News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Where can i get a Dracon?  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Hoofah

• I'm a llama!
Where can i get a Dracon?
« on: February 19, 2002, 08:41:48 AM »
Ok ive looked on the GW website, and a whole bunch of others and they dont have Dracons. How do i make or represent one? Do i use a lord? Thnx.

Offline Kabal of the Bleeding Sun

Re:Where can i get a Dracon?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2002, 09:27:43 AM »
From what I see Dracon's are lords just like Archons, so you could use any of the lord figures to represent either one.  But that is just from what I see.

Offline Rhysk

• Begin the Litanies of Hatred!!!
    • My squatter page on the net
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2002, 09:45:38 AM »
Lots of choices, you could add a bunch of Detail work to a Sybarite, Use a regular DE lord, Convert an Eldar Pheonix Lord or Exrach, Start from scratch.... The possibilities are overwhelming me now....must put topic down and walk away
"Victurus te Saluto!" (He who is about to win salutes you)

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2002, 10:11:55 AM »
LOL Rhysk, there is always a ton of possibilities.  Are you allowed to have modified warriors at tourneys, and do they look down on that?  I have been adding a second blade on top of the splinter rifles, because the look is pretty cool I think, and would they look down on that?  Just wondering before I do too many of my warriors that way.. I mean I have a ton to work with, but I want to have a full force that I can use for a tourney.

Offline Rhysk

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2002, 10:24:10 AM »
My Warriors usually carry a minimum of 4 blades on each one. I can't see there being difficulty with adding detail pieces supplied by GW. I even use that hand holding the blade on some of my warriors. The Warriors can't take extra close combat weapons, so pretty much everyone knows they are going to have Splinter rifles and or Heavy/Assualt weapons....

The WYSIWYG, is more just to make sure that you represent weapons that your models actually have. I guess technically the hand with the combat weapon isn't WYSIWYG, but adding blades all over the place shouldn't be an issue.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2002, 10:50:52 AM »
I didn't think so, but who knows sometimes.  The representing the weapons is going to take some conversion work on my part, but it will all be cool and fun, but I have to make sure it all gets done before I go to a tourney.  I was planning on getting my style and army down before then so I know what mods to make.  Cause right now I am not sure what weapons I want.  And about that other hand, it is one of the combinations, and one of the better combos because what else do you have if you dont' want to use the sprue SC (eg, you have more then enough already because there is one on every sprue).  The only part I hate about that is I have to use the rifle without the baretta blade.  But oh well, most of my other ones have two, so I guess I can live with it lol, and if not, try to find some extra knives or helmets to make one for it.

Offline Quenture

• Only in screams can true poetry be found.
    • The Wild Hunt
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2002, 12:09:52 PM »
I just wanted to take this opportunity to encourage DE players to try and use every darn spike on those sprues...

Make 'em spiky!!!

*laughs crazily*

Sorry, I'm just notorious for the spikyness of my army...I even take those knives and cut just the blade off, and use those as spikes for shoulderplates, etc.

There are lots of jokes about my warriors not being able to sit down, turn their heads quickly, or get thrown forward in a transport.

"Oww!!!"  *DE warrior impaled on the spikes of the warrior in front of him while the Raider jerks to a stop*

Heehee...

Quenture
We will compose symphonies with the shrieks of the dying, and pen epics with the blood of the defeated.

Offline Rhysk

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2002, 12:36:18 PM »
That's the spirit, spikey ones kill better... lol (to borrow slightly from orks.)

Plus they just look darn mean with all those spikes on them..

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2002, 03:08:39 PM »
Yes they do.  I really think adding either a blade off of that two bladed helmet, a cut down knife, or another barretta, which gives it kind of a partial trident look.  Kinda like the female lord has.  Looks pretty cool I think, but who knows.