News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 pt harlies vs tyranids  (Read 834 times)

Offline Antyrael

• Arena of Death GM
1000 pt harlies vs tyranids
« on: January 3, 2004, 02:03:39 PM »
K, for those of you who read my last army list, it didn't go over that well, but now that i've got the EO revision, gw version, and CJ updates figured out, we'll try again.  My friend's army is about 60 gaunts (scythegaunts w/ leaping and termagaunts) w/ the hive nodes in each squad, some genestealers, a few warriors, a tyrant and a couple zoanthropes w/ warp blast.(this is all he has, so it's what he'll be taking) My list looks like this  **USING EO REVISION**

Shadowseer w/ impetunousness of youth(whoever invented that word should get a medal)  harlequin kiss, SP-71 pts

Solitaire w/harlequin kiss, powerblades, SP, flightbelt, d-field-161 pts

Warlock group-3 apprentices w/ kisses, bio explosive ammo(with shadowseer)-120 pts

5 troupes w/ 2 kisses-135 pts

1 spiritwalker w/ d-cannon-120 pts

2 djs w brightlances-114 pts

total 991 pts

I'll try and take the second turn,(not that hard) and wait till the gaunts move forward 6+fof towards me, then i'll break cover and hopefully reach cc with at least the SS and warlocks and solitaire first turn.  the DJs shoot at either tyrant or warriors(insta kill) and the spiritwalker prays he'll reach combat by end of game.  Troupers slaughter gaunts, and hopefully genestealers get charged by solitaire w all 12 attacks and get sscrewed.  what do you think? (If i confused anything again plz lmk.)  thx
Guenhwyvar

« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 10:02:55 PM by Guenhwyvar »
Join the 40konline Arena of Death

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: 1000 pt harlies vs tyranids
« Reply #1 on: January 3, 2004, 03:57:51 PM »
Unless your third Warlock Apprentice has a plasma/dusionpistol you have to give him biol-explosive ammo as well.
And where are the D-fields for your characters?

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline EightyEight

• The Santa hat is here to stay.
« Reply #2 on: January 8, 2004, 06:55:57 PM »
I never use D-Fields, as almost everyone is hitting you on 5's anyway, and they are pretty much assured not to get in many return attacks.

HK's are very good for killing off massed, low save beasties. Keep them at all costs.I should know, my friend plays Orks and he is basically the only person I play.

If you have problems with the 'Gaunts, give one of the DJ's a Shrieker cannon, perfect for that sort of thing.

Good luck!
Are we as offensive as we might be?

Offline Antyrael

• Arena of Death GM
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 10:12:43 PM »
K, I fixed the apprentice group and changed the dread mask to a d-field(what I intended anyway).  The shadowseer doesn't need the d-field because since I play TAR he isn't in the majority, and will be the last to take hits.  I used almost same list vs necrons-just subed HK for PW- and It went almost flawlessly.  LMK what u think.  1 more thing, what do I do about those gaunts getting the all attacks within 2".....(leaping) that sucks.
Guenhwyvar
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 10:17:46 PM by Guenhwyvar »
Join the 40konline Arena of Death

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 03:38:49 AM »
1. Don't go back and edit older lists. It makes the thread near-impossible to follow.
2. You shoot them. Maybe you can switch a Brightlance for a Shrieker-cannon, and bring some more hurt to them as they come down the field. Flamers on the spiritwalker will also be a good idea.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.