News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: i think i've just gone crazy... ( painting)  (Read 1147 times)

Offline nesbitt_bub1

• Infinity Circuit
  • Stop looking at my AVATAR, read what i did write!!
i think i've just gone crazy... ( painting)
« on: February 8, 2006, 01:21:10 AM »
whoa it's 6.30 AM here.... i've been up all night, and i had a brainwave at about 3am!

What would a RJB look like in second world war RAF aircraft colours? You know camo on top, white underneath...

well the base coats are on... the camo up top os looking good and i think I'm onto somthing for a whole new concept for my army. Raiders will look awsome in this scheme i think.

I've got the batteries on charge for the camera ATM.... will post some piccies later after i get some sleep!

Offline archondav

• Warrior
  • Master Haemonculus
Re: i think i've just gone crazy... ( painting)
« Reply #1 on: February 8, 2006, 09:39:47 AM »
That's a great idea except I'm thinking they may look a little too much like IG tanks.

Offline nesbitt_bub1

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #2 on: February 8, 2006, 06:44:24 PM »
hehhe sorry not got the photo's up yet... yes they do look very IG, but in all fairness if a lord had scouts they would be fast and lightly armoured. RJB's are the obvios option... so been able to blend in a little would be advantageous to the suprise of the main assault. Thinking about doing 5 in the green camo, another 5 in grey and blue (sea) camo. and a final 5 in sand camo.... will be a nice change to the normal black with gold pointy bits and other garish colour schemes that the DE are famous for!

Offline visiondancer

« Reply #3 on: February 9, 2006, 11:05:19 AM »
I'm interested in seeing this--you've sparked my interest in some sort of urban camo scheme for the vehicles, jetbikes and talos. Especially with the new city book comming out sometime in the future. I wonder how rust and dust colors would look.
"We gotta go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"  --  Wash, Firefly

Offline -The Reaper-

• Ordo Punkus - Emo Hunters
« Reply #4 on: February 9, 2006, 11:44:40 AM »
The problem is though, i expect that the DE only attack in the day if forced too. So if painted any colours i'd expect them to be black, sorry dude i don't mean to p**s on your fire.   ;)

Offline nesbitt_bub1

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #5 on: February 9, 2006, 05:38:53 PM »
yeah i have no problem with them only attacking at night.... but if your casing a raid, you need to know the whereabouts of the wepons, when supplies arrive ect.

I'm thinking about making the kabal side of my army into an advanced scout party. They camp on the other side of the planet and stake out the raid.... they have reconosance, and a constant supply of information from other infiltrators.... Basically if your going to set up shop on somones elses turf you need to be able to hide... and the DE may only attack duing the night but through the day when there all camped up having the equipment hidden would be a bonus.

Now you say but they can attack directly from commoragh.... Yes they can. But that would probably be a call to arms for an assault thats failing or to make up the needed numbers that the scout's lack. Also been near to the place your going to attack means you can spook the locals a bit, and disrupt supplies. Starve them, get them scared.... makes the souls taste good... i think most of the raiders will be camo painted. Exept for the lords raider... which should be more akin to a flying throne... the warriors will also remain black for the majority.

i have the camera here now, and am taking piccies of the RJB in a minute or 2.

it's in the gallery...

http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=830&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=17615

thats the link but i don't know if it works
« Last Edit: February 9, 2006, 05:49:26 PM by nesbitt_bub1 »

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
« Reply #6 on: February 9, 2006, 10:12:32 PM »
Nice paint scheme on the RJB.  I like it.  Out of the ordinary for what you would think of in the terms of Dark Eldar.  That can be a good thing on occasion.
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
« Reply #7 on: February 9, 2006, 10:29:10 PM »
The first thing that sprang to my mind when I saw it was that it looks like a shark. Specifically like a tigershark's hide, dark mottled on the top and pale underneath. I'm really tempted to re-do a squad of mine like that now! Only I'd keep their blue-black top, and fade into a pale bone colour on the underside.

Offline visiondancer

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 03:10:47 AM »
I like it. I really appreciate you taking the time to share it--it is very different from the "codex" jobs and that is a good thing. I think I will take some time to try something along those lines once I get some reavers or raiders.
"We gotta go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"  --  Wash, Firefly

Offline nesbitt_bub1

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 07:34:10 AM »
i can't belive no-one though about the colour scheme before! or at least attempted it.

Yeah i'm definatly going to make a good proportion of my army into this sort of sheme now just to be different... i already have another 4 RJB's been painted up. But i think i'm going to swap the slightly blue tint of the underside to skull white. It looks a lot cleaner. I still haev to work out the scheme for the riders, but i'm sure they would not be black and gold either. Firstly it would spoil the overall effect, secondly it would probably not fit the fluff i'm creating for my Kabal.

Thanks for all the positive feedback you guys :) maybe sleep deprivation is a good thing!

Offline archondav

• Warrior
  • Master Haemonculus
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 12:23:19 PM »
I like the pic. It's a really good idea. I have another idea for you. If you would like a more sneaky night camo look, try using the camo scheme from a Lancaster Bomber (camo on top, black on bottom). That could look really sweet.

Offline nesbitt_bub1

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 03:53:08 PM »
Ima have to go search for piccies of them... will make some nice fluffy day/night RJB's