News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My Inquisitor Lord  (Read 1559 times)

Offline 1000 sons

• Tzeentch, Lord of Sorcery, and Changer of Ways
My Inquisitor Lord
« on: April 11, 2003, 08:21:20 PM »
This is my Inquisitor Lord so far. Its caused massive damage to my friends Ork army last night. What do you guys think? any suggestions?

Inquisitor Lord                 
   - Terminator Armour         
   - Psycannon            
   - Emperor's tarot         
   - Purity seals            
   - Targeter            

Inquisitor Retinue

3 Warriors (Imperial Guard Verterans)
   - Plasma Guns (3)
2 Sages
1 Familiar
3 Acoylte
   - Storm Bolters (3)

Transport: Chimera
   - Multi-laser   
   - Mounted heavy bolter
   - Pintle-mounted storm bolter

HQ total = 357 pts

So, what do ya guys think? Its fairly strong i think. The chimera does a lot of damage also, but I dont like the mixed armor rules when it comes to the Inquisitor and his retinue.
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
Re:My Inquisitor Lord
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 09:18:42 PM »
Firstly the Inquisitor, why no CCW? Also the Acoylte can have Power Armour. I would also get a Priest. They are great for boosting leadership. It's no good you being armed with the teeth with guns a being pinned. Also wouldn't the Icon Of The Just, be better than Terminator Armour. Or maybe the psychic power Sanctuary. Could save your bacon if your assaulted by Daemons.

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 09:27:23 PM »
oh yea, i forgot to give my Inquisitor a CCW. As for the Acoyltes, power armour is good and all, but they would still be the minority when it comes to the Mixed armour rule. the Icon of Just has a better Invulnerable save and all, but the Terminator still gives me a 2+/5+. And I would give him Sanctuary, but in the fluff I am doing for my army, the Inquisitor lost his abilities after a battle with a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch (gee, that sounds so much like Cpt. Stern's fluff, lol). And why would I need a priest? The Inquisitor Lords LD is already 10, so it can't increase.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2003, 09:29:15 PM by 1000 sons »
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 09:45:59 PM »
Wouldn't a Power Weapon work better?  Why so much firepower?  If you are parked in the chimera you can't shoot at all, when you disembark your shooting is significantly reduced, and the unit has little in the way of combat.  If you plan on using them as a shooting unit switch a plasma gun for a cannon on a gun-servitor.  You're right about the priest, he would be of no benefit unless you took two as the Inquisitors LD is to high to be raised anymore.

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 11:04:20 PM »
Hmmm. Maybe I should add a Plasma Cannon Servitor. I decided to go with the Shooty Inquisitor Retinue because, well........IDK, should I gear up towards Shooty or Close Combat? Its one or the other, as making an Inquisitor both is really hard.

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Ancient
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2003, 11:13:51 PM »
For me it would depend on the rest of your army.  Yours fits fine with a firepower army although even then a CC Inq. and retinue is good for countercharging.  I'd go with CC as it helps in any army to have a little more.  You could still keep the plasma cannon servitor though just in case.

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2003, 11:23:00 PM »
OK, well, lets see. What should I equip the Inquisitor with? I want to keep the Terminator Armour and the Psycannon (Its just too cool  ;D), give him a Power Weapon instead of a CCW, and......um, lets see. Perhaps grimoire of true names? that can seriously hurt daemons. Or maybe digital weapons? although 10 pts for one attack doesn't sound too good. Maybe I should take a Null rod instead of the regular Power Weapon, mainly because of the fluff behind my army, and the hatred for Tzeentch. What do ya guys think?

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Ancient
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2003, 09:30:36 AM »
Keep just the power weapon, it leaves a ton of modelling options open so you can do what you want there.  10 pts for digi weapons may seem expensive, but it's an attack every turn and even if it just kills a gaurdsment it's almost earned back it's points.  Plus that two leaves open fluff and modelling options.  He suffured a wound while fighting that GD of Tzeentch and one of his henchmen fixed him up with some bionic digi weapons...

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2003, 08:01:30 PM »
Power Weapon NO! Anointed Blade YES!

You can actually balance out your HQ.