News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I need advice on how to kill you.  (Read 825 times)

Offline *Nosferatu*

• Why Hello There
I need advice on how to kill you.
« on: May 10, 2007, 06:54:22 PM »
Alright, forgive my bluntness here, but I'm a going against some friends of mine tomorrow and I believe I am royally boned good and proper. It will be two on two with my friend and I as IG and Space wolves respectively. My two other friends will be playing as Iron Warriors and Dark Eldar.

I know some ways of fighting against the IW, but I'm still screwed. Simply put, are there anything in the Imperial Arsenal that simply brings terror to your heart? I will need all the help I can get against them.

Please and Thank you.

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
Re: I need advice on how to kill you.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 07:18:12 PM »
One word. HELLHOUND!!! Don't have one? Buy one. Have one? Buy another. Burn them all in the name of the Emperor!!! Hahaha!

Mr.Squid
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Grumpy Kwi

• Archite
  • Ancient
  • Ask me for the DE True Type Font
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 07:22:24 PM »
One word, Hellhound.  Any flamer is the bane of our existence and the Hellhound I fear above all else.

Things that give me problems:
  • Flame templates
  • Indirect fire (more templates)
  • Ogryns actually were quite annoying and had more stamina than I cared for
  • Anything that has 48" range
  • Being outnumbered 2 to 1 in CC.

But I have to admit that the Dark Eldar and Iron Warriors are complete opposites and I think they complement each other very nicely. If it was me playing as DE, I would focus on a total rush army while the IW sit back and fire from the back court.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 07:23:55 PM by Kwi »

Offline Shizukanashi

• Warrior
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 07:34:34 PM »
Yeah Hellhounds are the bane of all eldar kin, dark and light both.  Heavy bolters too.  Ofcourse with Dark Eldar you have to take down the raider first.  The Heavy Bolter can do this, the Hellhound cant.  I would take as many Heavy bolters and as many templates as possible, especially the Hellhounds. 

The think I hate most about Dark Eldar is sure you can take down 2 or 3 raiders and kill everybody inside before we get to you, but there are 3 or 4 more you didnt.   
You ignorant Mon-keigh and your rotting corpse of a god, may Khaine strike you down swift and true and ease your suffering.

Ankhet come play a fun online game.

Offline *Nosferatu*

• Why Hello There
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 07:36:28 PM »
Yea, I definately planned on putting in a Hellhound, a Chimera, two Leman Russes, and a Demolisher to combat the DE. My biggest concern however is getting slaughtered in CC and at the mercy of their armor shredding attacks.

Offline Shizukanashi

• Warrior
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 07:46:15 PM »
No no.  I don't think there is a way to deal with CC against Dark Eldar.  Wytches are the best in the game in CC and Warriors are pretty mean too.  You can try to out number, but you best bet is just to bring your guns to the knife fight.  I guess I have had some sucess with an Avitar, but I dont know what IG have that would be able to face DE in CC.  Shoot them before they get to you.
You ignorant Mon-keigh and your rotting corpse of a god, may Khaine strike you down swift and true and ease your suffering.

Ankhet come play a fun online game.

Offline Tyhaldras

• Hope for the best, expect the worst...
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 08:02:50 PM »
Heh, one problem with using all those Leman Russ variants is IW and DE can have an abundance of weapons that can kill those pretty fast. Though if you're careful they definitely can put the hurt on. Of course you can use them as cover for your infantry as well.

Obviously shooting the Dark Eldar works, but expect to get in CC with something nasty. If you put some more expendible stuff further forward to get charged and die you can draw them out of transports and shoot them once they butcher your men. Or you can do the opposite and take large units (conscripts basically) and tarpit the Dark Eldar units until you can direct enough fire at the area (once your men die or break).

Since you have Space Wolf allies you might consider interspersing them among your guard units. Space Wolves get counter-assault so even if they get charged they can easily get 10-15 guys fighting. And if the Dark Eldar kill guard squads or consolidate into new ones the Space Wolves can charge in and get more attacks and shred those little Eldar. Honestly both sides in your match have armies with completary units and tactics so you can impose on your allies to help out with your weaknesses.
W/L/D record
Craftworld Eldar: 26-1-3
Dwarfs: 11-7-7
Vostroyans: having too much fun to care

Offline BrotherTerran

• good, bad, I'm the kitty with the gun
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 08:25:29 PM »
I'd say SW in front of IG, get a good amount of indirect fire, 2 basilisk and 2 mortar sqauds, maybe a HQ mortar as well. Keep a demolisher tank for annoying termies.  I'd help give some point disbursements, but not sure how many points your are playing with.  IG take a small amount of RR for IW and ogryns for DE as a counter attack to help out SW lines.  Use SW scouts to take out annoying basilisk/tanks from the IW. So if you can manage- 2 hellhounds, 2 basilisk, get plasma where you can
"Its the thought that counts, but the results that matter"

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's your emperor now?
    • Vengeance of the Fallen [Dutch]
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 03:26:29 AM »
Sentinels in CC, its hard for us to take them down due to our low S. We will only be able to hit them on WS and glance them on 6's. [It works.]

Keep them behind some terrain, and when he charges countercharge with them. It should be able to hold up the squad long enough for you to either pile in 30 guardsman or move away.

Trust me it works.

Aside of that piling in with dozens of guardsman. The trick with DE is not to allow your opponent to strike back. If you pile in then you will most likely lose 6-10 guard and then start chopping down wyches and the like. Be sure to do this with warpbeast. They might do allot of damage, but they only have a 6+ save which means that they are pretty much dead once you pile in on them.

That is all the information I am going to give you, I don't want to spread to much anti tactics :P.