News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My Aeldari and Aelf  (Read 60270 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
My Aeldari and Aelf
« on: April 23, 2016, 06:37:37 AM »
OK, So I'm artistically challanged ;) But here's my efforts so far in starting my Corsair army, still waiting on my jetpacks.

Void Dreamer.
Parts
 - Head from Dark Eldar Reavers.
 - Torso from DE Witches
 - Back from DE Kabalite warriors.
 - Legs from Cutting up a Confrontation Minature.
 - Arms from High Elves Mages kit.

The picture does not show it too well, but the blue on the head is a semi-transparent with a graded silver underneath.

Corsair Prince - Cloud Dancer

This was meant to be an action shot, using the power slide to power a thrust the sword in :)

Parts
 - CWE jetbike
 - CWE DA head
 - Corsair Jetbike conversion wings
 - Sword from a confrontation minature.
 - Dark Elf Corsair Cape - This photo seemed to was out some of the detail here.
 - Eagle I think is from a High Elf Chariot kit.

The under side is magnatised so it can field the twin linked Shurikens or twin linked splinter rifles from the Venom kit.

Gems are using the a Red semi translucent paint that looks way better in real life.

translucent paints are from Tamiya's range X-22 -> x-28, keep some X-20A Thinners handy though as it does become rather thick over time.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 01:21:12 AM by magenb »

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Start of my Corsair Journey.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 07:22:45 AM »
Nice work Magenb! Glad to see you down here in the project logs! Off to a really nice start I like the bold vibrant colors . The Dreamer and the Prince are looking really nice. Love all the cool little bits you added too. Where'd you get the phoenix and book bits? So cool... I love stuff like that. I've got a couple of special bits like that just waiting for implementation.

Anyway great stuff man, keep it up and keep us posted. Great to have another Corsair player down here in the p-logs!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 07:40:53 AM »
Nice work Magenb! ...Where'd you get the phoenix and book bits? So cool... I love stuff like that. I've got a couple of special bits like that just waiting for implementation.

Cheers mate.

Phoenix is from the High Elf Chariot kit, I stumbled onto it in my left overs box :)
The book came from the High Elf Wizard box set, the Symbol you see is actually the one I made up for my CWE :)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 06:40:25 PM »
Nice job. Love the use of the rebel colors. I see the corsairs as rebels myself, even bought blue dice with red pips for mine. Have even thought about painting a rebel flag on mine but this game is set way too far in the future for that imho. Keep them coming and the clean work.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 11:41:34 AM »
Very nice! Always loved the look of those Dark Elf Corsair cloaks on Eldar models.
Keep it going, always good to see how people progress with their armies.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 06:55:42 PM »
Thanks guys.

While I'm waiting on my Jetbacks to travel half way around the world, thought I would dust off my Hornets, tidy up the paint job and hand out Pulse Lasers for everyone :)

The DE canopy looks alot better than the DWE, just need to find more of them now.

EDIT: modified Width and heights of the images as the second one blewout the page.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:49:54 PM by magenb »

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 07:26:23 AM »
Hey Magenb. Great stuff! So glad to see you have Hornets for your force. They are absolutley invaluable. Mine have been total game winners, breaking the back of my opponents force when they arrive from outflank.

The paint jobs are looking nice! The vibrant blue and gold looks really good. My only suggestion is to darken the "veins" or grooves between plates. I usually shade mine very dark and it makes everything else pop in contrast. Thats only an opinion though. If you like the gold veins I totally understand.

Full credit for going the distance with the partially golden hull! I didn't have the guts to do it on mine. I'm kind of crappy at doing that kind of thing and keeping it neat and clean but you did a great job.

Also I noticed you had problems with image size, I did yesterday as well! Glad you were able to fix it. Anyway keep up the great work man and give us MOAR!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 08:09:21 PM »
My only suggestion is to darken the "veins" or grooves between plates. I usually shade mine very dark and it makes everything else pop in contrast. Thats only an opinion though. If you like the gold veins I totally understand.

Never though to darken the veins, did you mean as a darker gold or as a dark blue?

Full credit for going the distance with the partially golden hull! I didn't have the guts to do it on mine. I'm kind of crappy at doing that kind of thing and keeping it neat and clean but you did a great job.

