News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: MEGA IDEA!!!(probably stupid)  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Acolyte of War

• Pray i dont take you alive..............
MEGA IDEA!!!(probably stupid)
« on: September 15, 2002, 03:12:37 AM »
I have currently thought about what new Harle Wraithlord could do to help my army better. And it came to me.
      1. Add a Harle Wraithlord to my DE command squad.

2. Fact: Wraithlords are to be considered characters not vehicules.

Ok so now i have a Command squad and a wraithlord as an hq choiceright? Right.
       so now this is what i thought. ok my Command squad contains now:
                 1 Archon
                 3 Incubi
                 5 Warriors
                 1 Harlequin Wraithlord

Now thats as i see it good idea right? Well now to top it all off why dont i put them all on a raider?!

Am i just gaspin for air here or do i have something?

AW

Offline Wofen

• The lone Wolf
Re:MEGA IDEA!!!(probably stupid)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2002, 05:03:15 AM »
I dont think you can join a WL to a squad, also, you could not place it in a Transport.

so it would not be that good.

Wofen
Back again after 5 years.....

Offline Kei'Ariq

• Ancient
  • Ariq rides again
    • Wych Cult of Spank Me!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2002, 07:04:04 AM »
Wraithlords (and I can only presume Harlie WLs too) are not independent characters, they are units of one model.

That means that ICs may join them, but they can't join other units.

Even if it somehow fails to mention it, Wraithlords are far too big to be transported by anything that is legally fielded in a 40k game.

Nice try, but not allowed.

Offline Acolyte of War

• Pray i dont take you alive..............
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2002, 08:56:49 AM »
D'OH!

AW

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2002, 03:23:51 PM »
Wraithlords (and I can only presume Harlie WLs too) are not independent characters, they are units of one model.

That means that ICs may join them, but they can't join other units.

Even if it somehow fails to mention it, Wraithlords are far too big to be transported by anything that is legally fielded in a 40k game.

Nice try, but not allowed.
Actually, I think you could transport a Wraithlord with the VDR Rules.

"Light or Medium walkers and Light AFVs may be carried, each taking up five spaces".

And then

"Medium: A Dreadnought (Ork or Imperial) or Eldar Wraithlord are medium sized walkers."

So with the VDR rules you could transport a Wraithlord, but as it isn't an independant character you could only throw in independant characters into it.

hey that gives me an idea.

In a 3-detachment battle allowing VDR you could do a VDR transport that has 10 slots and put in a Harlequin Wraithlord and the 5 Phoenix Lords as the "Court of the Eldar" or something.
"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."

Offline Iron Monkey

• I don't know why I have to put up with this....
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2002, 08:15:53 PM »
Or you could just put the Warithlord in a Viper and watch it not be hurt when the viper is shot down. Haha dirty viper.
Theres a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold, and she's buying the stairway to heaven.

Offline elbroth

• only 75 pts...................
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2002, 02:57:58 PM »
wraith lords can be transported in an eldar vampire raider.its legal to..............678 points or something though..
Go here for mass battle fun.    

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=295603

Offline Ulthos of Aliatoc

• Better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2002, 08:34:41 PM »
The Eldar Vampire Raider from Imperial Armour Cost 780 points, and can Carry 30 models, or 15 Wraithguard.

It is the heavyest transport in the game, and it may not carry an Avatar or Wraithlord.
So I think nothing can carry it
Angels Jagged out before Barrin. Their Magna swords sliced Phyrexians. Blades bit into spiky shoulders. They cleft heads and gutted chests. Magna swords ran black and golden with guts and oil. The Angel song had become a bloody thing, part battle hymn, part requiem.

Still, there were so many shock troops - too many. Phyrexians rose from every hollow and deadfall. Plague infected claws sank into angel throats. Stingers pumped venom into pure hearts.
Angels dropped like moths.

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #8 on: October 2, 2002, 09:42:47 PM »
vampires got seats for people, not enough for the wraithlords : p

hmm, you could make up a wraith transport

my idea is a set of giant 'wings' that are jettisoned on landing, deepstriking wraithlord  ;D
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline Akenseth

• Eldar.... is that some fantasy race?
« Reply #9 on: October 3, 2002, 03:31:09 PM »
In my opinion if you went by flat out rules and not astetics;

A Falcon Grav Tank can Carry "6 MODELS" It may not Carry a Avatar  Wraith Guard Wraithlord or a Squad with an Anti Grav Platform"(Or something to that degree). :-\

Thus A falcon could Carry 6 warwalkers acording to the above rules! ;D But not the Wraitlord. (Sorry fo the earlyer confusion)

Although most players don't accept it(and I Personally don't use it) it COULD be done... with a slight bending of the rules of cource. 8)

Or just get a falcon and a bunch of blue styrofoam insulation(thats what I do to make custom vehicles,and it works well) and make a huge transport deck on the back of whatever vehicle and write up the Vehicle Rules using the VDR. ::)
« Last Edit: October 4, 2002, 06:45:10 AM by Akenseth »
~Akenseth~

Offline Addinarr

• First Venge Mod
  • Ancient
  • Fall for a moment
« Reply #10 on: October 4, 2002, 12:25:51 PM »
Erm.....no. Unless specially designed by VDR, Vehicles may not carry other vehicles. Warwalkers are vehicles. Therefore.....QED.

