News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Host of Dann  (Read 7129 times)

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: Host of Dann
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2017, 11:38:18 PM »
Cheers Looshkin!
Will do some experimenting and see what happens.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2017, 11:06:06 AM »
Cavalier:
These are an example of what I was talking about with swapping legs with Jump troop and charging troop. My Battle Leader, Knook, with the jump pack and a Wolf Guard wielding the axe.

As you can tell they are only at the undercoating stage.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:07:42 AM by Saim-dann »

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2017, 02:14:22 PM »
Sweet! They look great bud. Yeah I can see how nice the legs are on that kit. Definitley something to keep an eye on. My bro will be modelling these up and he's a Ravenguard guy with 20-30 jump infantry so he's a pro. I'll reference these to him though for sure. Thanks bud!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2017, 09:05:34 PM »
G'day all!
Life has been bogging the painting front for a wee bit so I thought I'd better post something to clear the cobwebs from this project blog. Have been building more snow terrain. Gave my other batch away to a mate who didn't have any. Am building it all at once, so it shows you just how easy they are to build and you can see the different stages in one image.

The centre piece will be the next tutorial, "Bunker on a hill".

The large area is to house a Rhino chassy.

The details of how it works in play will be in the tutorial.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #44 on: June 1, 2017, 12:24:02 AM »
Cool stuff going on here. I like the rocky crops. The battlements surrounded by vanilla icing looks delicious, haha, seriously gonna look great when you get done bud.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #45 on: June 1, 2017, 08:05:18 AM »
Looks so good Dann! Damn man I LOVE that freaking bunker! Wow... gotta show this to my brother. He loves making terrain and I do too. Super inspirational... really reminds me of the design of the classic cardstock fortifications and buildings you could get from GW which I love to death.

Love the angles on each of the corners too. Damn man this stuff is glorious. LOVE IT!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #46 on: June 1, 2017, 08:51:11 AM »
The terrain pieces are looking very promising.  That bunker, in particular, will make a great centre piece of a compound or as a location to capture in a take and hold type scenario.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #47 on: June 1, 2017, 08:10:00 PM »
G'day Dread!
Thanks mate. Truly appreciate your opinion. Vanilla icing... Bwahaha!

Hey Cavalier!
Cheers for the encouragement. Used to make bunkers a little thicker so as not to look like the card terrain from GW. They are a lot of work though and I'm getting lazy in my old age.

Hi Irisado!
Good call on the take and hold scenario. Will be placed in the centre of the table till more bunker systems are built for a siege champagne. Thanks for the critique.

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #48 on: June 3, 2017, 05:05:11 AM »
Love the scenery man! That's shaping up really nicely already :) can't wait to see it painted up.

I particularly like those rings of upturned stones. They're really cool. Craters, or henges? It's a mystery that's been perplexing archaeographers for centuries ;)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #49 on: June 3, 2017, 06:18:50 AM »
That bunker is looking really cool Dann! I think the main part, the bastion element, really looks natural in the way it is embedded into the terrain. It looks really imposing and will be an excellent centrepiece on any table. Nice work!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #50 on: June 7, 2017, 11:07:44 PM »
G'day Ynneadwraith!
Thanks for your encouragement, mate. All the pieces are the tips of volcanoes, showing how deep the snow actually is. The Space Wolves home base is called The Fang and I'm trying to put that affect into the landscape. Big honk'n slates of rock, jutting out of the snow looking like the fangs of the planet.

Hey Looshkin!
Cheers for your comment, mate. I used to put more detail into my bunkers but I'm getting lazy in my old age... Be well!

Everybody!
Sorry about the delay in my replies. My keyboard didn't survive the spillage on scotch night. Took a week to be able to get into town to replace it.
I don't think the old one is damaged. Just became drunk and passed out.   
« Last Edit: July 8, 2017, 04:50:02 AM by Saim-dann »

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2017, 05:03:47 AM »
Ooh nice idea :) I like that. A world covered in fangs of rock, only made inhabitable by the glaciers that flow between them. Neat!

Also yeah, keyboards. Complete lightweights.
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!