News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I'm really stuck please help.  (Read 1303 times)

Offline shmee shmee

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning
I'm really stuck please help.
« on: May 14, 2005, 05:20:58 AM »
 I began my first DE army with great hope but now I'm becoming stuck to make up 2 troops choices in a 1000pt army list.
It's a WWP army list and it contains 4 haemoncul( Please say if it is a bad list) well then here goes:(All underlined are in a WWP)

HQ:

Haemonculus     55pts
     reaver J.bike
     Scissorhand

Haemonculus     55pts
     reaver J.bike
     Scissorhand

Haemonculus     55pts
     reaver J.bike
     Scissorhand

Haemonculus     55pts
     reaver J.bike
     Scissorhand

ELITES:

5 warp beasts   75pts
          1 beast master

10 wyches             140pts
          10 wych weapons

10 wyches                 195pts
          10 wych weapons
          Raider

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Talos                          100pts

Ravager                       120pts
         2 desintergrators

TROOPS:

17 warriors                216pts
            2 splinter cannons
            Syrabite
            WWP

Thx I need to know what to get rid of and what to take in order to fill out 1000pts

« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 05:23:29 AM by shmee shmee »
it was harry...

Offline Mahahelel

• Grotesque
Re: I'm really stuck please help.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 09:45:36 AM »
I began my first DE army with great hope but now I'm becoming stuck to make up 2 troops choices in a 1000pt army list.
It's a WWP army list and it contains 4 haemoncul( Please say if it is a bad list) well then here goes:(All underlined are in a WWP)

HQ:

Haemonculus     55pts
     reaver J.bike
     Scissorhand

Haemonculus     55pts
     reaver J.bike
     Scissorhand

Haemonculus     55pts
     reaver J.bike
     Scissorhand

Haemonculus     55pts
     reaver J.bike
     Scissorhand

ELITES:

5 warp beasts   75pts
          1 beast master

10 wyches             140pts
          10 wych weapons

10 wyches                 195pts
          10 wych weapons
          Raider

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Talos                          100pts

Ravager                       120pts
         2 desintergrators

TROOPS:

17 warriors                216pts
            2 splinter cannons
            Syrabite
            WWP

Thx I need to know what to get rid of and what to take in order to fill out 1000pts
Drop the wyche squad not in the raider, and two Hamies. That gives you about 190 pts to use to make another warior squad make it about 14 man squad you don't really need a full squad at 1000 pts to carry the WWP.

Give your other Hamies destuctors as well as SH, I'd also put a succubus with an AG in your other wyche squad and put them in the WWP too.
To absent friends...
Pfc. Nicholas J. Greer Oct. 7th 2005 C Co. 3/504 PIR 82nd
Sgt. Eric A. Fifer Oct. 7th 2005 C Co. 3/504 PIR 82nd
Sgt. Charles Wyckoff Jun. 6th 2008 C Co. 1/508 PIR 82nd

Offline shmee shmee

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 12:43:27 PM »
 The wych squad not in a raider are in the WWP and what is wrong with the haemonuli arethey just too many points, I don't quite know what you are saying about the wyches could you please rephrase it but thx anyway
it was harry...

Offline Rathnard

• Sybarite
  • If you were dead, I'd be home by now...
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 11:14:44 PM »
Well first off, the 4 haemonculi on jetbikes probably aren't going to work. Even with the high toughness they are probably going to be taken down in very easilly in HTH. Haemonculi on jetbikes work best when you give them destructors, so they can fly around burninating the enemy.  ;)

You also have only one WWP = very, very bad. A smart player will wipe that warrior squad out very quickly, denying you the chance to open it. Of course, in a 1000 point army you don't normally have enough space to throw in two, so the next best alternative is to give it to a WELL PROTECTED (read: shadow field) haemonculus or Lord.

I really prefer to use WWPs in games larger than 1000pts, but if you're intent on trying it out, I'll see what I can do;

My suggestions are that you should take out:
2 of the haemonculi
The reaver jetbike on one of the remaining haemonculi
The Wyches on foot
The Ravager
The WWP and sybarite on your warrior squad
...giving you about 450 (?) points to play with.

You should then add...
A destructor for your Reaver jetbike haemonculus
A WWP, Shadowfield and destructor for your Haemonculus on foot
2 Blasters for your warrior squad
A succubus w. Trophy racks and an agoniser for your wych squad
10x Warriors with 2 Dark lances
...leaving you with about 200 (?) points.

