News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: palatine in a DH list  (Read 442 times)

Offline lord inquisitor baltist

palatine in a DH list
« on: January 24, 2007, 08:58:35 PM »
i was just wondering if it's worth my while to include a palatine with jump pack, bolt pistol and cc weapon for 57 point as a unit to tie up enemy shooty squads or should i just spend the points on psycannons and incinerators.  this is going to be the second HQ.  i was just thinking about this as a fast alternative to death cult assasins

Offline Tarrin the Space Marine

• Sullied Smug
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • It's ok to be scared...
Re: palatine in a DH list
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 06:38:09 AM »
i would not bother. cheap but exceptionally soft. She won't tie up anything. With T3 a unit of guard can beat her in a fight.
The two psycannons you can get are much better.

If you want to get a second HQ, and already have a GKT, get a cheap Inq lord with retinue (~85 for basics (lord, melta bombs, PW,  2 x acolytes and a familiar) and hide them. scoring unit for a quarter or contesting stuff.

If you are playing DH Inq lord already, ally a WH lord.

However, everything about Tarrin is unfair and should be sanctioned with extreme prejudice.

The Globals have issued a 2:1 ruling that yes, yes everything about Tarrin is indeed unfair. We have also been sullied merely by contemplating this.

Offline Ixe

Re: palatine in a DH list
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 05:16:35 PM »
While SoB characters are good in assault with enough wargear and use of faith, they're not when practically naked and with only 1 faith point to use.  As stated above, the best you could do would be to tie up Guard equivalent, but you would lose/die pretty fast.  A death cultist is a much better alternative to that character.