News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Kabal of the Dying Sun 2000 PTS  (Read 3498 times)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Kabal of the Dying Sun 2000 PTS
« on: April 8, 2018, 10:41:18 PM »
Drukhari list, with a focus on overwhelming speed tempered with a great dose of overwhelming firepower ;D. Flayed Skull and Red Grief team up and smash from the flanks, the Wyches and Hellions running a screen to keep everything else protected. Obsidian Rose shall hold the back rear objectives and remain stubborn in the face of the foe, but with the extended range of their weapons, they'll also be in a position to lend fire support when needed.

Have many blasters spread amongst the Kabalites so that they can lend support to whatever the Razorwings and the Raider Transports target. I think it'll make them more versatile than just straight up anti-infantry. Speaking of Versatile, the Reaver Jetbikes can provide an ample fire-base against either infantry or vehicles / monstrous units, and even charge in against the wounded for a final blow to struggling units.

Also, question: I couldn't find this in the rulebook, but are infantry units that are embarked on a transport with the 'FLY' keyword considered flying as well? I wonder because of the Kabal of the Flayed Skull rule to re-roll hit rolls of one on anything with the flying keyword. That could go a long way to make my Flayed Skull Kabalites much more effective at whatever they shoot.

Patrol Detachment: Kabal of the Flayed Skull

HQ: Archon: Husk Blade, Blast Pistol, The Obsidian Veil
Warlord: Famed Savagery

Troops:

Kabalite Warriors:
x3 Warriors, Warrior w/ Blaster, Sybarite w/ Power Sword and Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors:
x3 Warriors, Warrior w/ Blaster, Sybarite w/ Power Sword and Splinter Rifle

Dedicated Transport:

Venom: 2x Splinter Cannon

Flyer:

Razorwing Jetfighter:
2x Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon

Razorwing Jetfighter:
2x Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon

Patrol Detachment: Cult of the Red Grief

HQ: Succubus, Blood Glaive, Archite Glaive

Troops:

6x Wyches, Wych w/ Shardnet and Impaler, Hekatrix w/ Agoniser and Splinter Pistol

7x Wyches, x2 Wych w/ Shardnet and Impaler, Hekatrix w/ Agoniser and Splinter Pistol

Dedicated Transport:

Raider: Chain Snares, Dark Lance, Shock Prow

Raider: Chain Snares, Dark Lance, Shock Prow

Fast Attack:

Hellions:
x9 Hellions, 1x Helliarch w/ Stun Claw and Pistol

Reaver Jetbike Squad:
x5 Reaver Jetbikes, 3x Reavers w/ Blasters, Arena Champion w/ Agoniser, 3x Grav-Talons

Patrol Detachment: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose

HQ: Archon: Blast Pistol, Huskblade, Armor of Misery

Troops:

Kabalite Warriors:
x3 Warriors, Warrior w/ Blaster, Sybarite w/ Agoniser and Blast Pistol

Kabalite Warriors:
x7 Warriors, Warrior w/ Blaster, Sybarite w/ Agoniser and Blast Pistol

Dedicated Transport:

Raider: 1x Dark Lances, Shock Prow, Grisly Trophies, Splinter Racks

Flyer:

Void Raven Bomber: 2x Void Lances, Void Raven Missiles

2000/2000
« Last Edit: April 9, 2018, 03:47:23 PM by MyenTal »
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Kabal of the Dying Sun 2000 PTS
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2018, 11:37:53 PM »
Looking good. I'm assuming that one of the archons and the succubus are going in the raider with the smaller wych unit. Where are you planning a keeping the other one? Were you going to keep him on foot with the large units of warriors and maybe WWP them in? Everything is extremely mobile except those large warrior units, which seem somewhat out of place. I know you're trying to cram in that third patrol, but if you take a five man unit from the first patrol with a venom, you can move it to your third patrol. You can then get ride of the two big units and replace with a nine man unit with a raider which gives your second archon somewhere to go. Keeps everyone mobile and keeps you at three patrols.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: April 9, 2018, 03:51:58 PM »
Looking good. I'm assuming that one of the archons and the succubus are going in the raider with the smaller wych unit. Where are you planning a keeping the other one? Were you going to keep him on foot with the large units of warriors and maybe WWP them in? Everything is extremely mobile except those large warrior units, which seem somewhat out of place. I know you're trying to cram in that third patrol, but if you take a five man unit from the first patrol with a venom, you can move it to your third patrol. You can then get ride of the two big units and replace with a nine man unit with a raider which gives your second archon somewhere to go. Keeps everyone mobile and keeps you at three patrols.

Hey, thank you for the advice, dog_of_war, you bring up good points that are difficult to deny. I made some changes to the overall list. I axed the two large units you pointed out, because you are definitely correct about them. I knew they didn't really fit with the list, but I figured they would be okay if they were cosigned to rearguard duty. But I think now that they would be too isolated from the rest of the army that's blitzing forward.

As requested, I moved one of the Flayed Skull Kabalites over into the Obsidian Rose, along with their Venom Transport. I added in a larger squad and a raider to transport them with that Obsidian Archon (which I forgot about :P), and was just able to fit in a Void Raven outfitted with Missiles to complete their patrol force.

I'm now sitting at 2000 on the nose. Let me know what you think!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #3 on: April 9, 2018, 05:29:00 PM »
Much better and optimized. I believe the reroll on ones is for any Flayed Skull unit, not just units with the fly keyword, but it is only applying to rapid fire weapons, so your splinter rifles and cannons. The fly specific rule is just for the movement portion.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: April 9, 2018, 08:18:56 PM »
Correct you are! Alright, that Flayed Skull rule is actually better than I realized, cool. I guess that's a list to place into my personal archive ;D.

Offline Revener

• Moooo!
    • VÄS
« Reply #5 on: May 6, 2018, 05:12:13 AM »
You have two artefacts of cruelty, I thought you could only have one per army.
Anyway......

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #6 on: May 6, 2018, 10:37:11 AM »
You have two artefacts of cruelty, I thought you could only have one per army.

There is a strat that every army gets - 1CP for one extra relic or 3CP for two extra. DE are one of the few armies that is actually able and wants to make use of this.
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Revener

• Moooo!
    • VÄS
« Reply #7 on: May 7, 2018, 08:53:26 AM »
Ah.. ok  havn't played much this edition. :)
Anyway......

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #8 on: May 7, 2018, 08:45:53 PM »
Hey Revener, sorry for the late reply, but just wanted to confirm what Faitherun said. Basically just commands points being used to unlock that second relic.

Offline Revener

• Moooo!
    • VÄS
« Reply #9 on: May 8, 2018, 09:51:14 AM »
No worries, I´ve been incredibly lazy with 40k in this and the former edition. :)

Bought the new Codex though so time to kick myself in the arse. :)
Anyway......