From there, you could do a couple of things with the points, but I would personally take a 10 man raider squad with a splinter cannon, blaster, sybarite w. Agoniser, and a horrorfex (about 185 points), and them pour the rest of the points into filling out your 2 warrior squads on foot.

The list you should have after that could probably do with a bit more tweaking (IMO, I wouldn't take the wyches at all in 1000 points, but I suspect a few other guys would disagree with me on that), but it's a very good start.

BTW I'm not absolutely positive, but I think your wych squads may be less points than you've put there. I suggest you double check those points values, as well as the points values for your other units (like those jetbikes).

"There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything"

-Werner Erhard

Offline Mahahelel

• Grotesque
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 12:48:48 AM »
I agree with every thing rathnard said, except for the part about not taking wyches.

Your wyches that I suggested putting in the WWP where the ones on the raider. If your oppent knows there are wyches on the board he will shoot every thing he can at them.

Your bikes do seem a bit short one points, they should be 65 points, and your wyches in the raider should be 185.
To absent friends...
Pfc. Nicholas J. Greer Oct. 7th 2005 C Co. 3/504 PIR 82nd
Sgt. Eric A. Fifer Oct. 7th 2005 C Co. 3/504 PIR 82nd
Sgt. Charles Wyckoff Jun. 6th 2008 C Co. 1/508 PIR 82nd

Offline Rathnard

• Sybarite
  • If you were dead, I'd be home by now...
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 01:20:55 AM »
Your wyches that I suggested putting in the WWP where the ones on the raider. If your oppent knows there are wyches on the board he will shoot every thing he can at them.

I agree. I said to ditch the wyches on foot, but I probably also should have mentioned that the other wych squad should be in the WWP (as well as the raider squad if you choose to take one).  ::)

"There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything"

-Werner Erhard

Offline ArchonCryx

• Dracon Author of long replies
  • Ancient
  • Dracon: Kabal of the Bloodied Claw of Despair
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 06:50:53 AM »
Rathnard gives good advice here, he's probably one of the most knowledgable about using WWP armies atm. I agree that 1000pts is a bit low for WWP armies as I reckon you need two WWPs but until you get to 1500points it's too much to invest in 2 pieces of wargear. So definitely put the WWP on an IC and hide it behind a squad or two of warriors. Personally Id probably not go the WWP list at <1500, but since I ytend to play 1500+ all the time, its common

I would like to point out that Im not a fan of loading up a Haemonculus(Destructor and Scissorhands are good) with Shadowfield on top pof the WWP. SUre, it makes the Haemonculus nigh indestructable - at least until he gets to deploy the WWP. However, what is he going to do after he deploys the WWP? WHile it is true that such a Haemmy is more effective in melee than an ordinary Haemmy, by investing another 15 points you could take a Dracon with Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, COmbat Drugs, Shadow Field, and Webway Portal. Dracons are much more awesome oin close combat and have the same Independent Character virtues - can safely hide behind a squad safe in the knowledge that she's untargettable.

Warp Beasts are an excellent unit to be in the webway, as are Raider borne WYches. The WYches can ride their raider even if the WWP is surrounded, move their 12", jump out,Fof and assault for an amazing charge radius (21-26", or 27-32" if rolling 12" assault!), usually the warp Beasts can keep up if the target's 20" or so away, and the Dracon can use her Combat Drug Dispenser to do likewise. She can move as quick as the Warp Beasts, which is the reason why I often pair my warp Beast pack with my on foot Lord.

If using a Ravager - consider a 3 dissie variety and putting it in the webway. Imagine opening the WWP and all of the sudden a WYch Raider, a warrior Raider, a Ravager AND a Talos all come through! The enemy will have too many targets to choose from - with some like the wyches having already engaed a shooty unit or two, limiting is shooting directly. In this situation the Ravager can both do a lot of damage and have a better chance of surviving because the enemy is busy dealing with the wave of close combat nightmare coming his way!

It's also handy for taking care of pesky enemies who try to be smart and surround your wwp. The Raiders and Ravagers are skimmers and can fly over the heads of the enemy troops! It can then turn around and target these closely packed together troops for some template lovin'! Especially fun if they're silly enough to surround your WWP with, say, their Deep Strike Terminator squads! :D Remember new deepstrike rules mean that up to 7 models will fit under a single blast template after a deep strike!

Good luck

"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines   ;)

Lords of Terra (Open) +High Lords (invitational)- Sydney July 24-25 2012, 1750pts, check lordsofterra.com

Offline humanshield

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 04:36:08 PM »
i think you should stop playing 1000 pt armies and start playing larger games like 1500 + because i find that dark eldar are better when u play larger games