News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Looted Vehicles  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Lord Argroth

• Death to the withered old man on the golden toilet
Looted Vehicles
« on: July 17, 2002, 04:49:35 PM »
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Ferret.htm

Ok, I'm excited!! Could this be a sign of things to come? Are Forge World gonna produce a whole series of looted vehicles? 1 thing I gotta admit is that this model looks brilliant!
Death to the enemies of Lord Argroth!

Think you can beat the name Lord Argroth?Then please send me a Personal Message with a cool name for a Khorne Lord but one which also fits in with normal Black Legion armies PLEASE!

Yeah but Slaanesh followers aren't real men. I mean who would walk around threatening people with a speaker and a siren? ;)
Quoted from Silverthorn

Offline ddtedie

Re:Looted Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 05:06:29 PM »
While I do think it is a great conversion, I don't particularly care to loot rhinos in my Ork force. I like my basilisk. I know a lot of other Ork players loot that vehicle as well, but to me, it is just the most effective out of all the looted vehicles. If you break down, and it is a "may not move this turn" result, so be it. I didn't want to move it anyway. Just my opinion though.

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 12:12:48 PM »
phwa. not that great. plus converting ur own looted tanks is heaps of fun!
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2002, 08:39:46 PM »
Sweet, there not bad. Plus side you can take 3 Rhinos as Looted Vehicles.

Offline Harlequin Solitaire

• Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2002, 10:39:08 AM »
Basalisks Rule!
"An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind" - Gandhi

Offline Poueblo

• cheese-tastic
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2002, 07:11:08 PM »
one of my friends has started looting a basilisk.  However, i llike the look of the rhino, although i do think they could have made it more orky
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Imperial Sardaukar

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2002, 03:50:47 AM »
Do you have to roll on that damn break down test every single fething turn?
And if i had a looted Basilisk behind a building, and i rolled breakdown, and it had to move forward 2d6 straight ahead....what the heck would happen? It implodes?

???

Offline Archon Xanath

• RTFM
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2002, 11:51:08 AM »
Yes, you must roll every turn.  Makes it interesting.

Not really covered in the rules, but a fun opportunity to make some up.  I see three options, really.

- Difficult terrain test
 - Immobilization
 - Glancing hit

That's in order of nastiness.  I think I'd argue hardest for No. 2 if my opponent had that happen to him.

AX

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2002, 07:03:35 PM »
what exactly do you mean "not exactly covered in the rules" it has the breakdown rules in the looted vehicle section of the ork codex. roll a d6 at the start of the turn. if a one is rolled then roll again and there is either, no moving for the turn roll again on chart next turn, may not move this turn, and roll 2d6 and move vehicle staight ahead making any difficult terrain test or tank shocks needed.

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2002, 08:05:26 PM »
I believe he means what is not covered in the codex is what happens if you move 2d6 straight into an obstacle.

And what happens if you roll a 1? You roll again for that turn, and cant move next turn? Im slightly confused on the wording.

Offline Insidious Heresy

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2002, 08:21:29 PM »
yes that is the exact word from the codex.. a little confusing but  it means your imobilised for the turn you rolled it for, then next turn you roll automaticly for the breakdown chaart and not to see if it brokedown, which means you may have to be imobilised for another turn or go straight ahead 2d6 so on and so forth

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2002, 02:09:17 AM »
 ???

Alright, seriously...im lost now.
If you roll a 1 for a breakdown test.....you are immoblized for THAT turn. But the roll of 1 result says you roll again on the chart the next turn. Wouldnt you do that anyway if the Breakdown test is each turn? Why would a 1 matter one way or another? You have to roll on the chart again anyway. So, i understand everything but the frickin roll of 1.

If i roll a 1. Then im immoblized for that turn. So why would it tell me to roll again on the chart the next turn? Someone has already said that im going to roll on the breakdown chart anyway.

Offline Insidious Heresy

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2002, 10:31:03 AM »
you dont break down every turn. other wise what woud be the point of buying transports?.  Yopu first roll a d6 and if you roll a 1 on the dice six then you roll on the breakdown. if you roll a one for the breakdown then you are immobilised for that turn and then automaticly breakdown next turn also. so you roll a breakdown d6 whic wil mmost likely immobilise you with a 2-5 roll. but then you are back to normal unless you roll another 1 and then the cycle goes again.

Offline The False Emporor

• "We have come for you!" - Night Lords battlecry
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2002, 12:39:57 AM »
Even though i dont play orks I want too alot probably feral orks but to the point...Holy crap... That thing looks oddly like my looted pred. Mine has an ork with axe stiking out and the fronts all "blown" out. I also took of storm bolter and replaced it wit two shootas...
Not a single body of a night lords chaos space marine was found on the planet. However, given the symbols duabed in blood and the ashen corpses lying dead in thier beds, in the streets, and in the parks, the fate of Grendels World was unmistakably thier work. It can only be hoped the sensless genocide of the populuce can furnis us with a little more infomation on how to scour this menace from the face of the imperium.

Offline flayling_wildly

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2002, 02:11:53 AM »
I think converting your own looted vehicles and battlewagons is half of the fun of an ork army it lets you add your own personality to them. But for people without the time or imagination "what are you doing playing 40K!" Seriously they are a good idea to but if you need them quickly or have a limited bits box.
friendly fire isn't