finished the Librarian, getting more work done on the Infiltrators, and starting on the speeder.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2021, 04:32:04 PM »
Lovely stuff! And yeah, the basing is great.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2021, 10:02:47 PM »
I love this army! It's so visually striking. The power armour is just beautiful. So smooth and clean. The colours pop so well!

Special mention to those bases! They're really pretty. Might have to go back and redo my Escher bases having looked at those. They're soooo pretty!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2021, 05:52:35 PM »
Lovely stuff! And yeah, the basing is great.

Thank you!

I love this army! It's so visually striking. The power armour is just beautiful. So smooth and clean. The colours pop so well!

Special mention to those bases! They're really pretty. Might have to go back and redo my Escher bases having looked at those. They're soooo pretty!

Thanks for the kind words. The armour is very easy, just a coat of contrast paint, and an edge highlight! Makes for easy power armour.

The bases is just a lot of washes and drybrushes. Really enjoy working on them.

Small update. Got the first unit of infiltrator's done. Working on my Stormspeeder now.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2021, 10:27:17 AM »
Small update, WIP on Stormspeeder.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #25 on: January 1, 2022, 05:00:41 PM »
Another update. Stormspeeder is almost done, just gotta finish the base, a buddy 3D printed a base for me, but it was a little small (80mm instead of 90MM), but mostly fits. Hard to photograph. Also, started on some eliminators and Incursors.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #26 on: January 3, 2022, 11:02:15 PM »
Amazing job on that speeder! Great placement for the decals and just that hint of green on the missile pods really just helped the finish. The only thing that bugged me was that only one guy had his eye lenses painted, but I am sure that's on the way. So happy that you painted the speeder and put the riders in after, which allowed you to better paint the interior. It allowed such a better overall finish and better painted riders, which I find so many people just ignore in place of getting it finished for the tabletop quicker.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #27 on: January 3, 2022, 11:22:22 PM »
Amazing work on that landspeeder, but I am loving that leather cloak on that sniper! (I forget the unit name)!

Keep up the work!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

• Ancient
« Reply #28 on: January 4, 2022, 01:25:13 PM »
Thanks folks!

Amazing job on that speeder! Great placement for the decals and just that hint of green on the missile pods really just helped the finish. The only thing that bugged me was that only one guy had his eye lenses painted, but I am sure that's on the way. So happy that you painted the speeder and put the riders in after, which allowed you to better paint the interior. It allowed such a better overall finish and better painted riders, which I find so many people just ignore in place of getting it finished for the tabletop quicker.

I think I did all the lenses could just be the photo too. It would be way to hard to paint them inside the cockpit. I'm such a messy painter, so it would have been a nightmare with the white armour!

Amazing work on that landspeeder, but I am loving that leather cloak on that sniper! (I forget the unit name)!

Keep up the work!

Eliminators! Thanks!

I took a group picture of all the finished models so far!

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #29 on: January 6, 2022, 08:42:31 AM »
Alright, got my first unit of eliminators finished up.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #30 on: January 8, 2022, 11:08:59 PM »
great work, I really like the colour of your leathers on these models. The green lens are also turning out really nice.

• Ancient
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2022, 11:33:27 AM »
great work, I really like the colour of your leathers on these models. The green lens are also turning out really nice.

Thank you very much. The Cloak is just snakebite leather contrast paint, with a hughlight of Zandri Dust, so very easy and quick!

Small update, been working on a squad of Incursors, only have 32 infantry to paint after these guys are done.

My plan for my 2000pts list is the following.

Phobos cap (done)
Phobos Librarian (done)
phobos lt (Primed)

x3 invictor warsuits (1/3 done, 2/3 unbuilt)
x2 hounds of morkai squads (1 done, 1 unprimed)

x3 incursor squads (0 done, 2 primed)
x2 infiltrator squads (1 done, 1 unprimed)

x1 stormspeed thunderstrike (1/1 done)

x3 eliminator squads (1 done, 2 primed)

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2022, 01:44:59 PM »
More awesome work, loving how the army is coming together!

• Ancient
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2022, 09:15:14 AM »
Thank you very much!

Hey folks, small update.

Finished my incursors, which is exciting. Also, I'm very excited about the news from Warhammer Community today as that is my army! (minus the speeder...)

Also, I took some better pictures of some of the other units.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2022, 04:01:58 PM »
Hulk Hogan became a space marine :)
They all look great, well done

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2022, 06:18:57 PM »
Great work as always KS. The Eliminators and Infiltrators are super, but the real star of the show is definitely the Stormspeeder for me. Such clean lines and such a nice finish. I need to reiterate just how much I love your colour scheme. Really nice, with excellent use of complimentary spot colours.

Just lovely all round.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

• Ancient
« Reply #36 on: February 6, 2022, 07:59:04 AM »
Hey folks, been busy the last month, so painting has been slow. But, I finished my second unit of infiltrators, and my LT in phobos armour.

Here is the whole painted group together now.

Today I'm bringing out the whole 2k (including the 23 unpainted models shame I know), for their first game. Excited to start getting the feel for them on the table.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #37 on: February 6, 2022, 11:26:33 AM »
Congrats, Lord of Winter and War, the army grows again :) ! Hard to believe you painted all of this since around November - that's a lot of brushwork to make it look this good! The new squad looks awesome.

• Ancient
« Reply #38 on: February 6, 2022, 10:40:07 PM »
Congrats, Lord of Winter and War, the army grows again :) ! Hard to believe you painted all of this since around November - that's a lot of brushwork to make it look this good! The new squad looks awesome.

Thanks! I feel like I'm really slogging with this project, but Real-life (wife, puppy, work) takes up a lot of my time lol.

Had my first game today, Forgive the pictures, my buddy just finished building his army so it's a sea of grey. Play agaisnt Genestealer Cults. Made some horrible deployment mistakes, but fought back pretty well. Lost 60ish to 90sih, so not bad considering how badly I messed up lol.

I was pretty happy with my list. My Librarian with the Armour of Russ, and my Hounds of Morkai were the MVP's for sure. Genestealer cults just had a lot of multi-damage attacks, and lots of bonuses to hit/wound and re-rolls, it was pretty crazy how devastating their shooting was. looking forward to getting in my practice.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #39 on: February 8, 2022, 05:37:28 AM »
your army looks awesome and they is one very nice looking board, hope you had fun :)