News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: PPP mission  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Archon Jah Anubiis

• The Kabal of the Unholy Cross
PPP mission
« on: April 6, 2002, 08:13:10 AM »
Has anyone played a Preparotary Push and Probe Mission. Well anyway:

For controlling your deployment zone = +100 VP's
For controlling your deployment zone and your second quarter zone = +300 VP's
For controlling your deployment zone and your second quarter zone and the enemies second quarter = +700 VP's
For controlling all quarters = +1500 VP's

For controlling a decisive piece of terrain = +400 VP's

For any enemy HQ destroyed = +200 VP's

Of course against WE I got battered. They were in CC by the second turn and are designed to move forward. At least I took out over 50% of their army. The only highlight for me was destroying a Rhino with a Dark Lance Squad and then wiping out an entire squad of 8 berzerkers with my 3 disintegrator ravager. Oh yeah, and wiping out all but one terminator when my retinue appeared. It was the damn Bloodthirster that did the damage, killing my Talos, wiping out two squads and finishing off my retinue by charging them down after they broke because of the Bloodthirster's special rules. Of course, this meant they controlled all the zones and got thousands of VP's. Not nice.

The second battle, against Ultramarines, favoured me much more. It looked like I controlled the first, second and third zones, I killed the enemy HQ and held the bunker, the decisive piece of terrain. That is a lot of VP's. But, grrrrrrr, in the last turn the bunker was finally destroyed. Thats 400 VP's down the drain. Also, it turned out at the end of the game that I controlled the second and third quarters, but not my deployment zone because of a Rhino sat on the far side. This meant I did not have 50% more points in that zone and meant I couldn't control the other zones. I only had a Raider with a disintegrator, 60 pts, and a warrior, 8 pts. A matter of 7 pts to control all those zones. The Ultramarines got +100 VP's for controlling their zone and I only got +200 VP's for destroying the enemy HQ. That resulted in me having only about 100 more VP's resulting in a draw. If the game lasted 2 more turns or so, I would have totally wiped them out.
"Slanesh shall sleep again, the power of my minions will overwhelm!"