News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: ASSASSINS  (Read 5410 times)

kademorton

Re: ASSASSINS
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2002, 04:55:32 PM »
interesting...santa s claws you had the same problem typing that word.i wont type that word because it wil come out wrong. just under "i for one Don't think ;D"
hey moderators why is that happening?

Offline AntiSocial

• I refuse to be a llama
« Reply #21 on: April 2, 2002, 01:08:43 AM »
Here are my thoughts on it. ather than make some big flashy assassin/merc, I think they should create a highly secrative and pretty uber new aspect warrior, a group designed to go along with an eldar army and take out key targets. Give them great stealth and good CC skills, basically they slip in, take out something like the HQ or heavy support, then vanish back into the shadows only to strike again.  

They shouldn't be an eldar sniper, that's what the rangers are supposed to be for. They should also be able to crack both vehicles and infantry since they target ammo dumps and the likes as well as people.

Finally, regarding how powerful they are, I think they should be more powerful than imperial assassins. Look at it this way, an imperial assassin is trained in their role for about 20 years, training constantly day in day out. These a re a group of eldar who do the same thing, expect they do it for hundreds of years instead of a few decades. Which is why I think harlies should at least get an assassin dodge, but that's another gripe al together.

kademorton

« Reply #22 on: April 2, 2002, 02:59:16 AM »
have a look at the dark templars post.

Offline esparza

• just, dont mess with me ok?
« Reply #23 on: April 2, 2002, 08:46:39 AM »
 ;) :) here are my thoughts on it, pppppppppppppppphhh hhhhhhhhhhhh * blows a raspberry * :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :'( :-\ :-X :-[ :P ::) ??? 8) :o :( >:( ;D :D :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :'(

MYYYY, LOOK AT ALL THE LOVELY PEOPLE! DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM ;)
cheers,
            esparza
e-mail me at - esparza110@msn.com
i will kill all who dare oppose me!

kademorton

« Reply #24 on: April 2, 2002, 06:16:09 PM »
i get the disturbing feeling there is something wrong with you esparza... :-[

Death_on_demand

« Reply #25 on: April 2, 2002, 06:40:47 PM »
nah exocutioner he's just a 'nid player like me ;)

mmm space marine DNA yummm

Offline esparza

« Reply #26 on: April 2, 2002, 08:00:05 PM »

i get the disturbing feeling there is something wrong with you esparza... :-[

you are the slowest person i know ;D
cheers,
            esparza

Offline wolfsbane21

« Reply #27 on: April 3, 2002, 02:32:20 AM »

nah exocutioner he's just a 'nid player like me ;)

So what so am I , it doesn't mean you have to be an airhead
"Hold still pretty thing, I want to make your death as artistic as possible." A wych to her craft-world prey in the Arena.

kademorton

« Reply #28 on: April 3, 2002, 03:53:27 AM »
im a tyranid player too. i agree with wolfsbane21.

Hivemind2

« Reply #29 on: April 3, 2002, 02:39:15 PM »
I think its funny that all the Tyranid players are getting together to design an Eldar assassin   ;) ;)

Or then again mayben not - to paraphrase Monty Python...
;D  mmmm Eldar DNA, yummy!   ;D

Oh, and the problem your having with gettng certain words to appear I think has something to do with some editing software on the site.  I've noticed that if a person has 'my a$$' typed that it is replaced with 'I disagree'.  Its funny because the program doing the replacing does not test for spaces on either side the phrase.  So I've frequently seen 'enemy a$$ault' changed to 'eneI disagreeault'.  

I've gotten used to it, but now I wonder if we should let one of the Mods know to see if it can be corrected.

Offline drowgamer

• Behold the power of Chesse, gone bad
« Reply #30 on: April 3, 2002, 03:14:04 PM »

Really, I think they just need to make Mandrakes a bit more useful... they're kind of pathetic as it is now.

That would be enough... either make them stronger, or faster, or cheaper, or let them take characters... as it is, all they have is the special character Decapitator, who doesn't even have an official model - he has to be converted.

DE don't *need* an assassin... they don't even really need Mandrakes, but it'd be nice if these rather cool units could have some value to an actual army.

I'm a big fan of mandrakes, saved my but a couple of times taking table quarters or getting the very nice cross fire. I Belive with the rules in the Codex update that GW produced they should be able to infiltrate or at least get a free 6" move before the start of the game. Just my thoughts. What do all of you think?

Death_on_demand

« Reply #31 on: April 3, 2002, 07:37:50 PM »

So what so am I , it doesn't mean you have to be an airhead

everyone I misread the post that whasshis face made, hence my impression was changed

kademorton

« Reply #32 on: April 4, 2002, 03:48:30 AM »
oh, ok....

Offline esparza

« Reply #33 on: April 5, 2002, 08:31:39 AM »
 ::) ??? 8) :o :( :( >:( :D :-X :-[ :P :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :'( :) ;) ;D :( ??? >:( ::) ??? 8) :o :(

MYYYYYY look at all the lovely people!HAY look out for nids!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG GGGGHH

): :/>:;?/.,":/><
thats all thats left ;D ;) 8)
cheers,
            esparza

kademorton

« Reply #34 on: April 5, 2002, 03:51:14 PM »
if there is no aparent point to your post THAT IS SPAMMING!!! STOP IT!!! >:(

Offline wolfsbane21

« Reply #35 on: April 5, 2002, 04:32:57 PM »
Maybe it's just me , but I think it's better to ask the moderators to close this topic, it's no longer about assassins. It's really getting out of hand, so wat do you think executioner?
"Hold still pretty thing, I want to make your death as artistic as possible." A wych to her craft-world prey in the Arena.

Cheantoa

« Reply #36 on: April 5, 2002, 05:33:07 PM »
Well OK let's just forget most stuff said previously on this post- Instead of closing it- and go back to assasins

Do we make one that goes for any Eldar race? or one per Eldar race?

I beleive that we hould have a general Eldar assasin, not a DE assasin, cw assasin, possibly harlequin assasin (I'm keeping the pirate Skulker)

So- Not dramatic stats, but changable rules depending on what you pay for?

kademorton

« Reply #37 on: April 6, 2002, 03:48:51 AM »
i like the skulker idea, all eldar should be able to use these guys. they wander the webway, constantly looking for oppertunitys to test there martial prowness to the full. with your opponents consent any eldar race can use them. modify the knife in the dark rule though.

Cheantoa

« Reply #38 on: April 6, 2002, 04:35:00 AM »
So...

The Skulkers form... Their own guild? And they (when called upon) will go out to assist some Eldar force (for a price of course)?

I can hack that.

What d'ya want changed about knife in the dark though?

Offline farseer john the shortsighted

• The sign said DO NOT TOUCH, not DONUTS!!!!
« Reply #39 on: April 6, 2002, 04:54:55 AM »
hmmm...sound a bit like Warhammer fantasy overlaping with 40k...but hey I cool with it.

Wat will his/her stats be like?

wat abilities would s/he would s/he have?

I tend to picture the rangers/pathfinder as something similar to a eldar assasin. But the dont seem to fit into the role of assasine really well, with they average stats.
The sign said DO NOT TOUCH, not DONUTS!!!!