News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Radicals  (Read 437 times)

Offline Daionosis

• I'm going to the vatican
    • join the Dutch Navy!
Radicals
« on: April 19, 2006, 02:01:24 PM »
I've got a short question: does anyone regularly play Radical Daemon hunters? If so, do you have any tips and/or tactics for myself and other, unknowing, persons-on-the-verge-of-buying a radical army?

Thanks in advance  :)

Cheers, Dick
Pure Literature, as it's getting more interesting lately.

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
Re: Radicals
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 03:00:54 AM »
Well, I play Relictors with an Radical Deamonhunters list.  I don't want to get into details, but if you don't use inducted units from other codexs' then you don't have much to choose from in a DH list codex.

If you stay in the DH codex then you can not use anything GK!  You will fill troops with IST only.

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline lord inquisitor baltist

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 10:55:58 AM »
for a pure radicals list you will want to , of course have daemonhosts.  also with your daemonhosts make sure that until they are in combat that they staty behind cover.  for the rest of your army a good idea is to use some death cult assasins to tie up your opponents shooting and a temple assasin never hurt anyone.  with your troops take stormtroopers in rhinos to try and tie up some squads at the front for your daemonhosts to wander around.  and for the rest of your troops take guard squads vanilla style until you can get a leman russ.  most of your army will be there solely to hold up the other guy's squads until your leman russ has time to blow them away.  or you could just use marines in traditional marine style.

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 03:12:31 AM »
Gotta love the Daemonhosts!  Great fluff with Relictors and radical Inquisitors!  Some people think of them as too random but I believe that those people use them as a "reliable" unit and that is where they go wrong.  It is better to think of them as a positive influence that can tilt the game your way, even at the last minute.

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline lord inquisitor baltist

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 01:09:02 AM »
yeah daemonhosts aren't there to come through for you they are there for an interesting flavour (anything but vanilla)