Yeah, it was too blue without it, in which case, it needs a pin stripe or something, but I've never been able to paint white/light colours well. If you are trying with GW's metalics, then I found I had to water them down and do multiple thin coats or it would streak. Vallejo metalic paints seem a little better, but hard to find down here.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 07:02:42 AM »
Yeah I was thinking a dark blue in the veins. Thats just the way I've always done my vehicles, a darker shade of the vehicles primary color in the veins always adds a bit more dimension to the vehicle IMO. Not necessary but like I said it always seems to make everything else pop.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 05:36:03 PM »
still no jetpacks...

So cleaned cleaned up the Lynx, can't wait to unload this puppy on something.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 01:25:54 AM »
I still love the colors and simplicity of your army colors. So rich and vibrant and I bet has a great battle field presence. Can't wait for a full army pic.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 06:54:23 AM »
Great stuff man. Again I love the color blocking. Really ambitious stuff.

The Lynx is such a beast. People don't seem overly psyked about it since its not a LoW/Super-Heavy anymore but I think its a MUST have in a pure Corsair collection. I actually love its "flyer" mode which I consider its "get off the board" mode.

Anyway looking good man, your army is off to a hot start.

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 01:39:17 PM »
oh my, she's a beauty.
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 02:03:11 PM »
The Lynx has got to be one of my favourite models. It's quite a simple build and not all that tough to paint up but looks so damn good!  8)
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 06:06:09 PM »
Thanks guys.

Well looks like my jetpacks have landed in the country, just waiting for the local postal service to do their thing, so should have some infantry soon.

The Lynx is a great looking model, most of the Eldar stuff is, much better than the blocky mon keigh mechs ;p

If you are looking to start with FW, I would recommend the Lynx as a great place to start, as there are a few more tricks you need to learn with working with their resin.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 10:31:08 PM »
OK Jetpacks came in and here's some new shots, sorry its on a bad camera.

Baroness WIP

Prince/Barnon

Couple of Bale Strike members.

Group shot.

Offline Ibushi

• Coming to a croneworld near you
  • Armies: PEW PEW spinny death
« Reply #16 on: May 3, 2016, 12:30:29 PM »
Good stuff, looking forward to seeing these bad boys (and girls!) on the tabletop!

The Lynx is especially nasty, can't wait to see it chow down on some Imperial Knights or something.

Love the Corsair Lynx with kinetic shrouds deep striking for the re-rollable invulnerable save, then next turn you can use its Flyer mode to zoom away and deep strike all over again, hah!

Check out my PLOG! Croneworld Koxinga Rises

Wet Coast GT 2015 Best Overall
TSHFT 08-15 3rd Place, Best Eldar
Guardian Cup 8.5 Best General
Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall
Tanksgiving 2015 Best Overall

Samurai Eldar, Coming to a Croneworld Near You.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #17 on: May 3, 2016, 02:52:36 PM »
Hey Magenb, nice work here buddy! I'm a huge fan of the Balestrike band and think they bring a lot to a Corsair army.

Also listen to Ibushi he's a Corsair champ!

Great stuff man keep it up, this army is really coming along!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #18 on: May 4, 2016, 07:54:41 PM »
Ok after some test builds I think I've narrowed down how to kit bash this army, atleast in a way I can quickly tell the units apart  :)

Reaver Band
Standard Corsair kit without the lasblasters merged with Guardians.

VoidStorm Band
DE wyches legs, Guardian Torso, corsair jetpacks, various heads, most likely with wyches pistols and close combat weapons.

Malevolent Band
DE witches with jetpacks, trying to see if I can get enough parts so they can carry two close combat weapons.I found that you can cut and file their backs down and putty up the middle hole, rather happy with how that turned out.

Balestrike Bane
DE Scourge legs, Corsair Jetpacks, Guardian Bodies and dark lances from whatever kit I can salvage.

I'll post up some test builds when I get a chance.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #19 on: May 7, 2016, 08:41:27 PM »
OK here's comse of the test build shots.

Voidstorm

Malevolent Band
I couldn't get a clean shot of this, but it looks like she doing a shoulder charge, with a right hook about to be unleashed :)

Hard to see in this photo but far left is leaping forward, front foots off the ground.

The are very few right hand CC weapons for DE, so I had to chop some up, turned out OK.

Post Merge: May  7, 2016, 08:54:28 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

While I'm waiting on some more parts for the infantry, I start repurposing some of my DE stuff

« Last Edit: May 7, 2016, 08:54:29 PM by magenb »