News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1,500 pts Pure Grey Knights [List Updated]  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Kitsune Tsuki

• Lazerous Penguin
1,500 pts Pure Grey Knights [List Updated]
« on: June 4, 2006, 07:23:06 PM »
HQ
Grey Knight Hero-81
-Brother Captain
-Nemesis Force Weapon & Storm Bolter
-Word of the Emperor
-Bionics

ELITES
Grey Knight Terminators-295
-4 Terminators & 1 Brother Captain
- Nemesis Force Weapons & Storm Bolters
- Psycannon x2

TROOPS
Grey Knights- 375
-9 Grey Knights & 1 Justicar
- Psycannon x2

Grey Knights- 375
- Psycannon x2

FAST ATTACK
Grey Knights- 375
- Psycannon x2

Total:1,501
Model Count: 36

HQ
Grey Knight Hero 111
-Brother Captain
-Nemesis Force Weapon & Psycannon
-Word of the Emperor
-Bionics

ELITES
Grey Knight Terminators-295
-4 Terminators & 1 Brother Captain
- Nemesis Force Weapons & Storm Bolters
- Psycannon x2

TROOPS
Grey Knights- 250
-4 Grey Knights & 1 Justicar
- Psycannon x2

Grey Knights- 250
- Psycannon x2

HEAVY SUPPORT
Orbital Strike-70
-Lance Torpedo

Grey Knight Dreadnaught-110
-Assault Cannon, Storm Bolter, DDCW

Total: 1461
Model Count: 18

Ok, I was toying around with these two lists.  I kindo f want to do the first one, but I'd be lacking loads of heavy support.  So, I made the second one.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 05:10:37 PM by Fadingjew »

Offline Rossogia

• w00t
Re: Grey Knight Strike (1,500 pts Pure Grey Knights)
« Reply #1 on: June 4, 2006, 07:51:18 PM »
At least in my experience, word of the emperor isn't very useful, esp on a unit that you want in CC asap(termies), also if you went with list 2, you might consider changing the dred around to be anti tank, as the lance is horribly unreliable, also, something is messed up in your points, all the Power Armored GK units in both lists are 50 points more expensive than they should be, so you have 150 more points to work with in list one, and 100 more in list 2. Add in more stuff with those points then we'll be able to make better judgement on the lists. O and bionic usually aren't worth the points, but i won't deny they are loads of fun when they work :) by dropping the bionics and word of emp, you would be able to fit in holocaust, which i find to be very useful in preventing GK's from getting bogged down against a horde.
+++ACCESS.WIN/LOSS.RECORD+++
+++RATIO:+++
+++<Suppressed by Inquisitorial Order(0954005M02)>+++
+++END.OF.FILE+++

Offline Archon_Yggdrisil

• That....was METAL!
« Reply #2 on: June 4, 2006, 08:09:08 PM »
Where's the anti-tank? You can take meltabombs, you know.

Life is not measured by the moments in which we breath. Life is measured by the moments that take our breath away. -Carlin

Offline Kitsune Tsuki

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: June 4, 2006, 08:33:10 PM »
Word of the Emperor I find effective if their assaulting me.  They can fail, and then next turn I can charge them, get the extra attack, instead of my foe.  It helps protect me when I deep strike near them.

For some reason, I was thinking that bionics worked on a 4+.  Foolish me.  Away they go.

I'm not a fan of holocaust, or at least on terminators, it can harm my own units.

I knid of designed the list to be good againrest semi-horde armies.  Not exactly loads of models, but a good number and with only a few tanks.  But, I may toss in some melta bombs.  Maybe, I could throw in another dreadnaught, instead of the orbital and psycannon on the hero.  I'll get some more opinions, then edit the list.

Offline lalo

« Reply #4 on: June 4, 2006, 08:44:29 PM »
it can harm your units only if you place ur units bad, but its very effetive, just place the bc on front and the others at 2 inches

Offline Kitsune Tsuki

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: June 4, 2006, 08:47:29 PM »
it can harm your units only if you place ur units bad, but its very effetive, just place the bc on front and the others at 2 inches
Pardon?  I know your talking about word of the emperor, but I'm not sure what your saying.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #6 on: June 4, 2006, 09:04:03 PM »
Pardon?  I know your talking about word of the emperor, but I'm not sure what your saying.

He's actually talking about Holocaust I think ;).

~MTWC
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Kitsune Tsuki

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: June 4, 2006, 09:08:21 PM »
Ah, my bad.

Well, the problem then is not of your Grey Knights are in combat with the enemy.  Your right that is how you make it safe for your units, but it5 also weakens your fighting strength.

