News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Winning Tournament Lists  (Read 4312 times)

Offline doppelganger

Winning Tournament Lists
« on: January 22, 2002, 10:24:29 AM »
Are there any members out there who have won in RTT or GT categories for best selection? Could you post the list that you used that won and what army list you used? I'm curious to see what official sources consider to be a good eldar selection.
And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night!

Offline Dangonblane

• Master of Sanctity
  • Ancient
  • Templar since '98
Re:Winning Tournament Lists
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2002, 01:28:40 PM »
Sorry, I've got no lists for ya.  But I couldn't help but notice the Female logo in your profile - is this true?  Is EldarOnline graced with the presence of one of the fairer sex?   ;)

Offline Lonjon

• Google
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2002, 04:49:47 PM »
Calm down, Dangonblane.  Take a cold shower or something.

Anyway, here's what I know about RTT army comp:

[*]Take less than 10% of your available points as wargear.  I'm not positive on this, but I'm almost certain that Eldar psychic powers do count towards this 10% total.
    [*]Take Troops selections for at least 40% of your total points value.  More than 40% if at all possible.
    [*]Make certain that your Troops choices take up the same number (or more) of force organization slots as all of your other choices combined.  Your mandatory HQ choice does not count for this determination.
    [*]Take the maximum number of models for your mandatory 2 Troop choices.  Try to take as many models as you possibly can for your remaining Troop choices.
    [/list]
    Hope this helps.

'Stop misquoting me!'   - Jain Zar

Offline FarseerAnastari

• Care to look into my mirror?
    « Reply #3 on: January 22, 2002, 07:16:12 PM »
    In other words, probably not a good idea to take an Ulthwe army.
    Eldrad was an Eldar Seer
    Of him captured rangers gladly cheer:
    whose realm, like many, was truly d**ned
    Between the Eye and Imperial land.
    His sword was long, his staff was keen,
    In his ghosthelm the future was often seen;
    The lightning storms of heaven vast
    Were mirrored in his psychic blasts.
    But soon he may fade away,
    And what then of Ulthwe none can say;
    Then into crystal will his body grow
    In the Dome of Seers were old Farseers go.
    -Farseer Anastari

Offline Chaos_Cow

• 1337 K0\/\/!
    « Reply #4 on: January 22, 2002, 07:28:45 PM »
    On the contrary! The Wargear may present a problem, but otherwise you're okay. You were going to max out those Black Guardians anyway, right?

And that Troops thing is so unfair towards Eldar. Other races CAN and SHOULD get a lot of Troops. But for Eldar, it's kind of unfluffy in my opinion. And who's really going to max out a squad of Rangers, anyway?

Offline Lonjon

• Google
    « Reply #5 on: January 22, 2002, 11:01:01 PM »
    Rangers kick major ass.  I don't know why more Eldar players don't choose them more often.  I believe that they are a far better deal than any silly aspect warrior.

I don't see Eldar as having problems with RTT army composition scores at all.  Eldar can easily fit within both the 10% wargear goal and the Troops goal no matter what craftworld/vanilla list the Eldar player chooses.  In fact, Eldar players have an easier time of it than other armies do.

A 20 man storm squad is an excellent choice for all-round power.  Dire Avengers cost only 120 points to be the perfect size at just 10 models.  Rangers cost 190 points for a full squad of 10, and come with a 36" rifle and a kewl cover save bonus.  I guess you could take defenders, but they aren't as much fun to paint or play with.

I'm finishing up the painting on my Iyanden RTT army soon.  I expect it to do pretty well in army comp unless I draw a judge who is biased against Wraithlords.  3% of it is wargear (I took 4 psychic powers), 56% of it is Troops, and I have 5 non-Troops vs 6 Troops choices.
    'Stop misquoting me!'   - Jain Zar

Offline Farseer Lael

• Infinity Circuit
    « Reply #6 on: January 22, 2002, 11:25:05 PM »
    Thats why I'm making sure I go check out the Brisbane GT here in Australia to see what other Eldar players play.

I know of one guy who is taking a standard seer council all armed with witchblades and one singing spear, 2 black guardin squad (maxed) with warlocks with conceal and singing spears, a small storm guardian squad with fusion guns, 7 dire avengers with an exarch, 6 banshees and a exarch,  a wraithlord and 2 walwalkers with 2 scatter lasers each.

Be intersting to see how he goes.
    Lael Treventhius.
    Farseer of the Craftworld Treventhius Psychic Warhost.