I could easily imagine a specially designed Vampire transport that could carry 3 Wraithlords lying face down on the transport compartment. They can be dropped off like a bombing run.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2002, 12:29:26 PM by The_Sandman »

When wrong, to be made right.
When right, to be kept right.

Offline Akenseth

• Eldar.... is that some fantasy race?
« Reply #11 on: October 4, 2002, 08:12:45 PM »
Oh well i never had Chapter aproved or the VDR :-\I only had the VDR Q&A and Fixes thing.

Sorry for the confusion... ::)

« Last Edit: October 4, 2002, 08:22:44 PM by Akenseth »
~Akenseth~

Offline Ulthos of Aliatoc

• Better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven
« Reply #12 on: October 9, 2002, 12:20:09 PM »
Sorry, but what is VDR ?   (And where do you get it)

And by the way, where are the rules for the Quin's Wraithlord and other units I saw here? Is there a new version of the Experimental Codex: Harlequins?
Angels Jagged out before Barrin. Their Magna swords sliced Phyrexians. Blades bit into spiky shoulders. They cleft heads and gutted chests. Magna swords ran black and golden with guts and oil. The Angel song had become a bloody thing, part battle hymn, part requiem.

Still, there were so many shock troops - too many. Phyrexians rose from every hollow and deadfall. Plague infected claws sank into angel throats. Stingers pumped venom into pure hearts.
Angels dropped like moths.

Offline Rihshean

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2002, 11:37:21 AM »
VDR - vehicle design rules
Don't know where you can find them for free these days though..

As for sandman's idea.. That sounds like the EVA carriers from Neon Genesis..  ;D

Offline Poueblo

• cheese-tastic
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2002, 10:27:08 AM »
a whole VDR section is in a book called chapter approved.  It's very useful with lots of q&a, and has tonnes a info.  It has a whole section of vdr, which allows you to create basically anything!
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Volo

• Pada-mod Learner / Infinity Circuit
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2002, 02:27:12 PM »
You should be able to carry a Wraithlord if you VDR the Vampire raider, but personally, id prefer the space for aspect warriors or harli troupes.
Eldar ~6000pts
Space Wolves- Black Claw Company, 6,000pts
Saim Hann- ~2000pts and slowly converting over my vanilla Eldar army.

Offline OCR-Geist

• <insert wit here>
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2002, 10:23:36 AM »
my idea is a set of giant 'wings' that are jettisoned on landing, deepstriking wraithlord

Oh now that's just obscene...
'There will be droughts & days innundated...' - Sun Volt

Offline Lanithion

• I'm not a llama!?
« Reply #17 on: November 3, 2002, 06:25:16 PM »
Alright, there is a heavier trasport than the Vampire, but nobody ever aknowleges it. BIOTITANS!!! They do not carry according to what the unit is, but how many wounds it has, so therefore can transport anything that has wounds (and is a tyranid). Also, Wraithlords don't fit DE fluff at all. It just doesn't seem right for an army that is supposed to be fast and fragile to have something with toughness 8.

Anothing thing, I designed a wraithlord variant with a jetpack. I used the large piece of a support wepaon battery. It looks really cool too. I'll get around to postingit when I send my craftworld in for posting. Just thought I'd mention this because of what someone was saying about flying wraithlords.

Honestly though, you gotta keep it fair. Making a wraithlord highly mobile means you can get closer to the enmey to use it's CC weapons. That's why my variant doesn't have a very good CC capability and is pretty much a walking cluster of guns.

Either way, you can't add it to the retinue, I don't think. But, you could always just walk the wraithlord along with the retinue. I'm not sure, but maybe those backpacks on the Incubi will go past it's knees, so that would give it a cover save, I think.
The greatest burning in my soul has been the fact that I own a squadron of Space Marines. That and the fact that I spent money on them. It is a disgrace I doubt I will ever outlive. Even though they do make nice cannon fodder for Banshees and Wraithguard. hehehe

Offline ra-maughn

• i dont eat poop.
« Reply #18 on: November 5, 2002, 06:39:12 AM »
1) If you fielded a DE army and took a harle WL the group I play with would skin you alive for powergaming.

2) fielding a harle WL in a non-harle army as a detachment with no other harles- is cheeze and prolly not allowed.

3) even fielding a harle WL in an ELDAR army is cheeze, ESPECIALLY if you take no other units of harles. Listen man, peeps complain ENOUGH about regular old WL's in the first place.

Why push it? I you want to play a harle WL, then field a harlie army, or use the detachment rules and take a whole detachment of harles.
Given the relationship between DE and Eldar in general, I pretty much douby that harlies would be disappointed if the DE were all wiped out.