Offline Demon16

« Reply #8 on: June 5, 2006, 02:26:10 AM »
I suggest you upgrade your HQ to a Grand Master, that way you'll ahve tons of fun popping TMC with your force weapon and you have more wounds to boot =P and give him a psycannon with his awesome BS5 make the most of it

Like mention before you should have meltabombs spread around to everyone
"Growing Old is Manatory...Growing Up is Optional"

Offline Kitsune Tsuki

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: June 5, 2006, 10:38:58 AM »
I took the brother captain, over the Grand Master because he's cheaper, but still very effective.  I wanted to have plenty of Grey Knights, mainly in the first list.  so I saved on points and got the BRother-captain.

Offline Rossogia

• w00t
« Reply #10 on: June 5, 2006, 11:52:55 AM »
If you position correctly, so that the Brother Captain(or GM) for Holocaust is at the front of the unit in melee, and the rest of squad is roughly linear away from in, you can get that ordnance template hitting everything the termies are hitting, without it touching your units; depending on opponent's setup.
Also, with the points freed up by fixing the math errors you could easily upgrade the Hero, Dread, and throw in some melta bombs. Or just add in yet more grey knights.
As for keeping Word of the Emp, fair 'nuff. Maybe you'll have better luck than with me with it, though either way its not much of a points investment so if it gets you the charge once it's prolly paid for itself.
+++END.OF.FILE+++

Offline Kitsune Tsuki

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: June 7, 2006, 05:01:35 PM »
Ok, time to update the list.  Going to toss in more Anti-tank stuff this time.

HQ
Grey Knight Hero-61
-Brother-Captain
-Nemesis Force Weapon & Storm Bolter

TROOPS
Grey Knights- 205
-2 Psycannons
-Justicar
--Melta Bombs

Grey Knights- 205
-2 Psycannons
-Justicar
--Melta Bombs

FAST ATTACK
Grey Knights- 205
-2 Psycannons
-Justicar
--Melta Bombs

Grey Knights- 205
-2 Psycannons
-Justicar
--Melta Bombs

HEAVY SUPPORT
Grey Knight Dreadnaught-110
-Assault Cannon, DDCW, Storm Bolter

Grey Knight Dreadnaught-140
-Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher

Total: 1131
Total Models:  23

should i take a 3rd dreadnaught, a land raider, or a 5th GK squad to fill out the remainding points?  I'm starting to question the effectivness of Terminators (And that they can't have meltabombs), so that's why I left them out.

Offline Rider of Wind

Re: Grey Knight Strike (1,500 pts Pure Grey Knights) [List Updated]
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 02:11:25 AM »
sorry did u just say that QUSESTION THE ABILITY OF GREY KNIGHT TERMIES!!!!!!!!

the emporer is rolling in his grave or should i say golden throne.

they can do just about anything u ask of them xcept take ou tanks unless u used them with the thunder hammre and storm sheild although i think that would be a wast although im not experienced enough to confirm or deny that.

plus those termies look so damn good

Offline lalo

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 08:53:32 AM »
terminators are awesome, just play with them carefully. I use a crusader with them, and never been disappointed, but its a lot of points for 1500

Offline Kitsune Tsuki

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 11:00:40 AM »
sorry did u just say that QUSESTION THE ABILITY OF GREY KNIGHT TERMIES!!!!!!!!

the emporer is rolling in his grave or should i say golden throne.

they can do just about anything u ask of them xcept take ou tanks unless u used them with the thunder hammre and storm sheild although i think that would be a wast although im not experienced enough to confirm or deny that.

plus those termies look so damn good
They can't take Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields (Or at least not to my knowledge).  What I'm questioning is exactly what you mentioned.  They have no anti-tank ability.  Str 6 s only so-so in close combat.  I may take them, but their not the highest priority on my list.

I'd have to drop quite a bit tro squeeze in a crusader and a Terminator squad.

No suggestions on what to fill out my last few points with?  (Besides terminators)

Offline Rossogia

• w00t
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 12:59:42 PM »
GK Termies can take Hammers and Storm Shields, looking at rule right now, and if they did that would provide anti-tank, though i prefer putting 'em in a LRC and using the multiumelta on that for any anti-tank i need up close.

And frankly i can't think of anything to fill that up with besides termies, you really need a Heavy Hitting unit to deliver that killing blow to w/e you're facing and termies fit that perfectly.

Also I'd recomend consolodating the Teleporting GK's into one bigger unit. Small deepstrinking units without great protection (i.e. terminator armor) in my experiance don't last long.

Hmm, come to think of it those last points could also just be filled by keeping the 2 deep striking units and enlarging them to 10 man, 2x deep striking 10 man squads would prolly work for that finisher as well.

As far as not having room for the crusader, thats a nice addition, but not imperative, so could just go without and deep strike instead.
+++END.OF.FILE+++

Offline Kitsune Tsuki

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 01:26:15 PM »
Wow, your right.  i guess because I've never seen them fielded like that, I overlooked that.  My bad.

The extra 5 models in the deepstrimking Grey Knights sounds good.  But, not sure if I can squeeze it all in.  I'll check later.  If i can, I'll join the 2 units together, and toss in a Thunderhammer/Storm Shield Terminators to the third list.